Why get a tattoo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Why get a tattoo?
(27-05-2015 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 05:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I think we need evidence of that.
Drinking Beverage

There are pics on here somewhere...hard to photo all the way around my leg...let me see what I can find. Pablo can find pics on Facebook.

[img][Image: beach_zps9e7f140e.jpg][/img]
Looks a lot like Cape Hatteras lighthouse.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2015, 09:02 PM
(27-05-2015 08:59 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There are pics on here somewhere...hard to photo all the way around my leg...let me see what I can find. Pablo can find pics on Facebook.

[img][Image: beach_zps9e7f140e.jpg][/img]
Looks a lot like Cape Hatteras lighthouse.

That it is. I was born in Buxton.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Tattoos have been around for thousands of years. I don't think they can go "out of style". A specific kind of tattoo may go out of style, but still, it's like saying that someday clothing or jewelry will go out of style (although yes, I do realize that these are not permanent).

I don't know about you, but I thought these tattoos on a 2500 year old mummy were pretty cool. Try and tell the mummy they're out of style now Tongue

Tattoos don't always have to do with fashion. Many of them are usually covered by clothes. If you don't care about your tattoo being seen, how can it be about fashion anyway?

Why get a tattoo? Because I want one. I like tattoos. I've liked them for as long as I can remember. I'm planning to get one and I've wanted one for years. Do I need any more reasons?
I don't want one that's not permanent, because, well, it won't be permanent. I don't feel like getting it redone every month for years. Can you imagine the price of that?

As for tattoo removal prices, sorry to disappoint you, but with such high demand in the next few years, they are bound to go lower.

EDIT
They also don't need to cover a beautiful body, but compliment it by following its natural lines and curves. At least that's what I think.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 5 users Like undergroundp's post
28-05-2015, 10:48 PM
One time I got a $13 tattoo under my arm pit for Friday the 13th (something local tattoo shops around here do) because I woke up and I was like wow let's make some spontaneous ass irresponsible decisions today. So I got a shark and named him Sponny because he was a spontaneous decision.

I also have a badass rose on my arm that I am in love with because it reminds me every day of my favorite band and something that helped me through my adolescence and wow. I cried when that shit was done because I was so god damn happy and wow I love it and everything about it.

Basically, for some people, tattoos are awesome because they can represent something you love, or just represent something rad about your personality. Overall, each tattoo, cool or shitty, is a cool memory that is significant and specific to only you.

Never get a tattoo under your arm pit though, mother fucker will hurt.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
29-05-2015, 12:52 AM
Wish I'd named my first tat Sponny.......and better still named the second U Idiot!

Girl serving at my local cafe got some gold decorative stuff on her arms.Consider
Thought it was some sort of scarification on a quick perusal.Huh
Didn't see her for some time and thought she might have been sacked Ohmy
As it turned out they were temporary......Thumbsup
29-05-2015, 12:00 PM
I've never seen the attraction in tats. If someone has a small tat, no problem. But if they're heavily covered...nah. But to each his own.

One thing that mystifies me is that people can't really see their own tats. Tat on the back...you need a mirror and even then you don't see what other people see. Tat on your chest/belly...again, you don't see what other people see without a mirror.

And, I have to say, I don't find tats interesting as works of art. Chas posted a couple that were pretty impressive. The zipper within the zipper and the 3D tat were pretty neat. But the vast majority I just find a little 'meh'.

But it's your choice.
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post
29-05-2015, 12:08 PM
(29-05-2015 12:00 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  I've never seen the attraction in tats. If someone has a small tat, no problem. But if they're heavily covered...nah. But to each his own.

One thing that mystifies me is that people can't really see their own tats. Tat on the back...you need a mirror and even then you don't see what other people see. Tat on your chest/belly...again, you don't see what other people see without a mirror.

And, I have to say, I don't find tats interesting as works of art. Chas posted a couple that were pretty impressive. The zipper within the zipper and the 3D tat were pretty neat. But the vast majority I just find a little 'meh'.

But it's your choice.

I am thinking of getting a tattoo on my back for a few reasons: it's easy to cover up, the back is kind of like an open canvas, the tattoo itself has special meaning to me and even if i can't see it without looking in the mirror--I still know it's there, i think back tattoos look kinda sexy.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
29-05-2015, 12:18 PM
(29-05-2015 12:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I am thinking of getting a tattoo on my back for a few reasons: it's easy to cover up, the back is kind of like an open canvas, the tattoo itself has special meaning to me and even if i can't see it without looking in the mirror--I still know it's there, i think back tattoos look kinda sexy.

You want to get a tattoo on your back because it's easy to cover up? OK.

It's one of those issues where people have to agree to disagree. That's life.

Now onto important stuff...do you like strawberry flavoured milk????

And do you say tom-ay-to or tom-ah-to????
29-05-2015, 12:21 PM
(29-05-2015 12:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 12:00 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  I've never seen the attraction in tats. If someone has a small tat, no problem. But if they're heavily covered...nah. But to each his own.

But it's your choice.

I am thinking of getting a tattoo on my back for a few reasons: it's easy to cover up, the back is kind of like an open canvas, the tattoo itself has special meaning to me and even if i can't see it without looking in the mirror--I still know it's there, i think back tattoos look kinda sexy.

Something like this could be quite cool:

[Image: b94461ac2198cfee28186982b2ec8c55.jpg]

[Image: Archangel-Michael-Slaying-Demon-Within-Tattoo.jpg]

[Image: 20131115-211552.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
29-05-2015, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 12:34 PM by jockmcdock.)
(29-05-2015 12:21 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Something like this could be quite cool:

[Image: 20131115-211552.jpg]

I have to admit this is rather impressive. It's nice work. The other two..yah..ok.

But most tattoos...nah.

Don't know if i have a problem with my post. It's supposed to include the third image in Szuchow's post.