Why is Adrian Peterson not in jail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Why is Adrian Peterson not in jail
(10-10-2014 07:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 06:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow. More poop about him.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/10/6/69...arity-scam

Real gem, this guy Dodgy

Side rant... Article says he passed a polygraph test..... Facepalm seriously??? Why are police departments still using those? Not to mention interrogation techniques that couldn't be better designed to get innocent people to give false admissions of guilt if they tried. Our justice system is so fucked No

They are not admissible in court in most states.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 07:25 PM
(10-10-2014 07:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Real gem, this guy Dodgy

Side rant... Article says he passed a polygraph test..... Facepalm seriously??? Why are police departments still using those? Not to mention interrogation techniques that couldn't be better designed to get innocent people to give false admissions of guilt if they tried. Our justice system is so fucked No

They are not admissible in court in most states.

Yes, and that's fantastic, but it still irks me that they use them during the course of an investigation as if they are actually giving them useful information to help determine how to proceed with investigations. Might as well be using divining rods.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-10-2014, 07:26 PM
(10-10-2014 07:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  They are not admissible in court in most states.

Yes, and that's fantastic, but it still irks me that they use them during the course of an investigation as if they are actually giving them useful information to help determine how to proceed with investigations. Might as well be using divining rods.

So places use psychics as well.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-10-2014, 07:27 PM
(10-10-2014 07:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yes, and that's fantastic, but it still irks me that they use them during the course of an investigation as if they are actually giving them useful information to help determine how to proceed with investigations. Might as well be using divining rods.

So places use psychics as well.

Weeping I know Weeping

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-10-2014, 07:28 PM
I figure people are scared to tread on the touchy subject of interfering with the parent's right to discipline as they see fit, but come on! That kid had bruises from the top of his ass all the way down to the back of his ankles, and (if I remember right) on his face. Angry

At the very least we (should?) could tie AP up like Malcom Mcdowell from Clockwork Orange, and make him watch the whipping of Kunta Kinte from Roots like, "yeah! You're that guy, asshole! Yes; THAT guy!" Dodgy

10-10-2014, 07:29 PM
(10-10-2014 07:27 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So places use psychics as well.

Weeping I know Weeping

I worry more about what they can use in court. Using a polygraph now is a good way to end up with a lawsuit on your hands. Too many false positives and easy ways to cheat it.

10-10-2014, 07:32 PM
(10-10-2014 07:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I figure people are scared to tread on the touchy subject of interfering with the parent's right to discipline as they see fit, but come on! That kid had bruises from the top of his ass all the way down to the back of his ankles, and (if I remember right) on his face. Angry

At the very least we (should?) could tie AP up like Malcom Mcdowell from Clockwork Orange, and make him watch the whipping of Kunta Kinte from Roots like, "yeah! You're that guy, asshole! Yes; THAT guy!" Dodgy

Yeah the day after the news broke, I was talking about it with my mom. She immediately went to the "oh, come on.. He used a switch, lots of parents do that" I just about lost it. She hadn't seen the pictures. When I described it to her, she changed her mind. I also made sure to point out that just because a lot of people do something, doesn't make it right.

10-10-2014, 07:49 PM
(10-10-2014 07:32 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I figure people are scared to tread on the touchy subject of interfering with the parent's right to discipline as they see fit, but come on! That kid had bruises from the top of his ass all the way down to the back of his ankles, and (if I remember right) on his face. Angry

Yeah the day after the news broke, I was talking about it with my mom. She immediately went to the "oh, come on.. He used a switch, lots of parents do that" I just about lost it. She hadn't seen the pictures. When I described it to her, she changed her mind. I also made sure to point out that just because a lot of people do something, doesn't make it right.

They had to take him to the ER he was so cut up. The doctor reported it.

I was thinking if he really did fake those donations, the IRS or a prosecutor might go after him for tax fraud.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-10-2014, 07:55 PM
(10-10-2014 07:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:32 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yeah the day after the news broke, I was talking about it with my mom. She immediately went to the "oh, come on.. He used a switch, lots of parents do that" I just about lost it. She hadn't seen the pictures. When I described it to her, she changed her mind. I also made sure to point out that just because a lot of people do something, doesn't make it right.

They had to take him to the ER he was so cut up. The doctor reported it.

I was thinking if he really did fake those donations, the IRS or a prosecutor might go after him for tax fraud.

It was the former head of his charity (the one that actually does the work) they were replaced several years ago.

04-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Can someone explain this to me? How does he get off with a $4000 fine and 80 hours of "community service??

No jail time for someone who intentionally left lacerations on a four year olds legs, buttocks, and genitals? Not only that, but he freely admitted it, and made it very clear that's his parenting style. What a joke.

Then of course the obligatory "apology".

Quote:"I truly regret this incident," Peterson said outside the courthouse. "I stand here and take full responsibility for my actions. I love my son more than any one of you could even imagine. I am looking forward to and I am anxious to continue my relationship with my child.