Why evil??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Why evil??
Evil is just pretty damned hard to describe. It's far too subjective.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 11:25 AM
(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  for example .As kids . we have always been annoyed by the fly and wonder why would God ever create such an annoying creature Big Grin

As a rhetorical question, it provides its own answer.

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  But when grew up we knew that a small noisy creature such as the fly has to play an important rule in the circle of life!

Why couldn't an omnipotent god create self-sustaining life without the circle of life and all its annoyances? Consider

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  what if there was no evil?

Then it would be all good, but we wouldn't need the term "good".

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  why are there bad people?

Many reasons, one of which is because there is no god to make sure there are only good people.

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  What would make someone harm others and the world?

Mental illness, selfishness, war, jealousy,... the reasons are numerous.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
03-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Because it's fucking easy.

Morality is an artifact of chemical intelligence; from when a microorganism needed to know "go left, or go right," and left was sinister, and right was righteous, dexter ftw...

Do you remember?

Once, there was a day; the beach or the homestead with the homework; the grind where life moved forward regardless of desire, of will; where that I am was nothing, and I will be nothing but misery... do you remember when it was up to others to dictate your fate; furthermore, to define fate, and to dictate, child of fate, it is yours...

to suffer.

Because, it is easy... to say - you are evil, and I, the righteous one, to whom the kingdom of heaven bequeathed. Easy, because I must fear, or fight, or flee; how easy it is to condemn you for not being me.

(Ya know, when I write this shit, there's always generic heavy-metal background music? )

Furthermore... yeah, that's it. Manufactured dualities inherited from the limits of chemical intelligence, nothing more.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-11-2014, 03:32 PM
(02-11-2014 07:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  What do you mean by "evil"?

I don't know! It's a term everyone uses .. but it could not be existing!

Like "darkness" ts not actually existing .. its only the absence of light! Big Grin
03-11-2014, 03:33 PM
(02-11-2014 07:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Why good? Drinking Beverage

That's a good question but let's discuss that in another topic.
03-11-2014, 03:34 PM
(02-11-2014 07:56 PM)Switz5678 Wrote:  Can't tell if serious?
Why not Big Grin
03-11-2014, 03:40 PM
(02-11-2014 08:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, (lol) I never, ever thought an annoying fly was created by god. It was a bug which evolved to fly around and it just happens to be annoying, nothing more. To me evil has a more religious connotation. It's just a religious word for "bad".

People do bad things to others for thousands of reasons. Mental illness, desperation, self preservation, power struggles, lack of an education, religious beliefs, health problems, family dynamics. Countries that have widespread social programs to help people have less violence, so less "bad" people.

I think people do bad things to others because of very organic reasons, which I listed above.

That was a funny example to add joy to the topic Big Grin don't be so serious about that!

Ya I think that about evil people too.. The problem must be in themselves.

I can hate someone to death.. but I would never harm that person in anyway.. unless I have a problem in my personality!

That what most normal people do.. and when we investigate criminal minds and way of thinking we will find that many of them have mental problems.. especially those who kill !
03-11-2014, 03:41 PM
(02-11-2014 09:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  for example .As kids . we have always been annoyed by the fly

Oh....waaaaaaay tooooo easy.

Shoo fly!

It keeps coming back Laugh out load
03-11-2014, 03:53 PM
(03-11-2014 03:41 PM)Shamma Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 09:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh....waaaaaaay tooooo easy.

Shoo fly!

It keeps coming back Laugh out load

Until it finally gets swatted. Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
03-11-2014, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 04:02 PM by Shamma.)
(02-11-2014 09:50 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  Hello everyone Sleepy

I want to discuss a very interesting topic with you Smile

EVIL

I think that everything in this world had a reason!!

Why do you believe that?

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  for example .As kids . we have always been annoyed by the fly and wonder why would God ever create such an annoying creature Big Grin

But when grew up we knew that a small noisy creature such as the fly has to play an important rule in the circle of life!

That’s how I can describe evil in my opinion.. It has to be good for us somehow I think.. so think with me!!

A fly is not evil. A fly is a nuisance, but nuisance is not the same as evil. Correlation does not equal causation and I think you're making large leaps in comparing things like this.

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  and as the great previous atheist professor Jeffery Lang said, .. always assume the opposite and see how it would work!

what if there was no evil?

You tell me, what if there was no evil?

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  why are there bad people?

Various reasons. Emotional issues, sociopathy, psychopathy, chemical imbalances, greed, lust, vengeance.... emotions are pretty wild. There is a lot of interesting and complex things involved with the human psyche. Hell, even with looking at apes and how they interact with each other and how they handle things socially is pretty crazy. We tend to do a lot of the same primitive stuff when it comes to harming people and motives for doing it.

Why do you think there are bad people?

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  What would make someone harm others and the world?

See my above comment.

What do you think causes people to harm others in the world?

Lots of questions there Tongue thats a good way to control the argument.

When I took a communication course.. we were taught to always ask questions back to control the argument in any debate.. put the component in a *defense" position where he will be the one who is answering the questions.

But I'm not willing to win any debate I just want to have fun and discuss things with people who have different way of thinking.. cuz I believe in what Einstein said: "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."

So I always love to discuss things with people who are different than me!

I think if there was no evil then we will no longer need many beautiful things like mercy.. helping others.. charity.. giving.. sharing.. defending.. we will no longer need justice.. rules.. laws.. governments..

If there are no diseases we will not find the cure .. there will be no medicines and medical improvements.. we will not need doctors.. medical education..!!

If there are no theifs we will not appreciate the expensive things we have.. we will not need honesty and trust!! we will not know the word secure and safe!!

We will not learn to forgive.. since we will not need to forgive!!

You can't be good if there was no bad! how will you know what good means?! Wink