Why is Atheism is False and Free Will is a Bitch!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
21-12-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: Why is Atheism is False and Free Will is a Bitch!
(21-12-2013 12:12 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  The only word in the English language to claim God does not exist is "Atheism". But to make this claim that God does not exist is a false claim, because the Atheist will be the first person to admit they don't have any evidence for their extraordinary claim.

Therefore, the right position to take if you still are not a Theist is Agnosticism, because in your feelings you are still not sure if God exists. That's where I come in to prove to you God exists so you are without excuse.

Since nature always has a cause as evidenced by the fact we observe trillions and trillions of cause and effects in nature and no hard evidence something comes from nothing, we know the universe can't come from nothing or non-existence.

Secondly, we know the universe can't always have existed in an infinite regress of cause and effects, because if it had, you would have had an eternity to come into being before now, so you should have already happened.

Thus, we know that nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. The one and only uncreated Creator is Whom we call God. God is both uncreated and the creator.

I can understand, therefore, the difficulty you might have shutting your site down now that you know you are living a lie, but maybe just change the name of the site to "Unthinking Atheist."

The more likely thing that will happen though I suspect is you will continue to rationalize your flesh come hell or high water which is an utterly corrupt way to live. The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result. Atheism is dying today the world over. It is experiencing a serious blow as documented here...

http://www.garyhabermas.com/audio/Haberm...s-2013.mp3

Free will is a bitch!

[Image: 11b58c1.gif]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Slowminded's post
21-12-2013, 11:31 AM
(21-12-2013 10:50 AM)guitarist Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 12:12 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  The only word in the English language to claim God does not exist is "Atheism". But to make this claim that God does not exist is a false claim, because the Atheist will be the first person to admit they don't have any evidence for their extraordinary claim.

Therefore, the right position to take if you still are not a Theist is Agnosticism, because in your feelings you are still not sure if God exists. That's where I come in to prove to you God exists so you are without excuse.

Since nature always has a cause as evidenced by the fact we observe trillions and trillions of cause and effects in nature and no hard evidence something comes from nothing, we know the universe can't come from nothing or non-existence.

Secondly, we know the universe can't always have existed in an infinite regress of cause and effects, because if it had, you would have had an eternity to come into being before now, so you should have already happened.

Thus, we know that nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. The one and only uncreated Creator is Whom we call God. God is both uncreated and the creator.

I can understand, therefore, the difficulty you might have shutting your site down now that you know you are living a lie, but maybe just change the name of the site to "Unthinking Atheist."

The more likely thing that will happen though I suspect is you will continue to rationalize your flesh come hell or high water which is an utterly corrupt way to live. The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result. Atheism is dying today the world over. It is experiencing a serious blow as documented here...

http://www.garyhabermas.com/audio/Haberm...s-2013.mp3

Free will is a bitch!

[Image: joS1qqa.gif]

This gif made my day. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
21-12-2013, 11:51 AM
I want to play too!

Savedwheat Wrote:Since nature always has a cause as evidenced by the fact we observe trillions and trillions of cause and effects in nature and no hard evidence something comes from nothing, we know the universe can't come from nothing or non-existence.

Since nature always has a cause as evidenced by the fact we observe trillions and trillions of cause and effects in nature and no hard evidence something comes from nothing, we know the god can't come from nothing or non-existence.
So there's a god that created the god, that created the god, that... OR something can come from nothing, as Krauss brilliantly and eloquently explains, with experiments to back up the claim. Furthermore, there's verification of predictions made using the currently accepted models.

Which experiments do you propose be done and under what conditions, in order to verify your god-made-universe postulate?

As a reminder, and it might be unfortunate from your standpoint, your GPS works. Why is it important that it does? The way it works is based upon physics. The same physics used to make any god redundant and the universe self-sufficient. And amazing.
[+] 3 users Like GaëlK7's post
21-12-2013, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 05:03 PM by docskeptic.)
Doc: Step right up, folks! Step right up! See the amazing Fundie from darkest Biblocality brought here expressly for your entertainment!

Marvel at the thickness of his skull that is proof against all logic! Be amazed at the size of his credulity! Wonder at the thickness of his hide that repels negative ratings with ease! Fear his irrationality that rips reason to shreds!

Cynical atheist: Yawn. Another Fundie? Been there, done that.

Doc: All right. I'll throw in a visit to the egress for free.

Cynical atheist: The egress, eh? Now you're talking. Let's go!
[+] 6 users Like docskeptic's post
21-12-2013, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 05:26 PM by grizzlysnake.)
Please, get back in your bottle poe.[Image: 51358add81be1.jpg]
You're not funny or even mildly entertaining.Drinking Beverage

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
21-12-2013, 05:20 PM
OK. Let's say I agree with your claim that there is God. So, what now? What does it change?
And one more question. Let's say I accept your claim. Now, how can I KNOW that your claim is not false but true?

(21-12-2013 12:12 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  That's where I come in to prove to you God exists so you are without excuse.
Oh! You will prove to me that God exist? Are you given this kind of power?Interesting.

(21-12-2013 12:12 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  Since nature always has a cause as evidenced by the fact we observe trillions and trillions of cause and effects in nature and no hard evidence something comes from nothing, we know the universe can't come from nothing or non-existence.
I can agree with that.

(21-12-2013 12:12 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  Secondly, we know the universe can't always have existed in an infinite regress of cause and effects, because if it had, you would have had an eternity to come into being before now, so you should have already happened.
Thus, we know that nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.
What is EXACTLY outside of time and space? What kind of place is this? Describe, please

(21-12-2013 12:12 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  The one and only uncreated Creator is Whom we call God. God is both uncreated and the creator.
What is uncreated Creator? What is He organized from? Is he a part of the nature?

(21-12-2013 12:12 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  I can understand, therefore, the difficulty you might have shutting your site down now that you know you are living a lie, but maybe just change the name of the site to "Unthinking Atheist."
This is rude. And before someone shuts down anything you have explaining to do. What is uncreated Creator? what kind of place is outside of time and space?
and probably some more questions will come up.

(21-12-2013 12:12 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  The more likely thing that will happen though I suspect is you will continue to rationalize your flesh come hell or high water which is an utterly corrupt way to live.
what is hell?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
21-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Putting on my theologian hat (ok, they wouldn't give me a hat, since I lack the necessary Y chromosome) I'd like to discuss the uncreated god argument. This might be clunky, it's been a while since I put on this hat.

God is not a person, or a thing. God is a being of pure spirit without the encumbrance of a physical form. Since it is matter which is subject to time, and god is not of matter god therefore is timeless. The way we perceive time is meaningless to God. Think Dr Manhattan, only without a body.
21-12-2013, 06:41 PM
(21-12-2013 06:22 PM)natachan Wrote:  Putting on my theologian hat (ok, they wouldn't give me a hat, since I lack the necessary Y chromosome) I'd like to discuss the uncreated god argument. This might be clunky, it's been a while since I put on this hat.

God is not a person, or a thing. God is a being of pure spirit without the encumbrance of a physical form. Since it is matter which is subject to time, and god is not of matter god therefore is timeless. The way we perceive time is meaningless to God. Think Dr Manhattan, only without a body.

The god, like the hat, is completely undetectable and has no perceptible effect on anything.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2013, 07:00 PM
I like playing devils advocate. And since the first time I went to college my intended career path was with the Vatican I can have a bit more fun with it.
21-12-2013, 07:05 PM
(21-12-2013 06:22 PM)natachan Wrote:  God is not a person, or a thing. God is a being of pure spirit

God is drunk? 200 proof? Big Grin

(21-12-2013 06:22 PM)natachan Wrote:  Since it is matter which is subject to time, and god is not of matter god therefore is timeless. The way we perceive time is meaningless to God. Think Dr Manhattan, only without a body.

If God is timeless then how is he capable of being a First Cause? If the way we perceive time is meaningless to God then he shouldn't even have any concept of what "first" means. By defining God as something outside of our capacity for reason you have eliminated the possibility of any rational discourse on the matter and any further discussion is meaningless.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post