Why don't you believe in a possible God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: Why don't you believe in a possible God?
(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, the observable is such because GOD wills it.

There is a creative/driving force.

Peace

Prove it!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-01-2016, 07:15 PM
I AM God, asshole. Get the fuck out of my face before I rain some old testament justice on your pathetic sorry ass.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-01-2016, 07:17 PM
(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You say the observable things don't necessitate GOD. But the nature of all existence seems to go along some path of sorts. We can somewhat identify causes, but cannot connect all the causes or determine the reason for their nature.

Before this existence would have been what?

Beyond this existence lies what?

What binds these very physical laws we can observe?

What set all in motion?

What gave us the peculiar thing that is life among this mass void?

We don't know yet. Not having an answer does not justify cooking up a gap filler.
We do get than childish minds require an answer today to continue operating.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, the observable is such because GOD wills it.

Peace

So your evil deity wills innocent babies to get cancer.
You're even more of a fool than I thought.

Life (there is no absolute boundary between life and non-life) arose spontaneously. The chemistry is WAY over your simple-minded level of science knowledge.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-01-2016, 07:18 PM

Peace

No, the observable is such because a magical invisible kangaroo wills it.

If this ^ makes no sense to you, then maybe you can understand why your statement makes no sense to me.

My claim and your claim are exactly the same.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
17-01-2016, 07:21 PM
(17-01-2016 07:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Prove it!

I prefer to say "Show me." It sounds less confrontational and is more likely to leave the other person groping for something to actually come up with.
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
17-01-2016, 07:24 PM
(17-01-2016 07:21 PM)jabeady Wrote:  

I prefer to say "Show me." It sounds less confrontational and is more likely to leave the other person groping for something to actually come up with.

Aussies are usually pretty straight to the point.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-01-2016, 07:27 PM

Language is important. Very important.
17-01-2016, 07:30 PM
(17-01-2016 07:18 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  

Peace

No, the observable is such because a magical invisible kangaroo wills it.

If this ^ makes no sense to you, then maybe you can understand why your statement makes no sense to me.

My claim and your claim are exactly the same.
Not at all.

I don't claim to know of the countenance of God, but what God wills. You claim to know it fully as a ...kangaroo.

Giving human qualities to the One Creator GOD is a means of understanding based on our limited perspective, yet many let it wholly flaw their motives.

Peace
17-01-2016, 07:33 PM
(17-01-2016 12:39 AM)GrandMasterK Wrote:  A universe of laws without a lawmaker is a curious one.

You've got it all bass ackwards. We are the law makers. The laws of nature are not something imposed on nature. They are general principles that we induced from observations of nature that describe and define how nature operates. They are descriptive, not prescriptive. They are a product of our consciousness and would not exist without us. Nature would still exist and things would behave as they do but we would not be here to make the laws.

A universe of laws without a law giver, in the sense of a consciousness that imposes it's will on things and makes them orderly, is exactly what we have. A universe with a lawgiver would violate the primacy of existence and so it can not be true.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
17-01-2016, 07:36 PM

First, throw out greed, consciously.

Be utterly introspective and honest with self on all levels, even if only through retrospect initially.

If you can do both of those, I'm bet you'd get shown.