Why get a tattoo?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 02:32 PM
RE: Why get a tattoo?
(29-05-2015 02:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:24 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  OK, you've got our interest.

Or am I missing something.

I guess I should have put it.

When baby hobbit starts writing her name, I'd consider taking that and making it a tattoo.

That's one tattoo I can relate to. Just get a really good artist.

Confession: I'm a daddy and now a granddaddy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2015, 02:34 PM
(29-05-2015 02:32 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:25 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I guess I should have put it.

When baby hobbit starts writing her name, I'd consider taking that and making it a tattoo.

That's one tattoo I can relate to. Just get a really good artist.

Oh don't worry. If ever EVER decided to get a tattoo, and I mean its really unlikely, I'd find the best person I could.

Dawh grandaddy!
29-05-2015, 02:37 PM
[Image: 51W6GlUdg7L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

I gave one of these books to each of my daughters when they were pregnant with their first. Pretty funny book, a great twist on the traditional baby book.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-05-2015, 02:41 PM
(29-05-2015 02:34 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 02:32 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  That's one tattoo I can relate to. Just get a really good artist.

Oh don't worry. If ever EVER decided to get a tattoo, and I mean its really unlikely, I'd find the best person I could.

Dawh grandaddy!

We old farts worry about you youngsters. Just because we're not up to date with the latest iPhone....
29-05-2015, 05:36 PM
(29-05-2015 02:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Or -- be a rebel.....

Don't get one...

heh

Or, like, do whatever the fuck you want without caring about whether you are the real rebel or not.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
31-05-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm told that tattoos preclude me from getting a proper Jewish burial. See no reason to limit my options.

#sigh
31-05-2015, 12:27 PM
(31-05-2015 10:39 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm told that tattoos preclude me from getting a proper Jewish burial. See no reason to limit my options.

While that wouldn't be a concern to me - it does point something out ----

A tattoo rarely opens doors for you -- only closes them.

There's lots of people who would never hire, date or marry someone with a tattoo.

Sorry if that upsets you -- but it's simply a fact.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-05-2015, 12:36 PM
(31-05-2015 12:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 10:39 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm told that tattoos preclude me from getting a proper Jewish burial. See no reason to limit my options.

There's lots of people who would never hire, date or marry someone with a tattoo.

I hear what you are saying--but there are also people who won't marry, date, hire atheists either. I also have met people who have issues with the fact that I am vegan. I just feel at some point you have to live your life for you. I try to be a nice person, I have a good job, I help others, I am college educated, I love to laugh and have fun etc. If tattoos/atheism/veganism stops people from wanting anything to do with me --then honestly, I'd rather be alone.

Additionally, there are jobs where you can have tattoos--especially here in CA. The tattoo I am getting I can either cover or display if I want to. I say we only get one life--do what makes you happy.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
31-05-2015, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 01:17 PM by GirlyMan.)

Why would that upset me? My wife and daughter got tattoos in places I would never even think of (we got a tattoo thread around here somewhere). I told them they can never get a proper Jewish burial and they just started laughing at me. "We're not Jewish fatboy." "But what if we wanted to be?"

#sigh
31-05-2015, 01:42 PM

I have one tattoo that is an issue to cover...the breast cancer ribbon on my forearm. So far, I haven't run into anyone who has an issue with it. And if they did - fuck 'em. My scars are a hell of a lot uglier than any tattoo and those stay hidden...even from myself if I can manage it.

One tattoo is hidden unless I am in a swimming suit or naked.

All others are covered with pants.

Don't want a tattoo - don't get one. I don't judge people who don't have tattoos and those who don't have or want tattoos needn't judge me based on ink. If they do, they don't need to be in my life.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post