Why is it...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Why is it...
Why is it that people think it's ok to go out in public when they're literally fuming with the Flu?

I was at the pharmacy picking some things up for ol' grandma (nice guy that I am Dodgy ) and standing in front of me in line is a priest or minister or some shit with religious garb draped across his shoulders. He looks to be about 90, so I figure that his coughing and hacking (all over the place) is one of the usual side-effects of old age. So I'm behind him; breathing his air each time we move forward, and watching as he coughs and spews all over the counter and pen used to sign receipts. After a while, I'm reminded of the Flu epidemic that's plaguing America at the moment, and I start to realize that he's coughing a little too much for simply being an old guy. Then, as he's conversing merily with the woman behind the counter, he leans in (right into her face) and tells her that he's "got the Flu that's going around" and that it's now making his throat sore. Angry

I'm incredibly pissed off right now because I didn't get my shot this year. I'm a sitting duck.

And really, I'm not sure what I'm more pissed off about. The fact that he carelessly spewed his infection in everyone's face; the fact that he carelessly coughed into his hands and then used them to touch counters and sign his name; the fact that I was just there trying to be a nice guy in the first place; or the fact that it was a fucking priest who just infected me with his plague! (Laugh it up, God.)

If anyone ever wondered why I could be so audacious as to detest my fellow Man; this is why. We're disgusting. We're mushy sacks of infectious meat who cough and breath our air in and out of moist, mucous-dripping orifices which serve as perfect breeding grounds for all sorts of vicious little viruses and bacteria. Then we congregate our warm, saggy bodies in close quarters so we can breathe each other's air and infect everyone else with whatever affliction that plagues us. And now I'm probably gonna have to suffer for it.

[Image: tumblr_lqepeyr8MH1qdn4gv.gif]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: Why is it...
The first thing that popped into my mind is I hope you found a bathroom and washed your hands right a way. But I do agree with what you said. We are told if we are sick to not come to work. I was off for two weeks around Christmas with pneumonia. The doctor said you need to stay away from sick ppl for a while I said you don't want me to go to work then.

In the old guys defense maybe he didn't have a nice grandchild like you to help him out. Sleepy

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
18-01-2013, 07:20 PM
I drove straight to the grocery store and scrubbed my hands with those sanitation wipes they have for shopping carts. Then I went to the med. section and bought a bottle of 91% rubbing alcohol and bathed my hands in it in the parking lot.

I'm weird about sickness. lol

Still, he was coughing and breathing all over me; there's no way I didn't inhale some of his disease. Dodgy

18-01-2013, 07:25 PM
That's true but at least your hands were clean. Wink Hope you used one of those whips on your steering wheel. lol Seriously I hope you don't get sick cause this flu is kicking people asses.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
18-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Steering wheel, keys, iPod, pocket I got my debit card from; everything. I'm very thorough. Big Grin

If I do get it, I'm relying on my last line of defense:
[Image: jack+daniels.jpg]
(A long-shot, perhaps, but it's worth a try)

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
18-01-2013, 08:42 PM
I love going to the store and having snotty-nosed, wheezing, hacking kids touching EVERYTHING after wiping their noses with their hands...yeah mom, thanks for that.

I always feel like I need a Lysol shower and I need to irrigate my nose, ears, eyes, and throat with bleach.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
18-01-2013, 08:47 PM
(18-01-2013 08:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I love going to the store and having snotty-nosed, wheezing, hacking kids touching EVERYTHING after wiping their noses with their hands...yeah mom, thanks for that.

I always feel like I need a Lysol shower and I need to irrigate my nose, ears, eyes, and throat with bleach.

What doesn't kill you ... Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
18-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Well, just to be extra sure...I get a flu shot every October...and avoid small children.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-01-2013, 09:55 PM
(18-01-2013 08:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I love going to the store and having snotty-nosed, wheezing, hacking kids touching EVERYTHING after wiping their noses with their hands...yeah mom, thanks for that.

I can't cite a source, unfortunately, but studies have been done which yielded traces of everything from Rhinovirus to human feces on shopping-cart handles.

So...know that. Drinking Beverage

19-01-2013, 07:59 AM
(18-01-2013 08:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, just to be extra sure...I get a flu shot every October...and avoid small children.
Roasting them at 350° for 15 minutes per pound will kill the germs. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post