Why is bestiality illegal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2012, 11:44 PM
RE: Why is bestiality illegal?
(03-11-2012 05:18 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 04:20 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  This is a woman taking advantage of an animals sexual instincts, yes, but does that mean it's rape?

Yes that is exactly what rape is. That's the basis if date rape which is taking advantage of the other party.
y

Actually, rape is defined in several different ways. Many of those ways involve force and/or duress (doing something that the party in question does not want to do).

Having said that, even if you define the simple act of taking advantage of an animal's sexual instincts as rape; it doesn't mean the animal is being harmed physically or mentally. As I stated already, animals do not reason as you do. With animals, it's really very simple - if they object, they will express it through growls, biting, kicking, moving away, etc. If they don't give a shit, they will not object. It warrants no further investigation.

Thus, there is no good reason for bestiality to be illegal.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Re: RE: Why is bestiality illegal?
(03-11-2012 11:44 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 05:18 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yes that is exactly what rape is. That's the basis if date rape which is taking advantage of the other party.
y

Actually, rape is defined in several different ways. Many of those ways involve force and/or duress (doing something that the party in question does not want to do).

Having said that, even if you define the simple act of taking advantage of an animal's sexual instincts as rape; it doesn't mean the animal is being harmed physically or mentally. As I stated already, animals do not reason as you do. With animals, it's really very simple - if they object, they will express it through growls, biting, kicking, moving away, etc. If they don't give a shit, they will not object. It warrants no further investigation.

"If a girl objects, she will express it through yells, biting, kicking, moving away, etc. If they don't give a shit, they will not object. It warrants no further investigation." (yes a guy can be raped too even though I used girl in the context.)

What your argument is, is the Senator Todd Aiken "not legitimate rape" statement. It's the case saying, you didn't do all you could if you really tried to stop it; therefore, it's not really rape.

That is what happens in countless cases of date rape that occur weekly. Not aggressively resisting does not equal agreement or make it okay.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
08-11-2012, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 05:14 PM by Azaraith.)
Re: Why is bestiality illegal?
Rolleyes

We need a facepalm smiley. This resurrected thread is full of fail. This is the kind of thread that would make most theists say "Yep, atheists are just a bunch of amoral perverts out to screw animals and molest my kids."

All this makes me think is, does OP just want validation to screw his pooch? And then I want to vomit at the thought...

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
09-11-2012, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 03:04 PM by Misanthropik.)
(06-11-2012 01:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 11:44 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Actually, rape is defined in several different ways. Many of those ways involve force and/or duress (doing something that the party in question does not want to do).

"If a girl objects, she will express it through yells, biting, kicking, moving away, etc. If they don't give a shit, they will not object. It warrants no further investigation." (yes a guy can be raped too even though I used girl in the context.)

What your argument is, is the Senator Todd Aiken "not legitimate rape" statement. It's the case saying, you didn't do all you could if you really tried to stop it; therefore, it's not really rape.

That is what happens in countless cases of date rape that occur weekly. Not aggressively resisting does not equal agreement or make it okay.
Whatever you say, bud. I'm not worried about it. Drinking Beverage

Edit: No, sorry, I can't let this go.

Once again, you're looking through Human goggles to project your ethics and ideals onto animals; who do not reason as you do. The whole "legitimate rape" argument is absurd when applied to people, who are complex and have extreme degrees of emotion and feelings of self-worth, etc. But animals are different. I realize, of course, that Humans ARE animals, but animals are not Humans. As I've repeated more times than I ever thought I'd have to, they do not reason as you do. It truly is, as I stated, "really very simple". For a person, you're right; not aggressively resisting does not necessarily make it ok. However, when we're talking about animals, we must switch to an all new format - if you will - in order to draw any conclusions. To illustrate, you're sitting here telling me that it's not ok to put metal in the dishwasher because you're reading from the microwave manual. What you need to do is put down the fucking microwave manual and read from the dishwasher manual. Things work differently with a dishwasher than they do a microwave.

In the Human context, your arguments against me would be valid. In the animal context, things are different.

That's the last time I'm going to explain it, because I've done so as clearly as I can thus far. If you don't get it, you don't get it. It is of no consequence to me. I'm done.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2012, 05:33 AM
(09-11-2012 02:50 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 01:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  "If a girl objects, she will express it through yells, biting, kicking, moving away, etc. If they don't give a shit, they will not object. It warrants no further investigation." (yes a guy can be raped too even though I used girl in the context.)

Whatever you say, bud. I'm not worried about it. Drinking Beverage

Edit: No, sorry, I can't let this go.

Once again, you're looking through Human goggles to project your ethics and ideals onto animals; who do not reason as you do. The whole "legitimate rape" argument is absurd when applied to people, who are complex and have extreme degrees of emotion and feelings of self-worth, etc. But animals are different. I realize, of course, that Humans ARE animals, but animals are not Humans. As I've repeated more times than I ever thought I'd have to, they do not reason as you do. It truly is, as I stated, "really very simple". For a person, you're right; not aggressively resisting does not necessarily make it ok. However, when we're talking about animals, we must switch to an all new format - if you will - in order to draw any conclusions. To illustrate, you're sitting here telling me that it's not ok to put metal in the dishwasher because you're reading from the microwave manual. What you need to do is put down the fucking microwave manual and read from the dishwasher manual. Things work differently with a dishwasher than they do a microwave.

In the Human context, your arguments against me would be valid. In the animal context, things are different.

That's the last time I'm going to explain it, because I've done so as clearly as I can thus far. If you don't get it, you don't get it. It is of no consequence to me. I'm done.

It is illegal for two main reasons that I can come up with. Insurance does not want to pay for it when you get injured by an animal saying no, and it would undermine the power that womens groups have if their husbands could get laid anywhere at any time with any thing. I am joking a bit of course, but I know the second one is the main reason why womens groups are so against prostitution. If guys can go anywhere for it, it becomes stupid to with hold sex because you are angry about something.
07-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Think of the kids! (baby goats)

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
06-11-2013, 03:46 PM
(10-09-2012 01:56 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 01:22 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Sticking dildos in animals is now considered research?!?!

Studying the effects of inter-species sex is research.
How would you like this study to be done?
06-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Bestiality is not explicitly illegal in:

Alaska
Arizona
Colorado
Connecticut
Florida
Hawaii
Iowa
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
Ohio
Oregon
South Dakota
Texas
Vermont
Washington
West Virginia
Finland
Denmark
Germany
Mexico

*although in the US it is highly likely that you'll still be charged with a crime. The last I checked it is still illegal to have intercourse with a porcupine on the beach in Florida so that's definitely out. Sorry, new guy, if you want to go down on a mule I'd say Mexico is your best bet.
06-11-2013, 04:17 PM
(12-11-2012 05:33 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  the main reason why womens groups are so against prostitution. If guys can go anywhere for it, it becomes stupid to with hold sex because you are angry about something.

Please tell me this is not serious?
[+] 2 users Like LostandInsecure's post
06-11-2013, 05:14 PM
The way I see it is if we could show they enjoy it then it's fine. The comparison to children is wrong and frankly a little insulting, I mean you just compared a persons sexual/emotional partner to that of a stupid child. Really what it comes down to is reaserch, we need to know more to make an informed dission, but I would put forth that any long term zoophile has probably already done tests on their animal to see if they enjoy it which makes me feel better. Now all we need is a formal study to really drive it home.