Why is Adrian Peterson not in jail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: Why is Adrian Peterson not in jail
(17-09-2014 08:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 08:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wow. Really?! So, finally some poor woman gets punched in the face and knocked out cold, and it's caught on tape...so now they care?

Bullshit!

They're just trying to protect their phony balony jobs.

This is the first time anyone has cared.

That's just fucking wrong.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2014, 08:41 PM
(17-09-2014 08:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 08:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is the first time anyone has cared.

That's just fucking wrong.

Yes it is. But better now than never. They are finally doing something about it. With any luck this issue will not just be swept under the rug again. The new policy is 6 games for a 1st time offender Lifetime ban for a repeat.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/28/60...nce-policy

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-09-2014, 08:57 PM
(17-09-2014 08:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 08:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's just fucking wrong.

Yes it is. But better now than never. They are finally doing something about it. With any luck this issue will not just be swept under the rug again. The new policy is 6 games for a 1st time offender Lifetime ban for a repeat.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/28/60...nce-policy

True, I just wonder how many will ever be charged a second time, or if they'll just be more clever about it?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Just watched Jon Stewart have a field day with this. He made some interesting points.
18-09-2014, 01:35 PM
(17-09-2014 09:13 PM)pablo Wrote:  Just watched Jon Stewart have a field day with this. He made some interesting points.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jon-s...son-091814

Embedded video in article.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-09-2014, 02:43 PM
It appears that two separate issues are being mixed here.

There are criminal acts for which these guys should likely be charged and tried.

Then there is the business of the NFL and the player contracts.
The NFL is not legally required to ban a felon from the league nor the team to release the player, it is their choice.

They have chosen unwisely in the past (e.g. Michael Vick) - why is it any surprise they would so so now?
Only the adverse publicity and public outcry has motivated them to do anything.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-10-2014, 08:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/116706...-admission Laughat

Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-10-2014, 08:55 PM
(18-09-2014 02:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  It appears that two separate issues are being mixed here.

There are criminal acts for which these guys should likely be charged and tried.

The NFL is not legally required to ban a felon from the league nor the team to release the player, it is their choice.

They have chosen unwisely in the past (e.g. Michael Vick) - why is it any surprise they would so so now?

I agree. There needs to be legal punishment, but I'm not sure how I feel about the banning from the nfl. Tried to start a thread about the notion of public shaming in this form, but I don't think I did a very good job, thread didn't go anywhere Undecided

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-10-2014, 06:09 PM
(09-10-2014 08:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(18-09-2014 02:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  It appears that two separate issues are being mixed here.

I agree. There needs to be legal punishment, but I'm not sure how I feel about the banning from the nfl. Tried to start a thread about the notion of public shaming in this form, but I don't think I did a very good job, thread didn't go anywhere Undecided

Wow. More poop about him.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/10/6/69...arity-scam

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-10-2014, 07:17 PM
(10-10-2014 06:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 08:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I agree. There needs to be legal punishment, but I'm not sure how I feel about the banning from the nfl. Tried to start a thread about the notion of public shaming in this form, but I don't think I did a very good job, thread didn't go anywhere Undecided

Wow. More poop about him.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/10/6/69...arity-scam

Real gem, this guy Dodgy

Side rant... Article says he passed a polygraph test..... Facepalm seriously??? Why are police departments still using those? Not to mention interrogation techniques that couldn't be better designed to get innocent people to give false admissions of guilt if they tried. Our justice system is so fucked No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta