Why is Bucky Ball allowed to be an asshole?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 08:03 AM by I and I.)
Why is Bucky Ball allowed to be an asshole?
(18-11-2013 05:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  IandI, I don't post in your threads as a rule. You can likely count my comments to you over the last year on one hand.

Firstly, good conspiracy theories exist because they can't be proven or unproven. They are usually a possible, but unlikely scenario. Most of them are rubbish, and because of that, the ones that have legs are ignored.

When you become obsessed with them and start a zillion threads in quick succession, you devalue them even further.

When I come here and click "today's posts" and almost half of them are from you and have absolutely nothing to do with atheism I wonder WTF I am doing here. If that had happened when I came for the first time, I would have left and not looked back. I bet a lot of newbies coming here for support with their newly found atheism do so.

Your spamming of unrelated topics is bad for the forum's health. If you can't control how many threads you start, start a blog. You can post to it all you want, 20 topics a day if you want.

Regardless of whether you or anyone else acts like an asshole here, you are bad for the forum. I would say the same thing if every thread of yours was a love fest.

Try for quality instead of quantity. When you find a topic you want to discuss, do some real research on it, not just what the conspiracy sites say. Come equipped with facts and make your case. One thread a week like that would be a lot. And if now you could keep from attacking and insulting people, no matter who they are, you'd likely become a valuable member, posting threads that shed a different light on some things.

But your nilly willy posting of things you don't really know anything about is just - spam.

Most of my threads are in the world news or politics forums, so of course, they don't relate to specific atheist-theist discussions.

I have never started a thread about conspiracies. I have never started a 9-11 thread, threads claiming that 6 million Jews died during ww2, no JFK threads. Nothing like that at all.

I usually post news reports for example, the multiple reports of US taking certain fighting groups in Syria off terrorist lists (so they can find them more) it mccain taking pictures in Syria with known terrorists etc etc. it's not a conspiracy that we are funding terrorists in Syria. Unless you believe join McCain had the picture faked?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: Why is Bucky Ball allowed to be an asshole?
If it is so bad for you here and you feel so mistreated and misunderstood, why do you stay?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
18-11-2013, 08:18 AM
(18-11-2013 07:56 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 05:03 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And that is an evasion. You got warnings for spamming the forum with multiple threads positing the same empty nonsense within hours of each other.

Wrong again, I never got warnings for such a thing. How would you know or think I got warnings for that anyway?

Because it is mentioned? Constantly? That was kind of a clue, ya know. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2013, 08:25 AM
(17-11-2013 06:23 PM)I and I Wrote:  My First Thread
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...x-of-all-3

This was my second (I think).
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...246?page=4

And his asshole behavior continues until today. Yes I have RESPONDED to him and been an asshole back to him because it would be completely stupid to do otherwise.. However, can someone explain:

1. Why his behavior isn't considered trolling.

2. Why is he allowed to be a dick to other people here?

Relax.

Bucky might be a forum slut, but I am an old-school forum WHORE with many many miles on my tires. Bucky's demeanor is actually very very typical on forums like this one, but obviously you do not have a lot of experience on forums if you think Bucky is the "big bad man."

You just need to learn to not engage in ad homs and stick to your point. It's a matter of maturity and self control.

Sticks & stones, ya know?

So grow up a little.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
18-11-2013, 08:34 AM
(18-11-2013 07:59 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 05:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  IandI, I don't post in your threads as a rule. You can likely count my comments to you over the last year on one hand.

Firstly, good conspiracy theories exist because they can't be proven or unproven. They are usually a possible, but unlikely scenario. Most of them are rubbish, and because of that, the ones that have legs are ignored.

When you become obsessed with them and start a zillion threads in quick succession, you devalue them even further.

When I come here and click "today's posts" and almost half of them are from you and have absolutely nothing to do with atheism I wonder WTF I am doing here. If that had happened when I came for the first time, I would have left and not looked back. I bet a lot of newbies coming here for support with their newly found atheism do so.

Your spamming of unrelated topics is bad for the forum's health. If you can't control how many threads you start, start a blog. You can post to it all you want, 20 topics a day if you want.

Regardless of whether you or anyone else acts like an asshole here, you are bad for the forum. I would say the same thing if every thread of yours was a love fest.

Try for quality instead of quantity. When you find a topic you want to discuss, do some real research on it, not just what the conspiracy sites say. Come equipped with facts and make your case. One thread a week like that would be a lot. And if now you could keep from attacking and insulting people, no matter who they are, you'd likely become a valuable member, posting threads that shed a different light on some things.

But your nilly willy posting of things you don't really know anything about is just - spam.

Most of my threads are in the world news or politics forums, so of course, they don't relate to specific atheist-theist discussions.

I have never started a thread about conspiracies. I have never started a 9-11 thread, threads claiming that 6 million Jews died during ww2, no JFK threads. Nothing like that at all.

I usually post news reports for example, the multiple reports of US taking certain fighting groups in Syria off terrorist lists (so they can find them more) it mccain taking pictures in Syria with known terrorists etc etc. it's not a conspiracy that we are funding terrorists in Syria. Unless you believe join McCain had the picture faked?

Are you kidding? Nearly all of your threads are conspiracy threads.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2013, 10:18 AM
(18-11-2013 08:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 07:59 AM)I and I Wrote:  Most of my threads are in the world news or politics forums, so of course, they don't relate to specific atheist-theist discussions.

Are you kidding? All of your threads are conspiracy threads.

fixed.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
18-11-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 12:07 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(18-11-2013 04:31 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Thanks for the laugh I and I. Some funny shit when you act all innocent and ignorant. I suppose the ignorant bit isn't as much of an act.

I was going to tweak the forum code a bit to help deal with the likes of you but someone here pointed out that it's only a matter of time before you slip up and get banned. I'm going to hold off a while and let that happen.

Who would have thought... Blowjob springing to I and I's aid. Heart Blowjob and I&I sitting in a tree..... K I S S I N G.... Heart

Maybe they should read scripture together instead of trolling here.

Seriously I&I... Go join a cult!

Deepcrack, are you patiently waiting for me to slip up too?...just curious if I should be looking behind my back.

Also I don't see how I came to I and I's aid....I just answered his question that's all. I'll expand on my answer a little bit. Whackjobs like Bucky can thrive here because moderators at the TTA engage in and support her douchebag behavior. This leads to an environment where good posters, like philosoraptor for instance, get driven away. What remains largely consists of a bunch of circle jerkers.
18-11-2013, 12:05 PM
(18-11-2013 11:58 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Deepcrack, are you patiently waiting for me to slip up too?...just curious if I should be looking behind my back.

Also I don't see how I came to I and I's aid....I just answered his question that's all. I'll expand on my answer a little bit. Whackjobs like Bucky can thrive here because moderators at the TTA engage in and support her douchebag behavior.

Feel free to depart anytime, Blowjob.
The sooner the better.
You add nothing to TTA.
"By their fruits you will know them", (Mr. Minus Eight).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-11-2013, 12:09 PM
(18-11-2013 12:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-11-2013 11:58 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Deepcrack, are you patiently waiting for me to slip up too?...just curious if I should be looking behind my back.

Also I don't see how I came to I and I's aid....I just answered his question that's all. I'll expand on my answer a little bit. Whackjobs like Bucky can thrive here because moderators at the TTA engage in and support her douchebag behavior.

The sooner the better.
You add nothing to TTA.
"By their fruits you will know them", (Mr. Minus Eight).

I don't plan on departing anytime soon Miss Suckyballsack.
18-11-2013, 12:11 PM
(18-11-2013 12:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

The sooner the better.
You add nothing to TTA.

I disagree there Bucky. Heywood provides a useful service here. If PJ is here for the fresh newbs to take a swing at the ultimate fundie nonsense machine (and no one does a better job to cement new atheists than PJ) then Heywood is the next step up. How to argue with someone who speaks in logical fallacies and refuses to concede a point even when he knows he is wrong. If we didn't have these two the A&T board would get boring and self congratulatory where as those 2 spark decent counter-apologetics. Plus as opposed to Idiot squared Heywood actually contributes to threads he is involved in with more than just insults.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post