Why is bestiality illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: Why is bestiality illegal?
(08-09-2012 05:36 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  How can they do so when so little research has gone into it? I think it should be researched before it is legalized. If countries legalize it without doing so, that's their decision. I don't support it, but what am I going to do about it?
What kind of research is supposed to be done before legalizing it?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2012, 06:00 PM
(03-09-2012 11:34 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Well, it's a novel argument in favor of vegetarianism, I'll give you that... Trying to pigeonhole people into either agreeing that both eating meat and screwing sheep should be wrong or that it is acceptable based on one's argument from consent. While consent is the normal argument, this approach is a bit disingenuous. Having sex with an animal is without its consent, just as it would be for kids, because they cannot understand and consent. For one, you can't communicate with them - you can only guess based on behaviors. That bit is easy to understand. But that's not the only problem with it - the behavior would be considered abuse and harmful to the animal in question (I really don't want to think about the logistics of "harm" since this is a really strange topic..... No Confused) and whether or not you are going to kill the animal for food, they should be treated humanely while alive and killed in a humane manner when time comes (quickly and painlessly). That rules out foie gras and some other foods as less-than-moral.

Then there's the social factor. It is strange behavior to desire to have intercourse with an animal, to say the least. I'm pretty sure it ranks significantly below pedos and incest. The mere hint that you're interested in such a thing would make 99.999999% of individuals shriek, run away and consider you an abomination.

Then you'll have the fundies screaming about how they were right, gay marriage / acceptability is a slippery slope leading to bestiality.

I like this forum for its openness to discussing pretty much everything, but this is one topic that I would never have liked to see... Blink Gotta think that any new visitors running across the site would see this thread and run away with the impression that us atheists are a weird group of freaks...

You must of missed the two give pedophiles a chance threads.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-09-2012, 06:11 PM
(08-09-2012 05:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 05:36 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  How can they do so when so little research has gone into it? I think it should be researched before it is legalized. If countries legalize it without doing so, that's their decision. I don't support it, but what am I going to do about it?

What causes it. The repercussions to the psyche of both (or more) participants. You know, the basic questions I'd want to know about homosexuality, which already have been answered.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
09-09-2012, 06:03 AM
(08-09-2012 06:11 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 05:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What kind of research is supposed to be done before legalizing it?

What causes it. The repercussions to the psyche of both (or more) participants. You know, the basic questions I'd want to know about homosexuality, which already have been answered.
Was there any research necessary before legalizing homosexuality? Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-09-2012, 09:49 AM
(08-09-2012 06:00 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 11:34 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  Well, it's a novel argument in favor of vegetarianism, I'll give you that... Trying to pigeonhole people into either agreeing that both eating meat and screwing sheep should be wrong or that it is acceptable based on one's argument from consent. While consent is the normal argument, this approach is a bit disingenuous. Having sex with an animal is without its consent, just as it would be for kids, because they cannot understand and consent. For one, you can't communicate with them - you can only guess based on behaviors. That bit is easy to understand. But that's not the only problem with it - the behavior would be considered abuse and harmful to the animal in question (I really don't want to think about the logistics of "harm" since this is a really strange topic..... No Confused) and whether or not you are going to kill the animal for food, they should be treated humanely while alive and killed in a humane manner when time comes (quickly and painlessly). That rules out foie gras and some other foods as less-than-moral.

Then there's the social factor. It is strange behavior to desire to have intercourse with an animal, to say the least. I'm pretty sure it ranks significantly below pedos and incest. The mere hint that you're interested in such a thing would make 99.999999% of individuals shriek, run away and consider you an abomination.

Then you'll have the fundies screaming about how they were right, gay marriage / acceptability is a slippery slope leading to bestiality.

I like this forum for its openness to discussing pretty much everything, but this is one topic that I would never have liked to see... Blink Gotta think that any new visitors running across the site would see this thread and run away with the impression that us atheists are a weird group of freaks...

You must of missed the two give pedophiles a chance threads.

Saw 'em, but I'm pretty sure I didn't choose to comment. Equally embarrassing - and for some of the same reasons. Just adds to the perception that we're freaks.

Better without God, and happier too.
09-09-2012, 10:00 AM
(09-09-2012 06:03 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 06:11 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What causes it. The repercussions to the psyche of both (or more) participants. You know, the basic questions I'd want to know about homosexuality, which already have been answered.
Was there any research necessary before legalizing homosexuality? Wink

I believe it was. If I had no idea about what caused the sexual orientation, or what the repercussions of it was, I would want research before its legalization.

09-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Why is bestiality illegal?
(08-09-2012 05:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Are you asking because you're thinking about volunteering? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
(09-09-2012 11:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(08-09-2012 05:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What kind of research is supposed to be done before legalizing it?

Are you asking because you're thinking about volunteering? Consider

No, though I have stated as to why researching it would be an issue. The trouble would be finding a control group that is willing to participate.

09-09-2012, 09:44 PM

10-09-2012, 01:05 AM
I don't want to know anyone who loves sheep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRE9qOgbug