Why is it ok to hate fat people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2012, 07:51 AM
RE: Why is it ok to hate fat people?
(24-04-2012 07:47 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 07:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This goes for any fulfilled stereotype.
This brings me to another question probably deserving of it's own thread. If sterotypes are true why do we call them sterotypes?
Because facts are racists.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-04-2012, 07:54 AM
(24-04-2012 07:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 07:47 AM)germanyt Wrote:  This brings me to another question probably deserving of it's own thread. If sterotypes are true why do we call them sterotypes?
Because facts are racists.
And fatist.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-04-2012, 07:58 AM
(24-04-2012 07:54 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 07:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because facts are racists.
And fatist.
And homophobic.

24-04-2012, 08:01 AM
And hydrophobic.

[Image: opforum1.png]
24-04-2012, 08:08 AM
(24-04-2012 08:01 AM)frankiej Wrote:  And hydrophobic.
And hydroponic.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-04-2012, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 08:22 AM by TrainWreck.)
(21-04-2012 12:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't 'hate' overweight people but I often wonder why they don't do something about it. Don't flame me, I know there are a lot of things at play. But I would watch my friend eat massive amounts of food while complaining that she couldn't lose any weight. I often am puzzled as to how people let themselves get so big. There were women I worked with that spent the day eating at their desks and also had a lunch that would have fed me for a couple days. If I notice my weight going up or my clothes feeling tighter, I back off snacks first and I long ago stopped getting seconds at a meal.
I would agree with this is how I understand that I manage my weight.

In my contemplations I believe that I lack better fitness, because of the lack, or inadequacy, of health/cooking/nutrition education in my elementary schooling; and I wonder if the emphasis on other disciplines is over-blown? It's a difficult problem, because underpriviledged children are probably at a considerable disadvantage, because adequate health education would enter into criticising the personal homelife of the child and his family - why don't they know how to do things right?

(23-04-2012 04:32 PM)Thomas Wrote:  An Economist makes the argument that being ugly surpasses all other forms of discrimination.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/28/opinio...-case.html
Attractive people enjoy the halo effect. They are thought of a smarter, more ethical, and harder working.
The income difference can be as much as $250,000 in a life time.
It's true, because I am not very attractive and I do not want to work, but the psychiatrist diagnosed me as schizophrenic.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
24-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Hey, Germany.

Quote:If sterotypes are true why do we call them sterotypes?

Because they aren't true.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
24-04-2012, 08:20 AM
(24-04-2012 08:15 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Germany.

Matt
So, we are imagining fat people stuffing themselves with fatty foods?

Got ya. Thanks for clearing that up.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-04-2012, 08:21 AM
I hear that fat people always go for the salad.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
24-04-2012, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 08:29 AM by germanyt.)
(24-04-2012 08:08 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(21-04-2012 12:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't 'hate' overweight people but I often wonder why they don't do something about it. Don't flame me, I know there are a lot of things at play. But I would watch my friend eat massive amounts of food while complaining that she couldn't lose any weight. I often am puzzled as to how people let themselves get so big. There were women I worked with that spent the day eating at their desks and also had a lunch that would have fed me for a couple days. If I notice my weight going up or my clothes feeling tighter, I back off snacks first and I long ago stopped getting seconds at a meal.
I would agree with this is how I understand that I manage my weight.

In my contemplations I believe that I lack better fitness, because of the lack, or inadequacy, of health/cooking/nutrition education in my elementary schools; and I wonder if the emphasis on other disciplines is over-blown?
Without a solid diet there is no point in trying anything else. I would first recommend including more chicken breast and brown rice into your diet. It's dirt cheap and super easy to calculate macronutrients.
http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/caloriede...ulator.php Use this or another calculator to get an idea of how much you should be eating for your desired result. And here's an easy way to only have to cook 2 or 3 times a week. Take 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them into small pieces. Let's say 2 cm sized pieces. Put a few tablespoons of EV olive oil in a large sautee pan and lighly fry. Toss in veggies of your choice. I always go with onions, peppers, celery, etc. Get some good stir fry action going and add seasoning to taste. Combine chicken with 1.5 cups of cooked brown rice per breast. So ~10-11 in this case. Mix together and fry in pan until rice is starting to crisp a little. You can also at this point add something like soy or lemon pepper sauce if you wish. Keep in fridge and eat 2 cups worth 3 times a day. Or separate into 7 individual containers and take em on the go.
(24-04-2012 08:15 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Germany.

Matt
They aren't?
(24-04-2012 08:21 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I hear that fat people always go for the salad.
Just an excuse to be near the buttermilk ranch dressing.

(23-04-2012 04:32 PM)Thomas Wrote:  An Economist makes the argument that being ugly surpasses all other forms of discrimination.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/28/opinio...-case.html
Attractive people enjoy the halo effect. They are thought of a smarter, more ethical, and harder working.
The income difference can be as much as $250,000 in a life time.
That doesn't surprise me. If I were a business owner I would want the most attractive staff I could find. As the owner it's my responsibility to hire those that will benefit the business and the customers. Just look at Hooters. They wouldn't exist if they hired women that look like Kathy Bates.

-Mark Twain