Why is Netflix so shit?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Why is Netflix so shit?!
I'm just pissed off and venting here but does anyone else think Netflix is shit?

The have hardly any decent stuff!

Angry

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
21-04-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: Why is Netflix so shit?!
Yeah I totally agree.
We had netflix for a month here for free. Though I live in Canada and it has noticeably less quality stuff than the american version.
It was quite the effort to find things worth watching. That included tv shows and not just movies. though I have seen a lot of movies and unless they are amazing I am not huge into rewatching things.
After about a week and a half of dredging the depths of content me and the wife only ever turned it on so that our kid could watch Caillou whenever she wanted.

The kids programming was really the big improvement we found, and not because there was a lot available, because there really wasn't, but because it was on demand. Anyone with kids will tell you how valuable it is to have your kids favorite shows on tap whenever you want them.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Not overly thrilled with Netflix myself. While it has some television series that I like such as Cake Boss, Whose Wedding Is It Anyway, and a couple others...the only thing that is remotely redeeming in regard of Netflix is the children's favorites which are great to have seeing as kids always have their favorites.
Then....only two of my child's favorites are really on there as Netflix does not believe in Scooby Doo.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
21-04-2012, 12:17 PM
I use Netflix and Hulu on my PS3 and I'm cool with it. I only use the streaming version but it's has its up and downs. Netflix doesn't have as many title selections as Hulu but Netflix is ALOT more reliable when it comes to streaming. Hulu sucks at streaming and has ads :/

Netflix has Family Guy and Bones, so I'm set Smile

"Here's the thing about rights. They're not supposed to be voted on. That's why they call them rights." -Rachel Maddow
21-04-2012, 02:53 PM
(21-04-2012 12:17 PM)J5Panda90 Wrote:  I use Netflix and Hulu on my PS3 and I'm cool with it. I only use the streaming version but it's has its up and downs. Netflix doesn't have as many title selections as Hulu but Netflix is ALOT more reliable when it comes to streaming. Hulu sucks at streaming and has ads :/

Netflix has Family Guy and Bones, so I'm set Smile
Hulu huh? Think I have seen some of my anime selection through Hulu....adds always interrupt about midway. It is annoying ....but bear with it.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
21-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I tend to watch documentaries on it. Otherwise I don't use it much.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Well why don't you just try http://www.tubeplus.me/browse/movies/ - TubePlus then?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-04-2012, 03:04 AM
you may find there be other "alternative" ways of watching movies and series online that are not bad, yarr?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
23-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I use the heck out of mine! I was surprised to find how good the mobile version works. Having netflix on my phone is really nice when I'm stuck out on the road. I like the tv shows. No commercials are awesome too. Haven't tried Hulu for mobile yet...? I hardly even watch cable anymore when I'm home. I do like to watch documentaries. Are there any good ones to look out for on netflix?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I killed my satellite TV in favor of Netflix. The American Netflix has a decent selection, but none of the really new and popular movies and not all of the best TV shows. It depends on what they're able to get the licenses to. The TV and movie companies are loath to make it easier for Netflix to make their titles available without being able to sell individual DVDs or digital downloads, and that won't happen in Netflix's buffet-style setup. They make Netflix pay huge amounts for the best titles.

But I like Netflix for its TV shows, BBC TV shows, foreign flicks, documentaries, and whatever other movies I can find worth watching. There is no where else that I've found in the US that you can have such easy access to movies and TV shows that aren't made in the US. But if you're looking to catch the best blockbuster movies and the newest episodes of TV shows, Netflix will disappoint.

Other than that- there's Sidereel, TVDuck, and a host of other sites out there that link to hosted content, which is sometimes less than honest. Wink

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post