Why, hello there.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2010, 09:09 PM

Why, hello there.
First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. I am Stanly, a teenager with plenty of thoughts in mind.

Now, to get to the good part... I simply became an Atheist, because I was Christian before. It all started with the death of my grandfather.

I sat in my room, praying for him to be okay... But it was not so. After the funeral and days of crying, I don't remember how I thought of it, but I just came to the conclusion that there was essentially no deity or divine being present in our world.

Now, when I came to this conclusion, I started diving deeper into this subject, but I really got into learning more about it just recently. I've been to youth group meetings, talked to a pastor, everything, and to me it just seems ludicrous.

People think I'm an unmoral bastard because of this... I was also told that just because I try to live a good life doesn't mean anything, I'm still going to this "Hell." Well, I find it a good thing that I don't believe in that, and it's a good thing that I have morals, at least I think.

So that's me, basically.
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2010, 09:12 PM
RE: Why, hello there.
Welcome. Hopefully communicating with people who actually think will be a refreshing change. Good to know that theres teenagers who understand morality is living a good life to be good, not to please a god.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2010, 09:19 PM

(05-06-2010 09:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Welcome. Hopefully communicating with people who actually think will be a refreshing change. Good to know that theres teenagers who understand morality is living a good life to be good, not to please a god.

Yes, hopefully. Thankfully, my brother is also an Atheist so he doesn't care, although my family thinks I'm now easily influenced by him... Screw them, I say. All they do is argue, really.
05-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I came to atheism the opposite way, born and raised. I'm glad to see you take an interest in this stuff. And I don't put much stock into threats of eternal damnation. I think I can take on the invisible sky daddy. Just so long as people trust their god to smite me, and don't take it into their own hands. And by the way, don't feel left out because of your age, most of us are young(Link to evidence).

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
05-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah, most of us are fairly young as well. Welcome to TTAF, Stanly!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
06-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Welcome.

It's quite refreshing to see fellow atheist teens on this site. Every time I see more teenagers on this site I realize how our future isn't as damned as I used to think it was.
08-06-2010, 12:27 AM

I have subscribed this thread for further referance.
Regards
10-06-2010, 05:46 AM

hi stanly!!!
10-06-2010, 07:07 AM

I'm old, but welcome anyway. It is nice to see young people here (even if it makes me feel even older).
10-06-2010, 07:32 AM

I second that motion!

It's quite reassuring to see so many young people go down the path of rationality and reason. Maybe this world has some hope afterall! Smile