Why have my parents not taken steps to sue this hospital?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 08:58 PM by Mittens Deluxe.)
Why have my parents not taken steps to sue this hospital?
So, about 1 or 2 years ago I was extremely depressed. I was fighting with my parents on a daily basis. My younger brother was cutting me off, wanting nothing to do with me. My parents would get pissed off at me for basically leaving dishes out and coming home from work getting pissed off at me, treating me like a leech on the whole house. I was punching holes in the wall a lot.

So one day, I punched a big hole in the wall, and my dad decided to call the police on me. So they came and took me to a hospital for a week, where they shoved needles into my vein so much to draw blood, they basically left my arm feeling damaged for the next month. They injected me with a drug in the ass cheek through a needle, they told me if I didn't take that they would basically hold me down and force me to take it. This is also giving me the drug lithium, a known drug for bi polar disorder. They diagnosed me with bi polar, which is a diagnosis which was recanted by the top bi polar expert in the state. I was put through mental abuse and torture, I punched myself in the face when they told me I wasn't allowed to leave or something, so they put me on sedative drugs and locked me inside of an empty room for an hour.

I wrote long stories about my entire trips in the hospital on facebook, where I had all my relatives and only a couple people reached out to me, a everyone else simply ignored me. I forget exactly how long ago this was, I have heard no reconciliation from my parents except to say that it was a mistake to send me there. When I bring up suing the hospital, they never give me any reasoning why they won't, they just say "just let it go".

How can I let something go that's been giving me practical post traumatic stress disorder? After I got out the hospital for the first time, a week later, I went into the hospital again because I was so stressed, I thought I had a brain tumor. They gave me a cat scan and before that I told them that I do not want to go to a psychiatric hospital, except they pink slipped me which I guess means sent me there without my consent. That's when they put the shot in my ass and basically made me feel like screaming at the top of my lungs for the following month, which often times I would. I also couldn't sit still and would go on walks every morning, because the medication they put me on lasts a whole month.

There was no followups, no concern from the hospital. Just a bill, which my parents were very persuasive about me signing. So, if you want to know what it's like to live in a dystopian society, look no further than our psychiatric system.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 08:50 PM
RE: Why have my parents not taken steps to sue this hospital?
(12-05-2016 08:45 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  So, about 3 years ago I was extremely depressed. I was fighting with my parents on a daily basis. My younger brother was cutting me off, wanting nothing to do with me. My parents would get pissed off at me for basically leaving dishes out and coming home from work getting pissed off at me, treating me like a leech on the whole house. I was punching holes in the wall a lot.

So one day, I punched a big hole in the wall, and my dad decided to call the police on me. So they came and took me to a hospital for a week, where they shoved needles into my vein so much to draw blood, they basically left my arm feeling damaged for the next month. They injected me with a drug in the ass cheek through a needle, they told me if I didn't take that they would basically hold me down and force me to take it. This is also giving me the drug lithium, a known drug for bi polar disorder. They diagnosed me with bi polar, which is a diagnosis which was recanted by the top bi polar expert in the state. I was put through mental abuse and torture, I punched myself in the face when they told me I wasn't allowed to leave or something, so they put me on sedative drugs and locked me inside of an empty room for an hour.

I wrote long stories about my entire trips in the hospital on facebook, where I had all my relatives and only a couple people reached out to me, a couple people simply ignored me. This was 3 years ago, I have heard no reconciliation from my parents except to say that it was a mistake to send me there. When I bring up suing the hospital, they never give me any reasoning why they won't, they just say "just let it go".

How can I let something go that's been giving me practical post traumatic stress disorder? After I got out the hospital for the first time, a week later, I went into the hospital again because I was so stressed, I thought I had a brain tumor. They gave me a cat scan and before that I told them that I do not want to go to a psychiatric hospital, except they pink slipped me which I guess means sent me there without my consent. That's when they put the shot in my ass and basically made me feel like screaming at the top of my lungs for the following month, which often times I would. I also couldn't sit still and would go on walks every morning, because the medication they put me on lasts a whole month.

There was no followups, no concern from the hospital. Just a bill, which my parents were very persuasive about me signing. So, if you want to know what it's like to live in a dystopian society, look no further than our psychiatric system.

Are you an adult or still a minor? Sue them yourself. Gotta be a lawyer who will listen to your story and make it happen.
12-05-2016, 08:51 PM
(12-05-2016 08:50 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:45 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  So, about 3 years ago I was extremely depressed. I was fighting with my parents on a daily basis. My younger brother was cutting me off, wanting nothing to do with me. My parents would get pissed off at me for basically leaving dishes out and coming home from work getting pissed off at me, treating me like a leech on the whole house. I was punching holes in the wall a lot.

I wrote long stories about my entire trips in the hospital on facebook, where I had all my relatives and only a couple people reached out to me, a couple people simply ignored me. This was 3 years ago, I have heard no reconciliation from my parents except to say that it was a mistake to send me there. When I bring up suing the hospital, they never give me any reasoning why they won't, they just say "just let it go".

Are you an adult or still a minor? Sue them yourself. Gotta be a lawyer who will listen to your story and make it happen.
I'm 22. Also, I wasn't sure whether this happened 1 or 2 years ago, but I do think that it was less than 3. Sorry for the change in the story, but yeah. Idk how to get a lawyer, but I really want this to happen. I just don't know how I could possibly make a case against them, I also don't know if this is beyond the statute of limitations.
12-05-2016, 08:54 PM
(12-05-2016 08:45 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  So, about 1 or 2 years ago I was extremely depressed. I was fighting with my parents on a daily basis. My younger brother was cutting me off, wanting nothing to do with me. My parents would get pissed off at me for basically leaving dishes out and coming home from work getting pissed off at me, treating me like a leech on the whole house. I was punching holes in the wall a lot.

Most states limit the time to two to three years. It may be too late. You have to actually have a "breach" of the standard of care. What exactly was the standard, and what was the breach they committed ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-05-2016, 08:55 PM
(12-05-2016 08:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:45 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  So, about 1 or 2 years ago I was extremely depressed. I was fighting with my parents on a daily basis. My younger brother was cutting me off, wanting nothing to do with me. My parents would get pissed off at me for basically leaving dishes out and coming home from work getting pissed off at me, treating me like a leech on the whole house. I was punching holes in the wall a lot.

Most states limit the time to two to three years. It may be too late. You have to actually have a "breach" of the standard of care. What exactly was the standard, and what was the breach they committed ?
They probably didn't do anything against the standard of care, I have no fucking idea. It's really bugged me for so long now.
12-05-2016, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 09:07 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-05-2016 08:55 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Most states limit the time to two to three years. It may be too late. You have to actually have a "breach" of the standard of care. What exactly was the standard, and what was the breach they committed ?
They probably didn't do anything against the standard of care, I have no fucking idea. It's really bugged me for so long now.

Then you should request a meeting with the Director of Quality Assurance. Just tell them you would like to talk about how you were treated, for your own information and peace of mind. Then ask them why you were treated the way you were, and if that was normal for someone in your situation ?

Or ...... Ask for copies of your records, and send them to a malpractice lawyer who works on medical malpractice on contingency, ( no money up front). They will have a nurse who knows this sort of care look at it to see if you have a case and call to talk to you about it. at least you'll know a professional will have had a second look, and you'll know why ... one way or the other.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-05-2016, 09:13 PM
(12-05-2016 09:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:55 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  They probably didn't do anything against the standard of care, I have no fucking idea. It's really bugged me for so long now.

Then you should request a meeting with the Director of Quality Assurance. Just tell them you would like to talk about how you were treated, for your own information and peace of mind. Then ask them why you were treated the way you were, and if that was normal for someone in your situation ?

Or ...... Ask for copies of your records, and send them to a malpractice lawyer who works on medical malpractice on contingency, ( no money up front). They will have a nurse who knows this sort of care look at it to see if you have a case and call to talk to you about it. at least you'll know a professional will have had a second look, and you'll know why ... one way or the other.
that sounds like a good idea, money is the biggest concern I have. I literally can't afford anything. I don't have any money except for what my parents give me for food.
13-05-2016, 02:07 PM
(12-05-2016 08:51 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:50 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Are you an adult or still a minor? Sue them yourself. Gotta be a lawyer who will listen to your story and make it happen.
I'm 22. Also, I wasn't sure whether this happened 1 or 2 years ago, but I do think that it was less than 3. Sorry for the change in the story, but yeah. Idk how to get a lawyer, but I really want this to happen. I just don't know how I could possibly make a case against them, I also don't know if this is beyond the statute of limitations.

I would say grab your local yyellow pages. Most lawyers will charge nothing for a first consult where you can tell your story and they decide if there is a case and if they wish to take it or not. Then they will explain that they charge one third of all money's collected or maybe 40%. If they ask for more than that it is because they don't really believe you have a case and it is a bigger risk that they will not win. But the first consult should be free, so take that step.
Good luck, and forgive me if i was sarcastic previously.
13-05-2016, 02:29 PM
You are not alone here with your manic depression. Been struggling with it for decades. Right now you sound manic.

#sigh
13-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Why don't you just sue the hospital yourself? What do your parents have to do with this?