Why get a tattoo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: Why get a tattoo?
(29-05-2015 01:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 01:10 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  The tattoo? If so then why don't do it? I think it would be look nice Tongue

It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted. I am also scared of needles Sad But I need to overcome fear and just do it!

Getting a tattoo isn't like being stuck with a medical needle. That said, it's not pleasant but usually not unbearable so long as the tattooist isn't heavy handed. It's really mind over matter.

Placement is also an issue. There are parts of the body that take it much better than others. Passes over bone with little tissue covering it can shake your fillings. Up the shin bone is a prime example. Tattoos around the ankle are interesting because you get the shin bone thing and then some jolts when the Achilles tendon is passed over. That'll wake you up.

The amount of time you sit is also an issue. On a large piece the area gets irritated and bruised so how the artist plans to do that is an important, you don't want to damage the skin too much all at once. A lot of big color pieces are done with the outlining first, then a period of healing, then the color added later.

My son is completely phobic when it comes to needles but has both upper arms tattooed.

Talk to the potential artist. Look at their portfolio. Make sure the place is clean. Talk to them to make sure you are on the same page as far as what you want and what their specialty is. A good artist will tell you if your choice of placement is not optimal. And DO NOT look for a bargain. Follow after care instructions!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Or -- be a rebel.....

Don't get one...

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-05-2015, 02:11 PM
(29-05-2015 02:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Or -- be a rebel.....

Don't get one...

heh

Too late.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-05-2015, 02:12 PM
(29-05-2015 02:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 01:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted. I am also scared of needles Sad But I need to overcome fear and just do it!

Getting a tattoo isn't like being stuck with a medical needle. That said, it's not pleasant but usually not unbearable so long as the tattooist isn't heavy handed. It's really mind over matter.

Placement is also an issue. There are parts of the body that take it much better than others. Passes over bone with little tissue covering it can shake your fillings. Up the shin bone is a prime example. Tattoos around the ankle are interesting because you get the shin bone thing and then some jolts when the Achilles tendon is passed over. That'll wake you up.

The amount of time you sit is also an issue. On a large piece the area gets irritated and bruised so how the artist plans to do that is an important, you don't want to damage the skin too much all at once. A lot of big color pieces are done with the outlining first, then a period of healing, then the color added later.

My son is completely phobic when it comes to needles but has both upper arms tattooed.

Talk to the potential artist. Look at their portfolio. Make sure the place is clean. Talk to them to make sure you are on the same page as far as what you want and what their specialty is. A good artist will tell you if your choice of placement is not optimal. And DO NOT look for a bargain. Follow after care instructions!

Thanks for advice Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
29-05-2015, 02:21 PM
I would never EVER get a tattoo, ever. I don't like them. I don't have any piercings either.

Well. I take that back. There is one tattoo I'd -consider- getting.
29-05-2015, 02:21 PM
(29-05-2015 01:01 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like strawberries--not so much the milk Tongue

I say tomayto Thumbsup

Hope I passed Consider

I'm an Aussie (I now live in Holland). When i was in my 20s and 30s, I travelled on my motorbike. I sent my mother postcards from various towns in Australia giving her a rating of the local strawberry milk. I really did. I'd say things like "[Brand name] milk is too sweet and doesn't have a great strawberry taste. 4 out of 10". That would be the entire card apart from "Love" and two kisses.

She told me I never answered questions. So, I sent her a postcard from somewhere in Australia. It read "You say i never answer questions. Well now I'm going to. 1) No 2) Yes 3) My brother did it 4) I don't think archaeologists agree on this 5) But they are different sorts of snakes 6)..." Filled up the whole postcard.

She wasn't well pleased.

Oscar Wilde said that the US and England were "two nations divided by a common language". We can live with tom-ay-to and tom-ah-to.
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post
29-05-2015, 02:24 PM
(29-05-2015 02:21 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I would never EVER get a tattoo, ever. I don't like them. I don't have any piercings either.

OK, you've got our interest.

Or am I missing something.
29-05-2015, 02:25 PM
(29-05-2015 02:24 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:21 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I would never EVER get a tattoo, ever. I don't like them. I don't have any piercings either.

OK, you've got our interest.

I guess I should have put it.

When baby hobbit starts writing her name, I'd consider taking that and making it a tattoo.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-05-2015, 02:27 PM
(29-05-2015 02:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:24 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  OK, you've got our interest.

I guess I should have put it.

When baby hobbit starts writing her name, I'd consider taking that and making it a tattoo.

I think that's a cool idea Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-05-2015, 02:28 PM
My younger daughter has her daughter's name on the inside of one wrist and her son's name on the inside of the other. I assume she is done having kids since she is now out of wrists to put names on. Tongue