Why hell doesn't work as punishment?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2014, 06:42 AM
RE: Why hell doesn't work as punishment?
(30-05-2014 07:13 PM)laijorad Wrote:  The keepers of hell are 19 angels (use your imagination ) . What 3.5 billion people ? Say 30.5 billion strapped in chains and chased by furious angels to hell. Like lambs led to slaughter. All they can do is scream oh dear God forgive us , oh dear God have mercy....And all they feel inside is desecration , Guilt , Agony , Fear and lost. (Dark is the sky , Pain is the land)

Praise be to Almighty God, most merciful and just.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2014, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2014 05:16 AM by Ace.)
(29-05-2014 01:34 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 01:30 PM)sanmayl Wrote:  If there is a way to enter, surely there is a way to get out. Because through logical deduction, if the former is valid the latter should also be valid. An entrace can be used as exit, and exit can also be used as the entrance.
Well I, of course, don't believe any of it, but if you're planning to use this to argue with theists, you know they're going to claim magic stops all that. Also, some say hell is simply a separation from god which itself causes torment. So, to that, would you say you could find your way back to god's presence without being blocked or without being cast away again? Consider

so fire/torment is metaphical for "please don't leave me, I don't wanna be alone"

if thats the case then an atheist won't have any trouble, a person who lacks any belief in the existence of a god certainly won't be bothered by not being around him/her/ or whetever, so hell will be like this world wwith the difference being that fundamental theists are a minority ;D
29-06-2014, 05:00 AM
(29-05-2014 12:22 PM)sanmayl Wrote:  We all know that fundamentalists use hell as an instrument of fear to keep people from leaving religion. This is my rebuttal, let's assume they are correct and hell really exists. Even that will not work as punishment system, why? Because how may people will go there? Let's say half of human population that is 3.5 billion people. Do you really think those 3.5 billion will just accept that and will not rebel against whoever manages hell? People are good in organizing ourselves against any common enemy - we all hate oppressive regime in thereal world. Heck, a 3.5 billion rebels in hell will topple whoever rules there.

What do you think?
Eh, your whole premise is flawed...
You have to take into account, that Hell is supernatural, and Satan and company are supernatural as well. It would be easy for them to do whatever they wanted, the numbers of people in hell don't matter.

They would win because they can.

The good news is that Hell, and its tenants, don't exist!
30-06-2014, 10:22 AM
(29-06-2014 04:30 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 01:34 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Well I, of course, don't believe any of it, but if you're planning to use this to argue with theists, you know they're going to claim magic stops all that. Also, some say hell is simply a separation from god which itself causes torment. So, to that, would you say you could find your way back to god's presence without being blocked or without being cast away again? Consider

so fire/torment is metaphical for "please don't leave me, I don't wanna be alone"

if thats the case then an atheist won't have any trouble, a person who lacks any belief in the existence of a god certainly won't be bothered by not being around him/her/ or whetever, so hell will be like this world wwith the difference being that fundamental theists are a minority ;D
Not quite.

From the theist point of view, God is with you now and that includes atheists. He will be with you until your final judgment. For those who believe the separation from God is what hell is, when you are separated from him, it's like losing something vital that your body really needs, and it therefore causes the anguish. So, it wouldn't be the same as it is now in this world.

Of course, from an atheist point of view, this is all senseless. We will simply cease to exist.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.