Why is america so christian?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-03-2015, 09:09 AM
RE: Why is america so christian?
Hey, new guy... this was posted 4 YEARS ago...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
05-03-2015, 09:26 AM
(26-04-2011 03:24 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  It's mainly the separation of church and state. Most Scandinavian states have national churches. The United States has none. Because of this the Christian church and it's many sects are able to spread and multiply because the state had no influence.

I think that, in addition, and probably because of it, it is very easy to form a church in America, thus, gain a flock of followers, avoid paying taxes, win friends and influence people, and make a lot of money.

Remember Flip Wilson's "The Church of What's Happening Now?"

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
05-03-2015, 09:42 AM
(05-03-2015 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hey, new guy... this was posted 4 YEARS ago...

Indeed, these drive by necroposters at times can be fun but this one is so old from this forum it lacks that element of having still current or recently current posters involved.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-03-2015, 11:18 AM
(26-04-2011 03:03 PM)Andy Wrote:  Hello fellow atheists!

I am a 23-year old ex-christian from Denmark, about to write an assignment with this paradox (i'm paraphrasing here):

The discoveries (modern biology, evolution, technological advancement etc) of the last 200 years or so, have led to a departure from the traditional christian faith in most of europe and especially in scandinavia. The development has been far from the same in the US. Why?

I would like you to write a short reply in which you describe why YOU think that people in the US have stuck with christianity much more than people in europe.

Thanks in advance

A colossal level of ignorance and low education, smothered in cultural influences and family traditions. Luckily it is on the decline...

EDIT: holy bat poop, 4 years old post? How deep did someone dig to find this? Blink Facepalm

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-03-2015, 11:48 AM
(05-03-2015 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hey, new guy... this was posted 4 YEARS ago...

Lol plus you can't win on the internet anyway.

Start a new topic? WHY DIDNT YOU USE THE SEARCH???

comment on an old thread? NECRO!!!
[+] 3 users Like TheStraightener's post
05-03-2015, 01:11 PM
(05-03-2015 09:42 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

Indeed, these drive by necroposters at times can be fun but this one is so old from this forum it lacks that element of having still current or recently current posters involved.

I usually don't check the dates until I see posts from people that came and went before I ever got here.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-03-2015, 01:18 PM
(05-03-2015 11:48 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  

Lol plus you can't win on the internet anyway.

Yeah you can. Posting on a forum isn't complicated.

1) Use the search tool to see if there are any topics you were going to post.
2) If there are recent ones (6 months is usually the cut off), then post in that one.
3) If there are old threads about the topic, you should never, ever necro it. Just start a new topic because then you're justified in doing it.

Like I said, pretty simple stuff.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-03-2015, 04:08 PM
It's because Christianity is the very foundation of the United States. And that foundation is under attack from atheist termites and Islam. Read the Declaration of Independence. Read the Articles of Confederation. Read the Constitution. Read the Federalist Papers. Read the Bill of Rights. You'll see.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-03-2015, 04:13 PM
(05-03-2015 01:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 11:48 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Lol plus you can't win on the internet anyway.

Yeah you can. Posting on a forum isn't complicated.

1) Use the search tool to see if there are any topics you were going to post.
2) If there are recent ones (6 months is usually the cut off), then post in that one.
3) If there are old threads about the topic, you should never, ever necro it. Just start a new topic because then you're justified in doing it.

Like I said, pretty simple stuff.

[Image: no.jpg]

#sigh
05-03-2015, 04:29 PM
This makes me want to necro the shit out of some threads just for shits and giggles.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post