Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 11:04 PM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
(01-10-2015 10:48 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  About 85 %. But the Bible is not the scripture #1 for LDS. Our #1 scripture is BoM and I read it 100 %.
I don't really need the Bible, we(LDS) have living prophets. God speaks today. What God says today is more important than what He said long, long time ago in the book that is full of errors.

Who are these living prophets?

so, more close to the OP, how many "most of the Christians" exactly do not read their Bibles? I would like to know the number. Do you know?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 11:09 PM
(01-10-2015 10:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:44 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Slowing of evolution??? Are you just going to continue to repeat your view without a basis again?

If you honestly wanted happiness or good vibes/whatever it was, to spread around in the world. Not thinking there is this "evil" out there and good/evil against eachother but actually embraced sensible sociological elements of people, you could make an actual impact that can send better ripples than your current state of assertion assertion assertion.
The age of enlightenment was the turning point. What has greed done on a global scale? What has it done for you? Not strictly monetary by any means.

Unrequited greed is not good, and I don't think anyone here would argue the point.

Doesn't mean that condemning people for thought crime ('thou shall not covet') seems any more reasonable or justifiable.

(01-10-2015 10:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Through unbiased independent inquiry anyone can eventually conclude the same things as me. No I can not really prove anything for anyone else.

That's a contradiction there chief.

If you don't have evidence that can actually 'prove anything for anyone else', then you sure as shit are not going to convince an 'unbiased independent inquiry' of anything; except maybe your own staggering incredulity and ineptitude.

(01-10-2015 10:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Bias is a batch.

Laugh out load

(01-10-2015 10:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So is society. Learning things for yourself will always be better than having someone else assert them for you, regardless of their societal stance.

No kidding? Considering all you have done here is make baseless assertions, one has to wonder why you'd now attempt to torpedo that very technique? Consider

(01-10-2015 10:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm not a scientist friend.

Clearly. Laugh out load

(01-10-2015 10:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm a homeless carpenter. The government pays colleges to figure shit out. Corruption and greed runs deep and hides in the dark though. Perhaps in time I will have an observable, irrefutable proof. I'm not giving up. Thanks, not crazy technically. Just not the same exactly.

You're not crazy, technically, only because the DSM has a special exemption for 'religious beliefs' that separate it from other delusions; they've literally written special pleading into the very definition.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-10-2015, 11:16 PM
(01-10-2015 11:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:48 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Who are these living prophets?

so, more close to the OP, how many "most of the Christians" exactly do not read their Bibles? I would like to know the number. Do you know?

No.

But not many. The babble is spoonfed to them in bits and pieces.

I looked up your "prophet." Thomas Monson. Sounds like a fuckwit. Must be a real turd to call himself a "prophet." We got that sort here too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVw0eFmnQtM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2015, 11:17 PM
(01-10-2015 10:20 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  People see greed(sin) as a survival of the fittest type thing that will bring their existence to fruishin when it will really spoil the hole fruit(existence). To sin is negative and can ultately bring about only negative. Greed has brought forth the advancement of society at a crippled rate. And it will be our end if nothing is done. Think how better existence as a whole would be if there as no division due to greed. All significant technological advancement has come as a byproduct of stagnant war technology. No greed= no division= no war= no wasted resourses+ peaceful unified effort towards abvancement and betterment as a whole= way more useful advancement.

No, you are incorrect.

Without greed there would be no progress, no humanity even. To be greedy is to desire more, and from that desire advancement is born. If we lacked our intrinsic lust for more, where would we be now I ask you?

Our species would be dead.

We desire more to secure ourselves, it is a simple fact and virtually all species are like this: they desire more mates, more resources, more territory, more progeny; always more. Why? To ensure the survival of the children and the continuation of one's line. That is why if we lacked our greed we would not be here to discuss the point; our ancestors would never have thrived as they did and survived on to us.
Of course no species, not even Humans, are absolutely greedy. The greed is tempered by that of others and evolved strategies; aggression toward others and defensive posturing, physical limitations, even the evolution of altruism, and in at least humans, understanding and empathy. They keep things in check.
And while we are on altruism, Homo Sapiens is actually one of the most altruistic species known in biological science; an enormous number forego reproductive success to support that of others, a trait which is very rare in non-colony species (colony species being comprised of mostly insects like bees and ants or the aberrant species known as naked mole rats).

Yes, greed leads to division and war and senseless violence, but it also leads people to want to be more than they are, to dream of being better tomorrow than they are today. From greed is born ambition, and from ambition comes progress.

Tell me, would you condemn a person for pursuing to their fullest a life of happiness? Would you begrudge their quest for a castle for themselves, and the love of a family they can call their own? Because such pursuits are certainly greedy, and yet they are not bad are they?

This is the ultimate problem with religions like Christianity; they take all that is human and pervert it and condemn it as sin.

The human animal is a complex one certainly but animal they still are; they are the sum of many, many parts. To lay the blame of their failures at merely one component is a great folly. The violence that erupts from human greed would not be without the volcanic rage it harbours within, nor could the unending affection between a man and his young daughter be without both the greed and the boundless love inside.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-10-2015, 11:18 PM
(01-10-2015 10:58 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:44 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Slowing of evolution??? Are you just going to continue to repeat your view without a basis again?

If you honestly wanted happiness or good vibes/whatever it was, to spread around in the world. Not thinking there is this "evil" out there and good/evil against eachother but actually embraced sensible sociological elements of people, you could make an actual impact that can send better ripples than your current state of assertion assertion assertion.
The age of enlightenment was the turning point. What has greed done on a global scale? What has it done for you? Not strictly monetary by any means. Through unbiased independent inquiry anyone can eventually conclude the same things as me. No I can not really prove anything for anyone else. Bias is a batch. So is society. Learning things for yourself will always be better than having someone else assert them for you, regardless of their societal stance. I'm not a scientist friend. I'm a homeless carpenter. The government pays colleges to figure shit out. Corruption and greed runs deep and hides in the dark though. Perhaps in time I will have an observable, irrefutable proof. I'm not giving up. Thanks, not crazy technically. Just not the same exactly.

Turning point for what? People stopped in more numbers thinking in the manner that you did after the age of enlightenment... you get that right? They learned how to confirm ideas and science by striving to allow LESS bias into views by confirming them through various test and peoples perspectives.

Your, I just think it and experience it, so I can assert it... actually has lessened a great deal because of Enlightenment. We don't allow court testimonies to hang people because someone "dreamt" or felt another person was a witch anymore.

What has greed done for me and society? Kept me alive, kept society alive, allowed animals we need to survive to have our ecological & botanical systems afloat alive.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
01-10-2015, 11:43 PM
Life through experience, nature, and honest introspect. Clouding of conscience through mass manipulation and distraction through greed and further manipulation.
The scientific method can be used to desifer a things to an extent. But it has blocked our perception of the inobviouse insisting that existence is but the sum of its parts. Not saying think/ feel = correct. I'm saying observeable+ hypothetical conclusions are not equal to the extent of existence.

Your confusing greed with sustain.
01-10-2015, 11:45 PM
(01-10-2015 10:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:27 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  But the question remains -- if not those methods, then what?

Personal feelz, obviously. Rolleyes

Which ALSO leads them in many different directions.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
02-10-2015, 12:42 AM
(01-10-2015 11:45 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Personal feelz, obviously. Rolleyes

Which ALSO leads them in many different directions.

Of course! Because if there was only one true god, and we actually had hard evidence to verify that fact, well... We wouldn't actually need the feelz, now would we?

02-10-2015, 12:44 AM
(01-10-2015 11:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Life through experience, nature, and honest introspect. Clouding of conscience through mass manipulation and distraction through greed and further manipulation.
The scientific method can be used to desifer a things to an extent. But it has blocked our perception of the inobviouse insisting that existence is but the sum of its parts. Not saying think/ feel = correct. I'm saying observeable+ hypothetical conclusions are not equal to the extent of existence.

Holy fucking word salad Batman!

Also, you don't understand what the scientific method is. Like, at all. So kindly shut the fuck up...

02-10-2015, 12:45 AM
(02-10-2015 12:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 11:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Life through experience, nature, and honest introspect. Clouding of conscience through mass manipulation and distraction through greed and further manipulation.

Holy fucking word salad Batman!

Also, you don't understand what the scientific method is. Like, at all. So kindly shut the fuck up...
Yeah there you go assuming some more s***.