Why evil??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: Why evil??
(02-11-2014 09:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  I think that everything in this world had a reason!!

Really ? And the reason for this would be ?
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

give me one thing that has no reason Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2014, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 04:27 PM by kim.)
So... are you saying without killing, there would be no reason to not kill?

Thats odd. There is killing - I've seen it - yet, I see a lot of reason to not kill.

Your logic is questionable. (fancy word for crap). Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-11-2014, 04:16 PM
(03-11-2014 08:46 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Evil is not as useful of a term as suffering. The idea of evil being somehow good for us is simply not true, that means the universe is disposed to teach us or benefit us in some way. If a large asteroid slams into the Earth and wipes us out, what lesson would the universe be trying to teach us? Don't be on a planet when it gets hit by a large asteroid? That's just stupid, you can't impart meaning to every event.

BTW-A large asteroid has slammed into the Earth before and quite a few species went extinct because of that event and they weren't even conscious enough to derive any meaning or comprehend the event. The universe simply does not revolve around sentient species applying intent or understanding to the universe.

What makes you so sure that other species has no conscious!! Even plant feel and react toward things around them.. animals do have conscious they can feel and learn and evolve

and what makes you so sure that asteroid slamming the earth has no reason?? Is there any research or study that says that?? what is your evidence??
03-11-2014, 04:17 PM
(03-11-2014 10:48 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Why do you keep posting here??

I don't understand Big Grin Is there a rule that says I can't post here twice

Plus.. I love philosophy Sleepy
03-11-2014, 04:19 PM
(03-11-2014 11:08 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Evil is just pretty damned hard to describe. It's far too subjective.

It is! that's why I want to discuss it Big Grin see what others think about it!
03-11-2014, 04:24 PM
(03-11-2014 11:25 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  for example .As kids . we have always been annoyed by the fly and wonder why would God ever create such an annoying creature Big Grin

As a rhetorical question, it provides its own answer.

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  But when grew up we knew that a small noisy creature such as the fly has to play an important rule in the circle of life!

Why couldn't an omnipotent god create self-sustaining life without the circle of life and all its annoyances? Consider

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  what if there was no evil?

Then it would be all good, but we wouldn't need the term "good".

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  why are there bad people?

Many reasons, one of which is because there is no god to make sure there are only good people.

(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  What would make someone harm others and the world?

Mental illness, selfishness, war, jealousy,... the reasons are numerous.

May be evil is there to teach us the term "good" .. and may be god created that because with the freewill we need to learn many things to be capable of making good decisions and be good by choice! We can't have freewill if we have no choices.. and we can't choose to be good without the choice of being bad! Big Grin
03-11-2014, 04:28 PM
(02-11-2014 07:47 PM)Shamma Wrote:  why are there bad people?

What would make someone harm others and the world?
There are many reasons why people don't play nicely with others.

- Competition for resource
There are many reasons to fight for food and water, land, wealth, sex.

- Boredom, no future, self destructive
There are many reasons why people create drama to make their lives more interesting or to punish themselves. If you are poor, have a criminal record, poor job prospects etc then it must be tempting to break a few rules.

- Idealism, conditioning, etc
Just take a look at Christianity and in particular the Catholic Church. An organisation based on an ideal, a belief in a perfect, loving entity wanting humanity to achieve perfection, to be ideal. Many are driven to persecute gays, to tell them they are wrong, to stop them getting married, to stop them being in love, to stop them having physical intimacy. For this ideal they have killed, locked people up, singled them out, persecuted them, ostracised them, refuse to hire them, refuse to adopt children to them, preach hatred to their congregation...

How many wars have been fought by those touting to be fighting the good cause against the evil opposition?

- Power
there are many people simply looking to improve their own lot by gaining control and ensuring they get to live like a king.

- mental deficiency, psychological problems etc
Many people have simply had poor upbringing or have some crossed wiring and no of no other way than pain and conflict.
03-11-2014, 04:30 PM
(03-11-2014 03:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Because, it is easy... to say - you are evil, and I, the righteous one, to whom the kingdom of heaven bequeathed. Easy, because I must fear, or fight, or flee; how easy it is to condemn you for not being me.

I like that Thumbsup

It's always easy to accuse other people of being bad instead of investigating.. and searching.. trying to know why they did that ..!? know others way of thinking and try to make excuses .. and understand the differences.
03-11-2014, 04:32 PM
(03-11-2014 03:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 03:41 PM)Shamma Wrote:  It keeps coming back Laugh out load

Until it finally gets swatted. Dodgy

True Laugh out load
03-11-2014, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 04:42 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-11-2014 04:05 PM)Shamma Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 09:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Really ? And the reason for this would be ?
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

give me one thing that has no reason Big Grin

I asked you what the reason for what I showed you was. You didn't answer the question. If your assertion is true, it should be easy for you to cook one up.
You aren't trolling here by any chance are you, smilin' Jack ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.