Why is bestiality illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: Why is bestiality illegal?
(28-08-2012 06:34 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  Maybe I am readding some of the posts wrong, but I can not believe some of the people in here are insinuating that beastiality may be OK because we eat them with out their consent. There is no logic to thinking beastiality is OK.....period.

You haven't seen Erxy's sheep. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. I am not attempting to 'troll' you, although this is a controversial subject.

(27-08-2012 06:08 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Just pointing this out, but the same could be said about children and underaged sex. Rarely does bestiality consider the condition or desires of animals, since the zoophiliac is not an expert on canine (or what have you) psychology.

Children and animals are nothing alike, one will develop into an adult human for a start. Also it's not acceptable to eat children, race them, hunt them or make them fight against a matador.

A true zoophile loves animals like a homosexual loves other members of the same sex. There is no reason why a zoophile should not prioritize the well being of his animal lover.

Logica you seem to be concerned with animal rights, are you a vegetarian? I hope so as it would be hypocrisy to support the meat industry whilst denouncing bestiality.

(27-08-2012 06:12 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I can give a couple valid points.

Penises from other species can be and are dangerous to human anatomy, and can kill you.

You may carry diseases harmful to the animal, and the animal more than likely is carrying diseases, and parasites that are harmful to you.

Other than that. I'd say that is why it's illegal.

Good answers.

I don't think all animal penises are dangerous, and there is no reason why they should be if handled correctly. Also not all bestiality involves penetration from an animal.

As for disease, human sex can spread disease - your argument is no different to criminalizing sex with humans on the grounds that it spreads disease. Condoms would of course nullify your argument.

(27-08-2012 06:08 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  If you are prepared to call the domestication, slaughtering, and devouring of animals "abuse", I think you'd best start hating the majority of nature. Life is about consuming fellow life, and if that leads to a hypothetical scenario in which we were somehow in their shoes, so be it.

If you support eating meat because animals eat each other than you must support rape, no animal consents to sex as humans do. And humans know better than animals, we are able to sustain ourselves without killing for food.

Thanks once again for the replies, I enjoyed reading them.
Find all posts by this user
29-08-2012, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2012 11:19 AM by Vosur.)
Turns out he did come back, you have my apologies, Logica. Sleepy

Edit: That being said, I don't know why bestiality is illegal in certain countries. Peeps can fuck whatever every non-human creature for all I care. All I know is that it's legal in Germany. Here's a good overview of the legal situation concerning bestiality in different countries.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-08-2012, 12:49 PM
(29-08-2012 11:03 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  Children and animals are nothing alike, one will develop into an adult human for a start. Also it's not acceptable to eat children, race them, hunt them or make them fight against a matador.

There are minuscule differences between a human and that of the typical animal. Humans are animals.
This argument is not about eating an animal, it is about having sex with it.

(29-08-2012 11:03 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  A true zoophile loves animals like a homosexual loves other members of the same sex. There is no reason why a zoophile should not prioritize the well being of his animal lover.

It is an irrational generalization to assume that all people with a sexual attraction also appreciates the actual life and fairness of the animal. That is like saying that a person loves a prostitute because they are sexually attracted to her/him.

(29-08-2012 11:03 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  Logica you seem to be concerned with animal rights, are you a vegetarian? I hope so as it would be hypocrisy to support the meat industry whilst denouncing bestiality.

It is not hypocrisy. You are attempting to equate eating with an unstudied sexual orientation, this is not correct.

(29-08-2012 11:03 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  If you support eating meat because animals eat each other than you must support rape, no animal consents to sex as humans do. And humans know better than animals, we are able to sustain ourselves without killing for food.

You are putting words into my mouth. I simply said that if you are to criticize the eating of meat, you are to criticize the entirety of it, and not just humans.
You believe humans are morally superior, but compared to what? What is morality? What defines "good"?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
29-08-2012, 01:03 PM
(29-08-2012 11:03 AM)MisterMaggot Wrote:  If you support eating meat because animals eat each other than you must support rape, no animal consents to sex as humans do.

Sorry, no. You are obviously not familiar with biology. There are many species where the mating ritual appears not only consensual, but sensual, even romantic. Not to anthropomorphize, but you seem to be.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-08-2012, 01:10 PM
[Image: 2012-01-16.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
03-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Well, it's a novel argument in favor of vegetarianism, I'll give you that... Trying to pigeonhole people into either agreeing that both eating meat and screwing sheep should be wrong or that it is acceptable based on one's argument from consent. While consent is the normal argument, this approach is a bit disingenuous. Having sex with an animal is without its consent, just as it would be for kids, because they cannot understand and consent. For one, you can't communicate with them - you can only guess based on behaviors. That bit is easy to understand. But that's not the only problem with it - the behavior would be considered abuse and harmful to the animal in question (I really don't want to think about the logistics of "harm" since this is a really strange topic..... No Confused) and whether or not you are going to kill the animal for food, they should be treated humanely while alive and killed in a humane manner when time comes (quickly and painlessly). That rules out foie gras and some other foods as less-than-moral.

Then there's the social factor. It is strange behavior to desire to have intercourse with an animal, to say the least. I'm pretty sure it ranks significantly below pedos and incest. The mere hint that you're interested in such a thing would make 99.999999% of individuals shriek, run away and consider you an abomination.

Then you'll have the fundies screaming about how they were right, gay marriage / acceptability is a slippery slope leading to bestiality.

I like this forum for its openness to discussing pretty much everything, but this is one topic that I would never have liked to see... Blink Gotta think that any new visitors running across the site would see this thread and run away with the impression that us atheists are a weird group of freaks...

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
06-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Well they can't really consent since they won't understand what they are doing and most animals don't even have sex for pleasure, just procreation. So, it's really not meant to happen, if someone has sex with a dog I doubt the dog is getting anything out of it.
07-09-2012, 10:04 AM
(29-08-2012 12:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You believe humans are morally superior, but compared to what? What is morality? What defines "good"?

Communities of people, by way of implict and explicit social agreements, determine the relative value systems for progressing the community towards its betterment; and those communities with poor organization of values fail relative to the larger economic system of society.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
07-09-2012, 10:54 AM
(07-09-2012 10:04 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(29-08-2012 12:49 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You believe humans are morally superior, but compared to what? What is morality? What defines "good"?

Communities of people, by way of implict and explicit social agreements, determine the relative value systems for progressing the community towards its betterment; and those communities with poor organization of values fail relative to the larger economic system of society.

You are thinking of ethics.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]