Why don't you believe in a possible God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: Why don't you believe in a possible God?
(22-01-2016 02:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Zeus was the eldest, and the top dog of the pantheon. Others could disobey or even challenge him, but most others just did their part and served him. I guess this would really make Poseidon more akin to Satan/Lucifer, but then again, so was Hades.

Plus both Yahweh and Zeus knocked up human virgins, so they got that going for them too...

Apart from being oldest, Zeus didn't have much claim though. IIRC Poseidon, Hades and Zeus drew lots for which realm they would rule and Zeus got sky. The three were also more or less equal in power. Poseidon isn't really in opposition to Zeus as Satan is to Yahweh either, just doesn't give much of a shit about him.

Greek gods are way cooler than Jewish ones, how come we got stuck with the Jewish one.

Look at the Jewish precursor to Christianity. Satan was ha satan 'the accuser', a member of god's divine counsel and one of his representatives on Earth he used to interact with humans. Just look at the Book of Job.

Plus let's no forget that the god of Christian mythology is a descendant of Yawhists revisionism, that tried to white wash their own books and remove references to El, Baal, and Asherah. Their own supreme being is nothing more than an inflated, petty, regional war deity; and was himself one of the 70 sons of another deity, the aforementioned El.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-01-2016, 03:07 AM
(22-01-2016 02:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 02:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Apart from being oldest, Zeus didn't have much claim though. IIRC Poseidon, Hades and Zeus drew lots for which realm they would rule and Zeus got sky. The three were also more or less equal in power. Poseidon isn't really in opposition to Zeus as Satan is to Yahweh either, just doesn't give much of a shit about him.

Greek gods are way cooler than Jewish ones, how come we got stuck with the Jewish one.

Look at the Jewish precursor to Christianity. Satan was ha satan 'the accuser', a member of god's divine counsel and one of his representatives on Earth he used to interact with humans. Just look at the Book of Job.

Plus let's no forget that the god of Christian mythology is a descendant of Yawhists revisionism, that tried to white wash their own books and remove references to El, Baal, and Asherah. Their own supreme being is nothing more than an inflated, petty, regional war deity; and was himself one of the 70 sons of another deity, the aforementioned El.

I'll believe you, 'cos I can't be arsed to challenge you Tongue Where might I find a reference for this stuff? I know Bucky goes bananas over El too...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-01-2016, 03:24 AM
(22-01-2016 03:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'll believe you, 'cos I can't be arsed to challenge you Tongue Where might I find a reference for this stuff? I know Bucky goes bananas over El too...

If you want a book, try Karen Armstong's 'A History of God'. If you want the cliff-note's version, watch these videos.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Constantine did a deal with the tiny Christian sect to back him in his civil war with Maxentius culminating at the Milvian bridge. Maxentius was killed. Constantine became emperor and the tiny xian cult benefitted as a result. This cult turned on pagans and then its own various systems. Chaos ensued and has never ended to this day.

The great liar, Eusebius worked under Constantine, is responsible for many of the martyr stories and selling xianity to the public. For example one could convert, get 5 coins and a cloak.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-01-2016, 03:44 AM
(22-01-2016 03:39 AM)Banjo Wrote:  For example one could convert, get 5 coins and a cloak.

I'd take that deal.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-01-2016, 04:04 AM
I don't because what's the point in believing?

I've grown really weary lately of this idea because it really dawned on me how useless the notion of "believing" is because it's based by people on this notion that it matters to a god.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
22-01-2016, 04:21 AM
God is an immature, primitive concept; useful for population control and soothing the fears of shallow thinkers. So how da fuq did it get to be our job to devise a new pacifier? I throw that shit out of the crib. Tongue

(20-01-2016 08:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Maybe they're trying to be edgelords or something. I don't know.

Did you just call me a fucking edgelord!?!?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-01-2016, 04:40 AM
(22-01-2016 04:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  God is an immature, primitive concept; useful for population control and soothing the fears of shallow thinkers. So how da fuq did it get to be our job to devise a new pacifier? I throw that shit out of the crib. Tongue

(20-01-2016 08:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Maybe they're trying to be edgelords or something. I don't know.

WTF is an Edgelord? Blink

22-01-2016, 05:06 AM
(22-01-2016 04:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 04:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  God is an immature, primitive concept; useful for population control and soothing the fears of shallow thinkers. So how da fuq did it get to be our job to devise a new pacifier? I throw that shit out of the crib. Tongue

WTF is an Edgelord? Blink

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edgelord

Laugh out load I'm learning a whole new vocabulary on this forum...

22-01-2016, 05:16 AM
(22-01-2016 05:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-01-2016 04:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  WTF is an Edgelord? Blink

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edgelord

Laugh out load I'm learning a whole new vocabulary on this forum...

4chan can go burn in a fire... Dodgy