Why don't you believe in a possible God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2016, 08:13 AM
RE: Why don't you believe in a possible God?
Because we do know in a very real scientific evolutionary biological sense and a psychological sense why humans gap fill and project their human qualities on non human things.

God of the gaps is a result of our species ignorance of science and flawed perceptions. It is making up comic book answers as to why things happen.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
21-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Why don't you believe in a possible God?
[Image: 511527e923f4c7119d3cefc7a681680d.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
21-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Sorry, just felt compelled to post a meme.
21-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Which god? And why only one? And how did that god come into being. Or those gods. Can you define what a god is?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-01-2016, 11:02 PM
I believe in all the divine beings in the OT.
I lost count how many that makes. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-01-2016, 11:04 PM
(21-01-2016 11:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I believe in all the divine beings in the OT.

Julian in Against the Galileans pointed that out.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-01-2016, 12:47 AM
(21-01-2016 11:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I believe in all the divine beings in the OT.

What are the hosts of angels and other beings of the divine realm after all? All of the monotheistic offshoots of polytheistic paganism are still polytheistic, they just chose to rename all of the other 'deities' by other titles. Any polytheistic pagan looking at Christianity would see a pantheon. Only Christians see all of their divine actors as anything but a polytheistic pantheon, and it's all nothing but a word game. It's the equivalent of only referring to Zeus as a god and relegating all of the other's to another status. Making Poseidon the 'guardian angel of the seas' instead of the 'god of the seas' doesn't really change his job description, power level, or his place in the hierarchy; the only thing that has changed is his title. Yet that's really all Christianity did.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-01-2016, 02:09 AM
(22-01-2016 12:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

What are the hosts of angels and other beings of the divine realm after all? All of the monotheistic offshoots of polytheistic paganism are still polytheistic, they just chose to rename all of the other 'deities' by other titles. Any polytheistic pagan looking at Christianity would see a pantheon. Only Christians see all of their divine actors as anything but a polytheistic pantheon, and it's all nothing but a word game. It's the equivalent of only referring to Zeus as a god and relegating all of the other's to another status. Making Poseidon the 'guardian angel of the seas' instead of the 'god of the seas' doesn't really change his job description, power level, or his place in the hierarchy; the only thing that has changed is his title. Yet that's really all Christianity did.

Poseidon was equal of Zeus though I thought? As in, if he thought Zeus was a prick he'd go his own way. Making him a guardian angel is definitely a demotion. Hence Hurricane Katrina. He was pissed off with the Christees, not the gays.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-01-2016, 02:12 AM
(22-01-2016 02:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 12:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What are the hosts of angels and other beings of the divine realm after all? All of the monotheistic offshoots of polytheistic paganism are still polytheistic, they just chose to rename all of the other 'deities' by other titles. Any polytheistic pagan looking at Christianity would see a pantheon. Only Christians see all of their divine actors as anything but a polytheistic pantheon, and it's all nothing but a word game. It's the equivalent of only referring to Zeus as a god and relegating all of the other's to another status. Making Poseidon the 'guardian angel of the seas' instead of the 'god of the seas' doesn't really change his job description, power level, or his place in the hierarchy; the only thing that has changed is his title. Yet that's really all Christianity did.

Poseidon was equal of Zeus though I thought? As in, if he thought Zeus was a prick he'd go his own way. Making him a guardian angel is definitely a demotion. Hence Hurricane Katrina. He was pissed off with the Christees, not the gays.

Zeus was the eldest, and the top dog of the pantheon. Others could disobey or even challenge him, but most others just did their part and served him. I guess this would really make Poseidon more akin to Satan/Lucifer, but then again, so was Hades.

Plus both Yahweh and Zeus knocked up human virgins, so they got that going for them too...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-01-2016, 02:22 AM
(22-01-2016 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 02:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Poseidon was equal of Zeus though I thought? As in, if he thought Zeus was a prick he'd go his own way. Making him a guardian angel is definitely a demotion. Hence Hurricane Katrina. He was pissed off with the Christees, not the gays.

Zeus was the eldest, and the top dog of the pantheon. Others could disobey or even challenge him, but most others just did their part and served him. I guess this would really make Poseidon more akin to Satan/Lucifer, but then again, so was Hades.

Plus both Yahweh and Zeus knocked up human virgins, so they got that going for them too...

Apart from being oldest, Zeus didn't have much claim though. IIRC Poseidon, Hades and Zeus drew lots for which realm they would rule and Zeus got sky. The three were also more or less equal in power. Poseidon isn't really in opposition to Zeus as Satan is to Yahweh either, just doesn't give much of a shit about him.

Greek gods are way cooler than Jewish ones, how come we got stuck with the Jewish one.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post