Why is Obama quoting scripture in his speech?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: Why is Obama quoting scripture in his speech?
(22-11-2014 09:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 08:44 PM)unfogged Wrote:  But the immigration reform he's talking about affects largely Latinos

Oh alright, thought he was saying he was.

Heh-heh. No worries bud. Yes, I meant he was speaking to the Latinos that this largely affects and they came out in droves for him in 2008 and 2012, so he's paying it forward for 2016.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2014, 09:37 PM
(22-11-2014 09:34 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 09:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Oh alright, thought he was saying he was.

Heh-heh. No worries bud. Yes, I meant he was speaking to the Latinos that this largely affects and they came out in droves for him in 2008 and 2012, so he's paying it forward for 2016.

I mean this is his second term so I think it is more for his look now.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
22-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Nah, he wants to stick it to the Republicans and give his party a chance to rally in 2016.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-11-2014, 10:18 PM
(22-11-2014 10:09 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Nah, he wants to stick it to the Republicans and give his party a chance to rally in 2016.

That makes sense

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Because he's an American president?
25-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Why is a Christian quoting Christian scripture? We will answer this and more right after we tell you why the Pope is Catholic!

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
25-11-2014, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2014 07:07 PM by Sam.)
I wouldn't get too hung up over it.

He could quote anyone who ever said anything inspiring, just because it's from the bible doesn't mean he's favouring Christianity over any other world view...

If we're going to accept the bible as an influential piece of literature, then we mustn't go freaking out every time a politician or public figure quotes it... I mean, no one would take issue if Obama quoted the Iliad.

Just because it's mythological doesn't mean it doesn't contain poetic or profound passages.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
25-11-2014, 07:20 PM
(25-11-2014 05:33 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Why is a Christian quoting Christian scripture? We will answer this and more right after we tell you why the Pope is Catholic!

If you think Obama is a Christian you seriously misunderestimate (thanks Dubya!) the man's intellect and guile. He's not our first atheist President, that distinction goes to fatass Taft . But Obama is our first AntiChrist President. Silly goose.

#sigh