Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 08:23 AM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
I read the bible and other scripture daily. If someone claims to be a saved Christian yet doesn't read scriptures and walk without repeated sin then they are lying to themselves and others.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 08:27 AM
(01-10-2015 08:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I read the bible and other scripture daily. If someone claims to be a saved Christian yet doesn't read scriptures and walk without repeated sin then they are lying to themselves and others.

So, the overwhelming majority of Christians are liars and hypocrites? Consider

Well, we agree on that at least.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
01-10-2015, 08:37 AM
(01-10-2015 08:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:23 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I read the bible and other scripture daily. If someone claims to be a saved Christian yet doesn't read scriptures and walk without repeated sin then they are lying to themselves and others.

So, the overwhelming majority of Christians are liars and hypocrites? Consider

Consider what? That is exactly my point.
01-10-2015, 08:44 AM
(01-10-2015 08:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  So, the overwhelming majority of Christians are liars and hypocrites? Consider

Consider what? That is exactly my point.

And as I said... we agree... I didn't think that was unclear.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
01-10-2015, 08:48 AM
(01-10-2015 08:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Consider what? That is exactly my point.

Just don't get the whole Consider thing I guess.
01-10-2015, 08:51 AM

I appreciate you sharing why you read it, why do you think others of your faith don't though? If you had to venture a guess. Also, what "other" scripture are you referring to? Book of Mormon?
01-10-2015, 08:53 AM
(01-10-2015 08:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  And as I said... we agree... I didn't think that was unclear.

I'm guessing that INMITY was merely :consider:ing what he perceived to be an irony or point of amusement in your statement.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-10-2015, 08:54 AM
(01-10-2015 08:51 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  

I appreciate you sharing why you read it, why do you think others of your faith don't though? If you had to venture a guess.
They are steeped in errant tradition started by evil powers that be under the guise of the rightly guided. Also modern society leads astray at a very young age in general.
01-10-2015, 08:56 AM
(01-10-2015 08:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Consider what? That is exactly my point.

Pops has [reading] comprehension issues. When you are that deep in fantasy it is hard to follow reality.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
01-10-2015, 08:57 AM
(01-10-2015 08:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  And as I said... we agree... I didn't think that was unclear.

Well, it is something to consider beyond the face value of it. Perhaps you should reflect on the reasons WHY so many of your brethren are liars and hypocrites. Just a thought.

[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post