Why don't you believe in a possible God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 08:39 PM
RE: Why don't you believe in a possible God?
As to the OP, whenever I come across this query, I tend to ask "Which god?" Any supposed 'evidence' or even 'probability' can, imo, apply to any or even all of the thousands of gods that someone, somewhere, sometime, has believed in, revered, honored, worshipped etc.

I consider myself a poly-agnostic, and i reckon if there can be one god, there is just as much likelihood there are thousands. But I just don't know. So i will cherrypick my gods and goddesses, whatever takes my fancy, to wonder if they are real or not.

Worship SlavesEvil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2016, 08:45 PM
(17-01-2016 08:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 08:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bowing
Uhm, yeah. Never denied the possibility of such, only the flaw of what society calls normal.
Not talking possibilities pops, you agreed you ARE one.

If you consider a society that considers an unmedicated attempted murderer with a compulsion towards dishonesty who "talks to god" and threats to hurt people when his panties get twisted a lunatic to be a "flawed" society you should never be in any position of authority at all ever. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-01-2016, 08:51 PM
(17-01-2016 08:45 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 08:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Uhm, yeah. Never denied the possibility of such, only the flaw of what society calls normal.
Not talking possibilities pops, you agreed you ARE one.

If you consider a society that considers an unmedicated attempted murderer with a compulsion towards dishonesty who "talks to god" and threats to hurt people when his panties get twisted a lunatic to be a "flawed" society you should never be in any position of authority at all ever. Drinking Beverage

I wouldn't want to be
17-01-2016, 09:15 PM
(17-01-2016 08:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 08:45 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Not talking possibilities pops, you agreed you ARE one.

I wouldn't want to be
He said while claiming to be in direct communication with the creator of the universe and able to guide us all to a better life and society. Rolleyes

I didn't just mean people pops I meant any kind of authority at all. Raising kids for example. Drinking Beverage Actually to be perfectly frank if someone put you in charge of babysitting a potato I'd actually take it way from you cause you would be unqualified for that responsibility.

Also I'd be worried you would hear voices from the potato and shoot up a mall or something.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-01-2016, 09:20 PM
(17-01-2016 07:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  How does this prove a god exists?

Please explain in detail.
It's a means to bring out a condition. Not that I limit GOD or it's will.

Non/avoidance of answer proves. POE.

Time to Fuck off pops.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-01-2016, 10:10 PM
(17-01-2016 07:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't claim to know of the countenance of God, but what God wills. You claim to know it fully as a ...kangaroo.

Giving human qualities to the One Creator GOD is a means of understanding based on our limited perspective, yet many let it wholly flaw their motives.

Peace

Demonstrate your knowledge.

Describe how you came into this knowledge.

Describe how this information can be falsified.

Present evidence to validate your knowledge.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-01-2016, 10:19 PM
(17-01-2016 07:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:21 PM)jabeady Wrote:  I prefer to say "Show me." It sounds less confrontational and is more likely to leave the other person groping for something to actually come up with.
First, throw out greed, consciously.

Be utterly introspective and honest with self on all levels, even if only through retrospect initially.

If you can do both of those, I'm bet you'd get shown.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

What would it take for me to believe again? I've asked myself this question more than once. I have spent decades overcoming my religious indoctrination and still find it difficult to put it all firmly behind me. So God should have a bit of an advantage, one would think. Still, having found simple faith insufficient, I'm going to need something more than promises and threats; I'm going to have to be shown something that can have no other possible explanation. What would that be? To be fair, I can't demand something ridiculous (a rock so heavy that even He can't lift it). It's a problem. Then I realized it isn't my problem, it's God's. If He is everything He's supposed to be, He knows better than anyone, even me, how to bring me back. In other words I should let go and let God, to borrow a favorite phrase of the faithful, and that is exactly what I've done. So far, though, the aether has been silent.
[+] 3 users Like jabeady's post
17-01-2016, 10:34 PM
(17-01-2016 12:57 AM)skyking Wrote:  It isn't disbelief. It is simply a concept without any proof.

This. +1
[+] 3 users Like Flowergurl's post
18-01-2016, 12:31 AM
Holy christ. That is a lot of responses. I'm not sure a better way to handle this so I'm gonna squeeze as many responses with quotes as I can into my next post. Here goes.....
18-01-2016, 12:58 AM
It isn't disbelief if you've never believed. I didn't once believe and now I've unbelieved, though many have that experience.

I did not have the label atheist until a believer insisted I quantify my unbelief. I dislike having to be labeled because of what I am not. I don't have to state I'm amurdererist or athiefist people assume you are not something until you tell them you are. Except with religion.

As to why I have never believed in gods... no evidence. As soon as someone has verifiable repeatable evidence that gods exist I am all to willing to consider the evidence.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post