Why is bestiality illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2012, 11:34 AM
RE: Why is bestiality illegal?
(07-09-2012 10:54 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:04 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Communities of people, by way of implict and explicit social agreements, determine the relative value systems for progressing the community towards its betterment; and those communities with poor organization of values fail relative to the larger economic system of society.

You are thinking of ethics.

I think Ethics is the study and comparison of morality systems. I am trying to describe the practical exercise of morality; and I see religions and political parties as the organizations that do exercise morality systems. Just like religions, political parties claim their value system is for the betterment of the community.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I am not for or against bestiality Logica. (concerning the old post of yours answering mine). I only say that making it illegal because the animal can't conscent to the act is a weak argument. I don't care if it is a dog, cat, horse, or whatever. A government has to make it legal or illegal for good reasons, that are not biased but well thought out and researched.
If I (the government) make it illegal I can name reasons like... dunno, research A shows that animals feel unessasary pain during the act, research B shows that so and so many animals die of the consequenses of bestiality, research C shows that so and so many people just do it to hurt, etc
Or I (the government) make it legal because research A shows that under certain circumstances both parties in the act enjoyed it and research B shows that no animals have been hurt during the act, and research C shows that the animal approached the human first and not the other way around...
You know what I mean?

I personally have a friend who is into bestiality. We had long talks about it because I was really weirded out about that. In the end I simply accept it as her preference. I don't have to share it, and I know her well enough to know that she would never force her dogs to anything and she would never hurt them either.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
07-09-2012, 01:25 PM
(07-09-2012 11:40 AM)Leela Wrote:  I am not for or against bestiality Logica. (concerning the old post of yours answering mine). I only say that making it illegal because the animal can't conscent to the act is a weak argument. I don't care if it is a dog, cat, horse, or whatever. A government has to make it legal or illegal for good reasons, that are not biased but well thought out and researched.
If I (the government) make it illegal I can name reasons like... dunno, research A shows that animals feel unessasary pain during the act, research B shows that so and so many animals die of the consequenses of bestiality, research C shows that so and so many people just do it to hurt, etc
Or I (the government) make it legal because research A shows that under certain circumstances both parties in the act enjoyed it and research B shows that no animals have been hurt during the act, and research C shows that the animal approached the human first and not the other way around...
You know what I mean?

I personally have a friend who is into bestiality. We had long talks about it because I was really weirded out about that. In the end I simply accept it as her preference. I don't have to share it, and I know her well enough to know that she would never force her dogs to anything and she would never hurt them either.

You think it is okay to have sex with an organism that can't consent? Really? So if a pedophile were to have sex with a child, you'd be okay with it? If the organism cannot consent, how do we know if it is being raped or not?

As I have said, the reasons it is banned is because of the lack of research. Not much is known about it, and until you produce a control group who is willing to participate, it will go unresearched. We don't know the repercussions, effects, or psyche of any organism involved. Is it genetic? Is it psychological? Is it mental illness? Is it a legitimate sexual orientation? Why legalize it if none of these questions are answered?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
(07-09-2012 11:34 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 10:54 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You are thinking of ethics.

I think Ethics is the study and comparison of morality systems. I am trying to describe the practical exercise of morality; and I see religions and political parties as the organizations that do exercise morality systems. Just like religions, political parties claim their value system is for the betterment of the community.

Hm.

Quote:mo·ral·i·ty/məˈralətē/
Noun:
Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

Quote:ethicsplural of eth·ics (Noun)
Noun:
Moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior.
The moral correctness of specified conduct.

07-09-2012, 01:49 PM
I do not think those definitions conflict with what I described.

The morality definitons are more close than the Ethics definitons. I think the Ethics definition you gave is trying to describe the practical exercise of comparing moralities, "moral correctness." Which seems to imply that some moralities are better than others???
Quote:Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that involves systematizing, defending, and recommending concepts of right and wrong behavior.[1]

Major areas of study in ethics may be divided into 3 operational areas:[1]

Meta-ethics, about the theoretical meaning and reference of moral propositions and how their truth values (if any) may be determined;
Normative ethics, about the practical means of determining a moral course of action;
Applied ethics, about how moral outcomes can be achieved in specific situations;
Quote:Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") is the differentiation of intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good (or right) and those that are bad (or wrong). A moral code is a system of morality (according to a particular philosophy, religion, culture, etc.) and a moral is any one practice or teaching within a moral code. The adjective moral is synonymous with "good" or "right." Immorality is the active opposition to morality (i.e. good or right), while amorality is variously defined as an unawareness of, indifference toward, or disbelief in any set of moral standards or principles.[1][2][3][4] An example of a moral code is the Golden Rule which states that, "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself."

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
07-09-2012, 04:51 PM
(07-09-2012 01:28 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
Quote:mo·ral·i·ty/məˈralətē/
Noun:
Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.

Quote:ethicsplural of eth·ics (Noun)
Noun:
Moral principles that govern a person's or group's behavior.
The moral correctness of specified conduct.

You described ethics.

08-09-2012, 03:58 PM
(07-09-2012 01:25 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  As I have said, the reasons it is banned is because of the lack of research.
Why do you think that it is legal in so many countries? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-09-2012, 05:20 PM
(08-09-2012 03:58 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-09-2012 01:25 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  As I have said, the reasons it is banned is because of the lack of research.
Why do you think that it is legal in so many countries? Consider

Because they do not believe it is a concern.

08-09-2012, 05:33 PM
(08-09-2012 05:20 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Because they do not believe it is a concern.
Well, has anyone successfully demonstrated that it is one?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-09-2012, 05:36 PM
(08-09-2012 05:33 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 05:20 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Because they do not believe it is a concern.
Well, has anyone successfully demonstrated that it is one?

How can they do so when so little research has gone into it? I think it should be researched before it is legalized. If countries legalize it without doing so, that's their decision. I don't support it, but what am I going to do about it?