Why evolution is being shunned in public schools.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: Why evolution is being shunned in public schools.
(07-09-2015 01:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's really simple to understand why people doubt the idea of evolution.

It's about scale.

Evolution doesn't happen overnight. It happens over such a long period of time as to be incomprehensible to people who want neat, quick answers such as "god did it".

I suspect the television has something to do with it. The simple minded folk who deny evolution have come to believe that all problems are solvable in under an hour -- counting commercials....

Had evolution been the cusp of everyone's grasp coming out of the depression era times and immediate post war days of the late 40's I'd bite that hypothesis. but people have always been this dense.

That's why the Catholics decided to drop the whole graven images because give all the people the images and they'll feel they have the answer.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2015, 02:16 PM
(07-09-2015 02:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 01:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's really simple to understand why people doubt the idea of evolution.

It's about scale.

Evolution doesn't happen overnight. It happens over such a long period of time as to be incomprehensible to people who want neat, quick answers such as "god did it".

I suspect the television has something to do with it. The simple minded folk who deny evolution have come to believe that all problems are solvable in under an hour -- counting commercials....

Had evolution been the cusp of everyone's grasp coming out of the depression era times and immediate post war days of the late 40's I'd bite that hypothesis. but people have always been this dense.

That's why the Catholics decided to drop the whole graven images because give all the people the images and they'll feel they have the answer.

The tv bit was tongue in cheek actually.....

I'll go along -- most (not all) people are about as dense as plutonium and as bright as a black hole......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-09-2015, 08:19 AM
(03-09-2015 12:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I demand that Germ Theory and the (totally not religious) Intelligent Designer Theory of Evil Spirits in Our Food™ be given equal time in the classroom.

And, of course, as a Pastafarian, I demand that the Theory of Gravity and Intelligent Falling be given equal time, as well.

TEACH THE CONTROVERSY!!!
If that was satire, it was horrible, but I'm with evolution.
Evolution of DisgustPopcorn
23-09-2015, 08:23 AM

It's about scale.

true, but if a person's Scientologist religion said: "gravity is false", then they can't teach gravity then?