Why is Family Guy still on air?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 01:27 PM
RE: Why is Family Guy still on air?
(05-05-2014 06:22 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The show definitely got better after it came back from its initial cancellation.

Jesus... Could that guy like, talk a bit faster?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2014, 04:21 AM
(05-05-2014 01:20 PM)Sam Wrote:  I'd rather they ended the Simpsons... Family Guy isn't quite what it used to be, but its not as bad as the Simpsons.

I don't know what happened to ruin it, but its as if they don't even try anymore.
YES! It used to be so fucking good, that show.

The Simpsons died years ago, and it's corpse is being used in a failed attempt at re-animation.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Juv's post
10-05-2014, 07:48 AM
When there are so many shows still on that are completely unfunny.
A show that is a little funny should not be cancelled.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
10-05-2014, 09:15 AM
(10-05-2014 04:21 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 01:20 PM)Sam Wrote:  I'd rather they ended the Simpsons... Family Guy isn't quite what it used to be, but its not as bad as the Simpsons.

I don't know what happened to ruin it, but its as if they don't even try anymore.
YES! It used to be so fucking good, that show.

The Simpsons died years ago, and it's corpse is being used in a failed attempt at re-animation.

I wondered if it was just because I'd grown up... But the old episodes are still funny, probably more so now because being an adult I get all the adult humor that went over my head when I was 8.

The newer ones don't even make me chuckle.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
10-05-2014, 11:09 AM
It's still better than all the generic cop, doctor, and lawyer shows that envelop cable TV. WHY DO PEOPLE WATCH THOSE!?
11-05-2014, 04:30 AM
(10-05-2014 09:15 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 04:21 AM)Juv Wrote:  YES! It used to be so fucking good, that show.

I wondered if it was just because I'd grown up... But the old episodes are still funny, probably more so now because being an adult I get all the adult humor that went over my head when I was 8.

Yep! Me too.

The Simpsons was just extremely well written in the 90's. I think about 2000-2001 is when it started to decline.
12-05-2014, 05:16 PM
(11-05-2014 04:30 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 09:15 AM)Sam Wrote:  I wondered if it was just because I'd grown up... But the old episodes are still funny, probably more so now because being an adult I get all the adult humor that went over my head when I was 8.

Yep! Me too.

The Simpsons was just extremely well written in the 90's. I think about 2000-2001 is when it started to decline.

I always remember it being on UK analog terrestrial TV, which was always a few years behind satellite where the new episodes were on. And they were never shown in sequence... So I can never remember which season was the point where the rot set in.

All my memories of the Simpsons come from when I was about 7, in 1998... That's when all those classic episodes from the early '90s were on terrestrial TV.

Once we switched to satellite TV, suddenly we got all the brand new episodes, and it was clear that the show was rotten to the core...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
12-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Yabut It's not american dad

[Image: American%20Dad%20S08%20720p%20WEB-DL%20D...iT00NZ.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Because I enjoy it. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
16-05-2014, 12:41 PM
(03-05-2014 10:24 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Is it me, or has family guy gone so for down the tubes that It is irredeemable now?

I saw a episode last night where chris and peter got married because peter wanted chris's money he is going to get from carter.

Not to mention another Incest joke showing that Meg and Chris fuck.

Like...WTF? This is on day time T.V too. Not to mention its just so distasteful.

There is making a dirty joke or pushing the envelope, and doing gross stuff for the people who like that sort of thing. This show has just gone so far down that hill that there is nothing good about it anymore.

It....BLOWS..

Why do people still watch it?
I like it. That episode I'll agree was a bit much but generally speaking that's what I like about Family Guy. They say shit that people ain't supposed to say. Kinda like when atheists challenge the religious. There are a lot of folks that say we should respect religions and keep quite. They might even say it's distasteful not to.
All that said, if you don't like it don't watch it. Leave the rest of us to enjoy what we like.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post