Why evolution is being shunned in public schools.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Why evolution is being shunned in public schools.
Evolution can be described as any change in a previous generation, to the next. Yet, so many people have trouble understanding that concept.
Science is a subject in every public (and charter) school in America, and this issue has persisted too long into educations history, including its present. In such schools, there should be a mandatory mandate to teach it, right?! However, I didn't learn evolution in school. I had to go to the internet and study it on my own. All on my own. In fact, separation of church and state extends this dilemma. If gravity was against most reliogions, would it be taught? In schools, the fact of evolution should be a must.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RadThadd's post
03-09-2015, 12:50 AM
RE: Why evolution is being shunned in public schools.
I demand that Germ Theory and the (totally not religious) Intelligent Designer Theory of Evil Spirits in Our Food™ be given equal time in the classroom.

And, of course, as a Pastafarian, I demand that the Theory of Gravity and Intelligent Falling be given equal time, as well.

TEACH THE CONTROVERSY!!!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
03-09-2015, 01:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 02:12 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-09-2015 12:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  TEACH THE CONTROVERSY!!!

[Image: devil.png][Image: atlantis.png][Image: dowsing.png][Image: reptoid.png][Image: xenu.png][Image: stork.png][Image: moon.png][Image: ufo.png][Image: geocentric.png][Image: coexistence.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 14 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-09-2015, 01:37 AM
Holy shit, EK, you almost made me fall off my desk chair! Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-09-2015, 01:42 AM
Took biology in high school, never had a second thought about it until teh interwebs. Undecided

It's really such a ridiculous non-issue that all is being demonstrated by creationists is the weakness of their faith.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-09-2015, 09:22 AM
(03-09-2015 01:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 12:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  TEACH THE CONTROVERSY!!!

[Image: devil.png][Image: atlantis.png][Image: dowsing.png][Image: reptoid.png][Image: xenu.png][Image: stork.png][Image: moon.png][Image: ufo.png][Image: geocentric.png][Image: coexistence.png]

I don't get this argument. Mostly because of the reason you give but also because you gotta ask "why?". Evolution is as much a scientific fact as gravity or e=mc^2.

When you have scientific proof for creationism than we'll talk but until than how about we teach science in science class and religion in religious education class?

And besides, there is literally no controversy. The vast majority of scientists are not creationists. The only ones that are creationists are retarded bible belt dumbasses and why the fuck do they get a say?? That's like saying if I knew nothing about computers and I get to decide what is important to teach in a computer class and what isn't. It's mindbogglingly.

You don't let some computer illiterate douche decide what is taught to school children in a computer class so why do you let a science illiterate douche decide what is taught to school children in a science class?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
06-09-2015, 07:02 PM
(03-09-2015 09:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 01:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: devil.png][Image: atlantis.png][Image: dowsing.png][Image: reptoid.png][Image: xenu.png][Image: stork.png][Image: moon.png][Image: ufo.png][Image: geocentric.png][Image: coexistence.png]

I don't get this argument. Mostly because of the reason you give but also because you gotta ask "why?". Evolution is as much a scientific fact as gravity or e=mc^2.

When you have scientific proof for creationism than we'll talk but until than how about we teach science in science class and religion in religious education class?

And besides, there is literally no controversy. The vast majority of scientists are not creationists. The only ones that are creationists are retarded bible belt dumbasses and why the fuck do they get a say?? That's like saying if I knew nothing about computers and I get to decide what is important to teach in a computer class and what isn't. It's mindbogglingly.

You don't let some computer illiterate douche decide what is taught to school children in a computer class so why do you let a science illiterate douche decide what is taught to school children in a science class?
Exactly!!!
07-09-2015, 11:15 AM
(03-09-2015 09:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 01:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: devil.png][Image: atlantis.png][Image: dowsing.png][Image: reptoid.png][Image: xenu.png][Image: stork.png][Image: moon.png][Image: ufo.png][Image: geocentric.png][Image: coexistence.png]

Because to them, evolution (and really anything that doesn't fall within their mindset) isn't 'true' (and thus not 'science'), and their religious teachings deserves a special presence in schools.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
07-09-2015, 11:40 AM
No the reason is that people have voted time and again these types of people into positions of power. Then you have the other side that doesn't see the harm and don't want to be offensive.

Mind you these are many of the same people who bitched about the Taliban.

"over here we let our women drive so they can go to the store and get our sammach fixins."

If I hear one more about how all girls and women should dress modestly because it invites temptation to men...this isn't from the middle east, it's from our Christian right...

If we question it in any way we're the ones who have a problem with their religious freedom.

A person on Facebook posted a meme about that woman who was arrested for not issuing marriage licenses, beside a photo of Hiliary Clinton that asked why is this woman in jail when this woman isn't?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-09-2015, 01:48 PM
It's really simple to understand why people doubt the idea of evolution.

It's about scale.

Evolution doesn't happen overnight. It happens over such a long period of time as to be incomprehensible to people who want neat, quick answers such as "god did it".

I suspect the television has something to do with it. The simple minded folk who deny evolution have come to believe that all problems are solvable in under an hour -- counting commercials....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.