Why don't you believe in a possible God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: Why don't you believe in a possible God?
(17-01-2016 07:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't claim to know of the countenance of God, but what God wills.

So does every religious lunatic that ever lived. Take a number.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-01-2016, 07:41 PM
(17-01-2016 07:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  First, throw out greed, consciously.

Be utterly introspective and honest with self on all levels, even if only through retrospect initially.

If you can do both of those, I'm bet you'd get shown.

How does this prove a god exists?

Please explain in detail.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-01-2016, 07:44 PM
(17-01-2016 07:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't claim to know of the countenance of God, but what God wills.

So does every religious lunatic that ever lived. Take a number.
Pretty sure I'm damn near the only one here, sorta.
17-01-2016, 07:45 PM
(17-01-2016 06:20 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So the proposition that there is no God can be dismissed due to lack of evidence?

Nice to know.

Utterly flawed reply. You already know that though, don't you. A negative cannot be proved, nor falsified.

However. If anyone is claiming there is no God, that claim is supported by, well, the entirety of human experience during the scientific age. Almost everything that had been attributed to supernatural forces has been found to instead be nature - in many cases (such as all geologic and meteorological anomalies), mere convection. Given the trajectory of this path of discovery, it stands to reason that the things currently unknown will also be found to have natural origin.
17-01-2016, 07:46 PM
(17-01-2016 07:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  First, throw out greed, consciously.

Be utterly introspective and honest with self on all levels, even if only through retrospect initially.

If you can do both of those, I'm bet you'd get shown.

How does this prove a god exists?

Please explain in detail.
It's a means to bring out a condition. Not that I limit GOD or it's will.
17-01-2016, 07:48 PM
(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I can respect that.

You say the observable things don't necessitate GOD. But the nature of all existence seems to go along some path of sorts.

What path? Please show evidence of a path of any sort.

Quote:We can somewhat identify causes, but cannot connect all the causes or determine the reason for their nature.

Yet.

Quote:Before this existence would have been what?

We don't know, yet.

Quote:Beyond this existence lies what?

Personal existence? There is no evidence that there is anything.

Quote:What binds these very physical laws we can observe?

What does that even mean? Scientific laws are merely statements of our observations.

Quote:What set all in motion?

We don't know, yet.

Quote:What gave us the peculiar thing that is life among this mass void?

We don't know, but we're making progress.

Quote:No, the observable is such because GOD wills it.

That is yet one more unsubstantiated assertion.

Quote:There is a creative/driving force.

Show the evidence or STFU. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
17-01-2016, 08:09 PM
(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You say the observable things don't necessitate GOD.
Because they don't.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  But the nature of all existence seems to go along some path of sorts.
Not it does not. "Path" suggests a destination or an intent, nature operates wholly in accordance with natural law none of which require in the slightest your dime a dozen childish notion of a god. Not one single unexplained phenomena in nature has, when carefully investigated, has had an explanation that was outside the natural order. Not once has a god EVER been required to, or even remotely been shown to, explain anything.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We can somewhat identify causes..
The educated can but you fail spectacularly at this as you repeatedly assert, without evidence, causes that can't be shown, proven, or demonstrated in the slightest. You try to enter your personal bias into every single unexplained (and even a few areas you are ignorant of that HAVE been explained. Your success rate, measured by that which you can actually demonstrate, hovers around the high 0% rate. On a good day it's as much as 2 times that much though to be fair.Drinking Beverage

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  but cannot connect all the causes or determine the reason for their nature.
Reason implies intent or purpose which you are not justified in asserting. Furthermore just because we don't have a fully fleshed out explanation of something does not mean you can just insert god. God of the gaps is amateur hour pops, exactly what I would expect for you.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Before this existence would have been what?
I don't know and neither do you.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Beyond this existence lies what?
I don't know and neither do you, though all of the evidence points to nothing if you are referring to after an individuals death.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What binds these very physical laws we can observe?
If you have as much trouble understanding Cosmology as you do Evolutionary Biology I wouldn't waste my time even trying to explain it to you. Your are in effect asking "why do Laws, law?".

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What set all in motion?
I don't know and neither do you.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What gave us the peculiar thing that is life among this mass void?
In simple terms? Chance, more or less as far as the evidence shows.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No, the observable is such because GOD wills it.
You have exactly zero evidence to support this claim, have had months to provide some, so your assertion is rejected as unsupported and more over entirely fucking stupid. The delusions of a mentally unstable persona re not evidence.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There is a creative/driving force.
You have exactly zero evidence to support this claim, have had months to provide some, so your assertion is rejected as unsupported and more over entirely fucking stupid. The delusions of a mentally unstable persona re not evidence.

(17-01-2016 07:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Peace
Read a science textbook you fucking primitive.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-01-2016, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 08:38 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(17-01-2016 07:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So does every religious lunatic that ever lived. Take a number.
Pretty sure I'm damn near the only one here, sorta.

You realize you just admitted you are a lunatic right? Drinking Beverage
Idiot.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-01-2016, 08:26 PM
(17-01-2016 08:11 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Pretty sure I'm damn near the only one here, sorta.

You realize you just admitted you area lunatic right? Drinking Beverage
Idiot.

Bowing

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
17-01-2016, 08:36 PM
(17-01-2016 08:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 08:11 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You realize you just admitted you area lunatic right? Drinking Beverage
Idiot.

Bowing
Uhm, yeah. Never denied the possibility of such, only the flaw of what society calls normal.