Why is america so religious anyway?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Why is america so religious anyway?
For a country founded by deist, there has to be some reason this country is super religious. Does anyone know why?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Why is america so religious anyway?
religious freedom to do whatever played a large part in it. We got massive floods of repressed or oppressed people from other countries seeking a place to practice their religion. Than many of them were converted to christianity because of the freedom of speech gave people the impression that they have the right to shove their beliefs down the throats of others and form communities dedicated to persecuting and spreading propaganda against those that do not share their beliefs.

Then during the cold war, Fear of communism set in so much that we allowed that fear of commi's to let christians bypass the ultimate law of the land and have the us put their god on our money and pledge of allegiance. Also, because of our size and geographical distribution of religion, we have massive wide spread areas of heavy concentrations of fundi's.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
05-12-2014, 06:35 PM
I saw this documentary on Netflix about religion in America, I'm badly paraphrasing here, but they made the point that in countries like Britain it's like a state endorsed religion and is boring and stodgy.

In America though it's a three-ring circus, every off-the-wall belief is given an audience. The charlatans, the dangerously deluded, the mentally deranged are the ring leaders, it makes for an entertaining show.

A show where I want my damn money back! Angry

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
05-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Another contributing factor is probably the fact that unlike Europe, the US never had to suffer from the Catholic Church's exploits during the Middle Ages.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
05-12-2014, 06:43 PM
(05-12-2014 06:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Another contributing factor is probably the fact that unlike Europe, the US never had to suffer from the Catholic Church's exploits during the Middle Ages.

Also, we are still a relatively new country. Abrahamic religions have had thousands of years of terror in the other hemisphere.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
05-12-2014, 07:07 PM
(05-12-2014 06:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Another contributing factor is probably the fact that unlike Europe, the US never had to suffer from the Catholic Church's exploits during the Middle Ages.

And it might not ever. Unlike the middle ages we have technology, something christians nowadays will accept for a short amount of time in order to make sure that they can still survive longer.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Too many ignorant shitheads, especially in the south.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
05-12-2014, 08:12 PM
(05-12-2014 07:38 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Too many ignorant shitheads, especially in the south.

The ignorant shit heads are all over. The north has just as many. Please don't be one by stero typing us southerners.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
05-12-2014, 08:15 PM
(05-12-2014 08:12 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(05-12-2014 07:38 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Too many ignorant shitheads, especially in the south.

The ignorant shit heads are all over. The north has just as many. Please don't be one by stero typing us southerners.

^ he is right, though we are not as bad as the south, we are not far from them.

05-12-2014, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 08:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-12-2014 05:44 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  For a country founded by deist, there has to be some reason this country is super religious. Does anyone know why?

Simple. It's a great entrepreneurial business. You go on TV. Say "amen alleluia" every other word. People send you money. That's it. What a great business model ! Low barriers to entry. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post