Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 08:58 AM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
(01-10-2015 08:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  And as I said... we agree... I didn't think that was unclear.

Pops has [reading] comprehension issues. When you are that deep in fantasy it is hard to follow reality.
No dick, I have seen that stupid assed ":consider:" so much it puts a bad taste in my mouth when I see it. Kinda like my Sig for some.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 09:03 AM
(01-10-2015 08:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Pops has [reading] comprehension issues. When you are that deep in fantasy it is hard to follow reality.

No dick, I have seen that stupid assed ":consider:" so much it puts a bad taste in my mouth when I see it. Kinda like my Sig for some.

How easily your anger becomes unchecked. It is telling.
Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
01-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Some of the volunteer fruitcakes were passing out stuff like this at the detention centre where I used to work. I guess Facebook educated people are more likely to read and empathize with it.

[Image: 51Q2oXCRjYL._SX333_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg] [Image: 51srdr0SQhL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
01-10-2015, 09:04 AM
(01-10-2015 08:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Pops has [reading] comprehension issues. When you are that deep in fantasy it is hard to follow reality.

You think Consider is stupid?!?

Why would you think contemplating something beyond what is written to be stupid?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
01-10-2015, 09:06 AM
(01-10-2015 08:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:51 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  I appreciate you sharing why you read it, why do you think others of your faith don't though? If you had to venture a guess.
They are steeped in errant tradition started by evil powers that be under the guise of the rightly guided. Also modern society leads astray at a very young age in general.

Pops - please read what you said here over again and tell us how this would not apply to all religious teachings and it's proponents. Are you that deluded and self righteous that you can still stand by this statement?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
01-10-2015, 09:09 AM
(01-10-2015 09:04 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 08:58 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No dick, I have seen that stupid assed ":consider:" so much it puts a bad taste in my mouth when I see it. Kinda like my Sig for some.

You think Consider is stupid?!?

Why would you think contemplating something beyond what is written to be stupid?

That's Pops in a nutshell. He latches on to whatever feels good; actually thinking about things is a foreign concept.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-10-2015, 10:23 AM
Plenty of Christians read the bible. If they understand it at all they become atheists.
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post
01-10-2015, 10:25 AM

Oh, yippee. Here you are again with the witty banter and insightful contributions to the thread topic.
01-10-2015, 10:26 AM
I think that those who do only read it through the lens of John 3:16. I was having a texting discussion with my sister the other day and she said that Job 38 as god building up Job. I see it completely differently. I also think that so many bible studies/pastors cherrypick what they tell the people. This, coupled with the fact that so many will just lap that shit up without pondering the implications keeps this nonsense going.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
01-10-2015, 11:01 AM
(01-10-2015 12:19 AM)cmr211 Wrote:  If you don't read or don't believe what is in Genesis is true, than the rest of the bible is effectively invalidated?

No.

Not even in the slightest.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]