Why is Jesus' death considered a sacrifice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: Why is Jesus' death considered a sacrifice?
(03-10-2013 12:37 PM)absols Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 12:25 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  [
Uhhh.

I was suggesting a handwave (a shitty explanation meant to shut up questioners) for the sake of humor.

Never did I suggest I actually believed it.

aiiie ... it sounds so real...sorrry

it is already difficult to mean smthg truly in words so when it is about not meaning it must b impossible

i see words in truth actually not of ones means

As long as no one clarifies. Dodgy

Most people talk in positives. It's a marketing consideration.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 03:19 PM
israel as a constant state is an exception, but mostly everyone work in positive and everything is always in positive considerations
which logically suggest a problem at the personnal level since never true

and they want to point me as a schizo

actually that jesus and his god wat they meant so mean always, that people must get used to them very close to their bodies and minds without getting anything from their powers of positive while on the contrary they must accept it and serve them as being the gods forever on their life

this is why im sure jesus was hated even by the close people around him

they are so possessive in very psychotic way, like they will go to the extreme possible, meaning getting all of true existence anyway and without giving any otherwise they wont take

it is how to convince people and the mass..like those images of cross and martyrs serve to keep meaning as if they gave smthg while the guy didnt even die

and lived a very long life

the point of truth there, is its opposite the one kind that it must gives it a form from truth perspective of being evil

so it started with the opposite of truth, so it says how truth is generosity of rights

while rights are what justify superiority

truth is infinite superiority so existence ends present values but it doesnt put it that way, bc truly infinite superiority bien sur

so we have that right who keep considering in truth while he is nothing to compare with anything so invent how stay true and even if doesnt want to consider he would become less to mean paid smthg instead for that right while he cant b less but he succeed to invent it and recover back free

and facing that well u know incomparable ..we have to forget what i was talking about to get into their lives
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes absols's post
03-10-2013, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 03:55 PM by Ohio Sky.)
(03-10-2013 09:13 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I've often asked the same question and been answered with blank stares. Another question is "Why did god have to do anything?" He could simply forgive us. Why did he have to go through a temporary death and torture? Doesn't god make the rules?

Humans, through history, have suffered worse fates than Jesus. He was not the only one to be crucified or tortured and others have certainly suffered longer (without the bonus resurrection). It's a flawed story when you actually take the time to think about it.
I was going to make this point as well. A farmer sacrificing his goat is to appease God. Who then does God need to appease by making a sacrifice?

I would think sending Jesus to earth would be a bigger sacrifice than him being killed. Like mourning after your kid goes to a college far far away, only for him to return home jobless and up to his eyeballs in student loans. Big Grin

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
03-10-2013, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 03:48 PM by absols.)
how the bible is written 40 years after the crucifixion and how during all those years not even one word was written to testify about jesus death which was a big event at that time
confirm the fact that everyone knew he wasnt dead so it is after his real death that mayb what he planed was executed as he ordered them exactly to repeat
03-10-2013, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 04:09 PM by absols.)
(03-10-2013 03:29 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  I was going to make this point as well. A farmer sacrificing his goat is to appease God. Who then does God need to appease by making a sacrifice?

I would think sending Jesus to earth would be a bigger sacrifice than him being killed. Like mourning after your kid goes to a college far far away, then returns home jobless and up to him eyeballs in student loans. Big Grin

there is no home and no parent and noone sending anything

true freedom is anywhere originally more none, ur god reversed that fact so it became mum and dead with child at home, facing the rest of the fact on the floor saying hhaahii...while god is saying some children like sheep get lost but god never forget any of them and keep expecting next to the door their return safely ...accept jesus he is the best shepherd ...as if by saying shepherd it would look like a poor farmer when it is about sheeps ...kind of so cheap logics this is what their intelligence is for

o yea and the shepherd lead those very peaceful kind of very stupid animals with a long stick bc he loves his property
03-10-2013, 04:10 PM
(03-10-2013 03:45 PM)absols Wrote:  how the bible is written 40 years after the crucifixion and how during all those years not even one word was written to testify about jesus death which was a big event at that time
confirm the fact that everyone knew he wasnt dead so it is after his real death that mayb what he planed was executed as he ordered them exactly to repeat

I don't know if that's enough evidence to conclude that it was all planned, but this is a good point as well. Why wait so long to put God's word in writing? Some of this wasn't put down for close to a century. The Pentateuch weren't put in writing for several centuries. Granted, there didn't exist written word at the time, but we all know how stories change when related orally.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
03-10-2013, 04:14 PM
exactly but also it is weird how not even a word was said the times after the crucifixion, all the disciples was there how none related the facts at least in temples, we dont even know anything about his life before being crucified
03-10-2013, 06:46 PM
(03-10-2013 04:14 PM)absols Wrote:  exactly but also it is weird how not even a word was said the times after the crucifixion, all the disciples was there how none related the facts at least in temples, we dont even know anything about his life before being crucified

There is one very good reason why they waited so long to start fictionalizing about Jesus, - they had to wait until all the people who actually knew him had died. It's really hard to make up shit about a guy when the people who saw him fart are still around to call you on it.

I think most all religions share this characteristic - the early Pali Cannon show's that the Buddha's wisdom and followers were from very real world advice about managing your mind in everyday life. The shit about reincarnation and spirits and all the other Kooky shit came later as a way to sell it to a hyper-reincarnation obsessed multi-polytheistic culture (Hinduism). It worked, too.

It's amazing how seemingly well-meaning people will write ridiculous and knowingly untrue shit about their god just to promote their favorite religion and get some traction. My understanding was that the NT is no different, that the stories got more and more exaggerated as time went on.

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
[+] 1 user Likes Skippy538's post
03-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Some Christians claim that the real sacrifice was a god becoming human (I guess like a human becoming a cockroach) so he could be like one of us poor earthly slobs.
[+] 1 user Likes Airyaman's post
03-10-2013, 07:31 PM
I always wondered why Jesus wasn't burning for eternity in Hell for our sins Undecided
THAT would have been one hell of a sacrifice Dodgy

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post