Why is god surprised by our behavior?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Why is god surprised by our behavior?
(12-12-2013 10:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 10:51 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  okay I get that the preordained stuff is just gonna be sisyphean to discuss KC, but I want to know if the elect is given vouchers every year and if there is a limited supply? Would you also have to be a member of the official Jesus fan club to be even considered? That is..there are all these other 20,000+ denominations who claim to be the official Jesus Fan club.

Just so you know, I usually actively ignore snark and am under no obligation to respond.

But as for your question, no one knows who is elect nor the limit to it. That is something only God knows.
That was meant to be an analogy but whatever, thanks. I suppose it is freeing to not worry about who God is going to pick. You don't have to pretend to be good you just are and ultimately what you do doesn't affect your chances like most religions do. I just don't like the idea of extreme micromanaging by a superior being. That said it could make an interesting philosophy, it's true many things we can't control and some decisions you have to think did you even have the choice? Some things happen instantly that you can't second guess, you just do. Of course that opens the question why did you just decide something so quickly, is that from your own life experience or something else? But I get it now. No more flak from meBig Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 11:56 AM
(11-12-2013 10:56 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Estimates of total miscarriage rate from conception are as high as 70%. If life begins at conception and the age of accountability doctrine is accurate, yes, a majority of people are saved, despite the position that a majority of those who make it to adulthood are condemned.

Which means that God is pro (His) choice. He ranks easily as the top abortionist in the history of the Universe, by far. It might be that He does not approve (our) abortions because of the overpopulation of souls in Heaven who cannot even speak, who knows?

But I wonder why those miscarriaged embryos have such a huge advantage. No risk and a lot of fun, so to speak. Lucky them.

That raises another question. Can you be saved and then lose your saved status? According to some fundies you can't, but this is obviously absurd. Just take an unsaved person: wasn't she saved when she was just an embryo?

And then another: was Jesus really the only person without sin? If yes, what kind of sin did those miscarriaged persons do?

Ciao

- viole
12-12-2013, 11:57 AM
(12-12-2013 10:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 10:51 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  okay I get that the preordained stuff is just gonna be sisyphean to discuss KC, but I want to know if the elect is given vouchers every year and if there is a limited supply? Would you also have to be a member of the official Jesus fan club to be even considered? That is..there are all these other 20,000+ denominations who claim to be the official Jesus Fan club.

Just so you know, I usually actively ignore snark and am under no obligation to respond.

But as for your question, no one knows who is elect nor the limit to it. That is something only God knows.

I may request in advance that you make an exception in my case for I am very adept at snark. Over the years running into complete morons on the internet I've developed snark into a quality language which runs in my head. Forgive in advance for the snarkness that may yet be seen. Sometimes it slips out like turrets. Shocking

*giggle snort*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.