Why is Bucky Ball allowed to be an asshole?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Why is Bucky Ball allowed to be an asshole?
(17-11-2013 07:44 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 06:54 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Why do you act surprised ?

You are an asshole, and you are not banned, thus you could have come to the conclusion that you are allowed to be an asshole on your own.

Oh, I forgot...you are stupid.

I am an asshole to who? To people that are an asshole to me first?

Do you realize that you sound like a six year old? He was mean to me first so I forever have to be mean back.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
17-11-2013, 07:58 PM
You know I&I, in every thread, every post, every interaction you've ever made here it's almost never had a positive result. In all of those threads and posts with so many different members and almost 100% negative reactions there has been only one common denominator.

I challenge you to figure out what that is.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 8 users Like evenheathen's post
17-11-2013, 08:33 PM
(17-11-2013 06:23 PM)I and I Wrote:  My First Thread...

...is actually http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ime--10246 where you immediately establish your MO of agenda, obfuscation, and unnecessary provocation.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-11-2013, 08:37 PM
(17-11-2013 08:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 06:23 PM)I and I Wrote:  My First Thread...

...is actually http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ime--10246 where you immediately establish your MO of agenda, obfuscation, and unnecessary provocation.

Oh my.

That was 14 months ago?

It could have been yesterday!

... this is my signature!
17-11-2013, 08:51 PM
(17-11-2013 06:23 PM)I and I Wrote:  And his asshole behavior continues until today. Yes I have RESPONDED to him and been an asshole back to him because it would be completely stupid to do otherwise.. However, can someone explain:

I like you little buddy. I am alone in that opinion. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I & I
So far what I can tell about you is that you tend to be attracted to controversy and conspiracy. You are not shy of shaking things up.
Ordinarily I would see these as great qualities but as often is the case,moderation is required for people to take you seriously.
I see that there can be great value in you building up a reputation for yourself within this community before tackling too many controversies. When you build a reputation, it allows people to understand that you are coming from a position of honest inquiry rather than trolling. Forums like these are often the target of trolls, so its important to distinguish yourself apart.
But when you fire off controversy after controversy, tackling some real big dooseys such as Capitalism, Holocaust, AIDS, Quantum Mechanics...
It probably becomes very hard for people to see you as being "for real" with all these topics.

When I take a look at your very first topic titled "Is Quantum Mechanics a Science, Philosophy or Religion, or some new age mix of all 3?"
I'm sure this instantly gets Physicists and Science buffs in a twist.
It immediately looks like a troll thread because Quantum Mechanics is widely regarded as a serious branch of science. In particular with regards to energy which was once thought to be continuous but proven (100+ years ago) to be bounded by discrete quantities (quanta).
(28-09-2012 02:22 AM)I and I Wrote:  If Quantum Mechanics is a science then it is a series of predictions in which the tests and calculation revolve around this prediction...which is a different method than the old school science. Old school science is the study of observed things then the calculations come after, but in quantum mechanics the predictions come first before the calculations.
I'm not sure where you came up with this, you didn't provide any references. Is your statement scientifically sound? Are YOU for real, or are you trying to spark an angry reaction? (Trolling?)
Quantum Mechanics was discovered as a result of implementing the scientific method.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics#History
Quote:In 1896, Wilhelm Wien empirically determined a distribution law of black-body radiation, known as Wien's law in his honor. Ludwig Boltzmann independently arrived at this result by considerations of Maxwell's equations. However, it was valid only at high frequencies, and underestimated the radiance at low frequencies. Later, Max Planck corrected this model using Boltzmann statistical interpretation of thermodynamics and proposed what is now called Planck's law, which led to the development of quantum mechanics.

(28-09-2012 02:22 AM)I and I Wrote:  Or is it a new age philosophy in which they question the foundation of human knowledge about things.
You didn't provide any links or formula or quotes to support why you think QM can be considered as new age philosophy. So again this looks like some internet punk trying to irritate others (trolling?)
(28-09-2012 02:22 AM)I and I Wrote:  Or is it a new age religion similar to the documentaries recently released called What The Bleep Do We Know and The Secret?
Religion? Really? What are QM proponents praying to? What rituals are they performing?
How can this not be seen as trolling?

So would a person with an inkling of EQ (Emotional intelligence) expect that this OP would be invoking some angry irritated responses? I personally would expect so.

It seems that Bucky Ball was playing ball and put some effort into providing a science based response.
(28-09-2012 03:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is none of the above.
Fallacy of the False Premise(s)
Science has not changed.

The Scientific Method, for Dummies :

Ask a Question, after observing the natural world.
Do Background Research, gather data
Construct a Hypothesis, establish the Null Hypothesis.
Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment, based on it's Prediction
Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
Communicate Your Results

Nothing has changed.
Quantum Mechanics arose as a direct result of unexplained observations, (not "calculations"),
including the world famous, and known to every Physics 101 student, ..the Double Slit Experiment. I think we have another straw-man, by a troll.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_..._mechanics

Relativity, The Uncertainty Principle, complex (nonintuitive), mathematical concepts, (Dirac spinors, and matricies), have indeed challenged the idea that the universe is "intuitive", or what our brains perceive to be "logical". However the predictions of Quantum Mechanics NEVER preceded the observations. That is 100% false.
This seemed to me to be a very reasonable response.
Which is then followed up by a personal stab at you.

(28-09-2012 03:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I and I, needs not only courses in Physics, and Logic, but apparently, Linguistics 101.

No educated person would ask such a question, or make make such an assertion.
It seems to me that you got off light based on the troll-like OP.

So my personal thoughts to you I & I is to intersperse your controversial topics with less controversial ones, build up a decent reputation for yourself, prove to people that you aren't merely trolling. Try and get your Rep into the positives.
I think people on this forum are open to new ideas, to challenging old ideas, but there are ways and there are ways.
Some ways will inspire snarky responses, other ways will inspire well thought out considered and explorative responses. Your challenge is to find a way to inspire the later.
[+] 7 users Like Stevil's post
17-11-2013, 09:38 PM
(17-11-2013 08:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...

Not alone.

Also, I and I, you provide a valuable service: You are a benchmark for newbies who want to learn about the do's and don'ts of forum posting approaches.

Since Egor's self-destruct, if you go, then we've only got Chippy for that benchmark.

Stick around and keep doing what you are doing... we need you.

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
17-11-2013, 09:41 PM
(17-11-2013 09:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I & I
So far what I can tell about you is that you tend to be attracted to controversy and conspiracy. You are not shy of shaking things up.
Ordinarily I would see these as great qualities but as often is the case,moderation is required for people to take you seriously.
I see that there can be great value in you building up a reputation for yourself within this community before tackling too many controversies. When you build a reputation, it allows people to understand that you are coming from a position of honest inquiry rather than trolling. Forums like these are often the target of trolls, so its important to distinguish yourself apart.
But when you fire off controversy after controversy, tackling some real big dooseys such as Capitalism, Holocaust, AIDS, Quantum Mechanics...
It probably becomes very hard for people to see you as being "for real" with all these topics.

When I take a look at your very first topic titled "Is Quantum Mechanics a Science, Philosophy or Religion, or some new age mix of all 3?"
I'm sure this instantly gets Physicists and Science buffs in a twist.
It immediately looks like a troll thread because Quantum Mechanics is widely regarded as a serious branch of science. In particular with regards to energy which was once thought to be continuous but proven (100+ years ago) to be bounded by discrete quantities (quanta).
(28-09-2012 02:22 AM)I and I Wrote:  If Quantum Mechanics is a science then it is a series of predictions in which the tests and calculation revolve around this prediction...which is a different method than the old school science. Old school science is the study of observed things then the calculations come after, but in quantum mechanics the predictions come first before the calculations.
I'm not sure where you came up with this, you didn't provide any references. Is your statement scientifically sound? Are YOU for real, or are you trying to spark an angry reaction? (Trolling?)
Quantum Mechanics was discovered as a result of implementing the scientific method.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics#History
Quote:In 1896, Wilhelm Wien empirically determined a distribution law of black-body radiation, known as Wien's law in his honor. Ludwig Boltzmann independently arrived at this result by considerations of Maxwell's equations. However, it was valid only at high frequencies, and underestimated the radiance at low frequencies. Later, Max Planck corrected this model using Boltzmann statistical interpretation of thermodynamics and proposed what is now called Planck's law, which led to the development of quantum mechanics.

(28-09-2012 02:22 AM)I and I Wrote:  Or is it a new age philosophy in which they question the foundation of human knowledge about things.
You didn't provide any links or formula or quotes to support why you think QM can be considered as new age philosophy. So again this looks like some internet punk trying to irritate others (trolling?)
(28-09-2012 02:22 AM)I and I Wrote:  Or is it a new age religion similar to the documentaries recently released called What The Bleep Do We Know and The Secret?
Religion? Really? What are QM proponents praying to? What rituals are they performing?
How can this not be seen as trolling?

So would a person with an inkling of EQ (Emotional intelligence) expect that this OP would be invoking some angry irritated responses? I personally would expect so.

It seems that Bucky Ball was playing ball and put some effort into providing a science based response.
(28-09-2012 03:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is none of the above.
Fallacy of the False Premise(s)
Science has not changed.

The Scientific Method, for Dummies :

Ask a Question, after observing the natural world.
Do Background Research, gather data
Construct a Hypothesis, establish the Null Hypothesis.
Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment, based on it's Prediction
Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
Communicate Your Results

Nothing has changed.
Quantum Mechanics arose as a direct result of unexplained observations, (not "calculations"),
including the world famous, and known to every Physics 101 student, ..the Double Slit Experiment. I think we have another straw-man, by a troll.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_..._mechanics

Relativity, The Uncertainty Principle, complex (nonintuitive), mathematical concepts, (Dirac spinors, and matricies), have indeed challenged the idea that the universe is "intuitive", or what our brains perceive to be "logical". However the predictions of Quantum Mechanics NEVER preceded the observations. That is 100% false.
This seemed to me to be a very reasonable response.
Which is then followed up by a personal stab at you.

(28-09-2012 03:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I and I, needs not only courses in Physics, and Logic, but apparently, Linguistics 101.

No educated person would ask such a question, or make make such an assertion.
It seems to me that you got off light based on the troll-like OP.

So my personal thoughts to you I & I is to intersperse your controversial topics with less controversial ones, build up a decent reputation for yourself, prove to people that you aren't merely trolling. Try and get your Rep into the positives.
I think people on this forum are open to new ideas, to challenging old ideas, but there are ways and there are ways.
Some ways will inspire snarky responses, other ways will inspire well thought out considered and explorative responses. Your challenge is to find a way to inspire the later.

There are many new age religious woo woo groups that use/misinterpret quantum mechanics as the basis if their religion. These woo woo types are features in the quack documentary called what the bleep do we know.

Quantum mechanics scientists themselves recognize that their field is partly philosophy This is not a diss, philosophy has been the best thing to happen to human thought.

I also state in other threads that are hated of course that science often like quantum mechanics philosophically do not deal with facts, they mainly deal with probabilities, calculations on probabilities, predictions on calculations of probability. That is an extreme way of stretching the definition of science.

Hence I asked what quantum mechanics can be classified as.

In another hated thread, I also point out that since most people do not know the details of quantum mechanics or physics then their agreement with it is based on a belief.

I also in another hated thread asked wether democracy needs to be done away with, since technically it has never worked not has it ever been synonymous with freedom.

People don't like long held comfortable beliefs challenged.....tough shit.
17-11-2013, 09:43 PM
(17-11-2013 08:37 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 08:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...is actually http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ime--10246 where you immediately establish your MO of agenda, obfuscation, and unnecessary provocation.

Oh my.

That was 14 months ago?

It could have been yesterday!

It's that perception of time thing.....

Drinking Beverage
17-11-2013, 09:49 PM
(17-11-2013 09:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 08:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...

Not alone.

Also, I and I, you provide a valuable service: You are a benchmark for newbies who want to learn about the do's and don'ts of forum posting approaches.

Since Egor's self-destruct, if you go, then we've only got Chippy for that benchmark.

Stick around and keep doing what you are doing... we need you.

Thumbsup

As in...
[Image: download1_zpsd16959d6.jpg]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post