Why is it...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 08:31 AM
RE: Why is it...
Quote:I was at the pharmacy

Whatever it is you have to say beyond this point has just been made completely pointless and stupid because of those 5 little words.
Those 5 little words also happen to be your answer.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-01-2013, 09:31 AM
I work in a Veterans' hospital, where they are always sick with SOMETHING. San Antonio has a huge military and veteran population, so you can imagine how prevalent the Flu epidemic is here. (When I worked for Brooks City-Base doing Swine Flu surveillance, we were so busy that we had to come in on Saturdays to catch up.)

Whenever I see a lot of hacking and coughing going around, I wear a mask even if I'm not sick.

Hell, I'm wearing one now.

I'm not sure if your local drugstore carries them, but you could go by a clinic or hospital and ask for one and they will gladly give it to you so you could protect yourself. You might get funny stares, but at least you won't have to deal with breathing in whatever someone just coughed out around you.

Just remember to wash your hands often, and thououghly. Anyone in the medical field will tell you that handwashing is the single most effective way to lessen the spread of most communicable diseases (outside of STDs).

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
[+] 1 user Likes thewellkeptwoman's post
19-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Well, in regard to the stares, I recently had to take one of two lower lip piercings out so that it can be re-pierced, so for the next couple of weeks, I'll be getting weird stares because of the metal stud I have hanging haphazardly from one side of my face. Laughat

Suddenly a mask doesn't seem so bad. Laugh out load

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
19-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm not as severely phobic about germs as you are most of the time. I do wash my hands a lot and I am aware of what I'm touching (my job keeps me aware)....until I hit a doctors office....

Oh I am so paranoid about touching ANYTHING. I dropped my keys one time on the exam room floor and I was -so- upset. I used the provided hand sanitizer and soaked those suckers. Ugh just thinking about it now freaks me out.

I have one of those body works and body works hand sanitizer holders that sits on a keyring. Its worth getting if you dont have one.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
19-01-2013, 07:48 PM
(19-01-2013 07:36 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm not as severely phobic about germs as you are most of the time. I do wash my hands a lot and I am aware of what I'm touching (my job keeps me aware)....until I hit a doctors office....

Oh I am so paranoid about touching ANYTHING. I dropped my keys one time on the exam room floor and I was -so- upset. I used the provided hand sanitizer and soaked those suckers. Ugh just thinking about it now freaks me out.

I have one of those body works and body works hand sanitizer holders that sits on a keyring. Its worth getting if you dont have one.
I refuse to use that stuff. I don't like the way my hands feel and it smells funny. Good old soap and water is good enough for me. And I wash my hands a lot.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
19-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm not very phobic of germs in general - I've got an immune system for a reason - but when I know that somebody has some form of pestillence and they're around me, I flip a shit. That's when I start sterilizing everything and burning whatever furniture they've touched. lol

19-01-2013, 08:16 PM
(19-01-2013 08:11 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm not very phobic of germs in general - I've got an immune system for a reason - but when I know that somebody has some form of pestillence and they're around me, I flip a shit. That's when I start sterilizing everything and burning whatever furniture they've touched. lol

And yet you put holes in your body allowing any manner of pathogen free entry. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-01-2013, 08:20 PM
(19-01-2013 08:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 08:11 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm not very phobic of germs in general - I've got an immune system for a reason - but when I know that somebody has some form of pestillence and they're around me, I flip a shit. That's when I start sterilizing everything and burning whatever furniture they've touched. lol

And yet you put holes in your body allowing any manner of pathogen free entry. Consider
Oh Chas youre gonna give him a panic attack Tongue

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
19-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Blank. Blank blank blank, blank blank blank. Blank blank blank blank blank.

Can't argue with that Tongue

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
19-01-2013, 09:17 PM
(19-01-2013 08:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Well, I've already got 5 holes through which any pathogen may enter (6 if we count certain forms of unmentionable sexual experimentation). I figured 2 more, much smaller holes wasn't gonna make much of a difference. Big Grin