Why is it ok to hate fat people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2012, 11:08 AM
RE: Why is it ok to hate fat people?
Using the stereotype card is a cheap shit excuse to remain bigotted.

Yeah, I went there, bitches.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2012, 11:15 AM
(24-04-2012 11:06 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Stereotypes are grounded in truth. What's bad about stereotyping is that it assumes this truth is accurate 100% of the time. Also bad is that a lot of it also involves a great deal of subjectivity.

Trust me, I'm an Asian male living in America, I know...

Yea yea, I bring up my race a lot. What can I say other than that I've been through shit.
I shall call you twinkie and you shall be my twinkie. Big Grin

Great post above about airline seats. Whole post was spot on.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-04-2012, 11:15 AM
My mom was of the type who gained weight looking at a donut. She struggled with weight until she was 65 or so. Then she decided to just screw it and had a cup of black coffe for breakfast, a big bowl of lettuce with lemon juice for lunch, and one slice of bread with ham or turkey for dinner - every day for the rest of her life. (15 years). That was the only way she could keep the weight off.

You guys and your low calorie diets just don't get it. It only works for people who pig out on occasion and gain a few pounds. It doesn't work for people who are genetically programmed to store fat. Not all fat people eat all the time.

I struggle with it too. My saving grace is the diet I mentioned earlier in the thread. I am doing well on it and it's a life style, not a diet.

Genetically fat people can't diet, it's counterproductive. They have to adopt a life style that has to be adhered to every day of their lives. If I didn't live the diet I posted, I would be morbidly obese. As is I am overweight and healthy and happy. I am not going to live like my mom. There is no fun in it. I'd like to see you skinny, condescending people live like that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-04-2012, 11:16 AM
(24-04-2012 11:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Using the stereotype card is a cheap shit excuse to remain bigotted.

Bigotry is hating or being intolerant of someone for no other reason other than a specific trait.

Stereotyping isn't bigotry. It's forming a preconceived thought about a person based on a trait. The thought doesn't have to be negative... it can be positive or completely neutral.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I agree that making statements (jokes) at someone else's expense is simply not a nice thing to do.

Let's look at some of the stereotypes we all understand to some degree:

Nerd-was such an uncool label back in the day...now we work for them
Jock-Duh! Football
Goth-Scary, devil worshiper, probably a cutter-maybe artistic and marching to the beat of a different drum
Freak-I was called this a lot, we were the ones that didn't fit anywhere else
Hippie-dirty, drugged-out, tree-hugging, anti-war, lazy
Brain-The kids made fun of because they did well in school
Redneck-varies a little by area, but we all know they like guns, use poor grammar, are uneducated, etc.
Snob-Thought they were too good for anyone-maybe just kinda shy and self-conscious
God Squad-you fill in the description

I''ll leave out the racial, ethnic ones. But the list is long even without that.

When my son was in HS I called him a jock one day...he wheeled around and said, "I am NOT a jock, I am an athlete, I'm smart."

Whoa....he instantly thought jock was short for "dumb jock".

It's better to get to know the person while looking past the stereotype.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
24-04-2012, 11:18 AM
(24-04-2012 11:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  My mom was of the type who gained weight looking at a donut. She struggled with weight until she was 65 or so. Then she decided to just screw it and had a cup of black coffe for breakfast, a big bowl of lettuce with lemon juice for lunch, and one slice of bread with ham or turkey for dinner - every day for the rest of her life. (15 years). That was the only way she could keep the weight off.

You guys and your low calorie diets just don't get it. It only works for people who pig out on occasion and gain a few pounds. It doesn't work for people who are genetically programmed to store fat. Not all fat people eat all the time.

I struggle with it too. My saving grace is the diet I mentioned earlier in the thread. I am doing well on it and it's a life style, not a diet.

Genetically fat people can't diet, it's counterproductive. They have to adopt a life style that has to be adhered to every day of their lives. If I didn't live the diet I posted, I would be morbidly obese. As is I am overweight and healthy and happy. I am not going to live like my mom. There is no fun in it. I'd like to see you skinny, condescending people live like that.
Many of those skinny, condescending people adhere to the most disciplined and strict diets and lifestyles that there are. Can some people eat like shit and be skinny? Yes. They have a high metabolism but they aren't necessarily healthy.

[Image: SnZEL-772902.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-04-2012, 11:26 AM
(24-04-2012 11:16 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 11:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Using the stereotype card is a cheap shit excuse to remain bigotted.

Bigotry is hating or being intolerant of someone for no other reason other than a specific trait.

Stereotyping isn't bigotry. It's forming a preconceived thought about a person based on a trait. The thought doesn't have to be negative... it can be positive or completely neutral.
Yes...and then it is used as an excuse to perpetuate the act of looking down on others who are different.

Can you think of one stereotype that is positive? And if you use Black Sports Athletes as an example I'm gonna kick your Elect Ass.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-04-2012, 11:30 AM
(24-04-2012 11:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 11:16 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Bigotry is hating or being intolerant of someone for no other reason other than a specific trait.

Yes...and then it is used as an excuse to perpetuate the act of looking down on others who are different.

Can you think of one stereotype that is positive? And if you use Black Sports Athletes as an example I'm gonna kick your Elect Ass.
Asians are smart.

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
24-04-2012, 11:31 AM
(24-04-2012 11:18 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 11:15 AM)Dom Wrote:  My mom was of the type who gained weight looking at a donut. She struggled with weight until she was 65 or so. Then she decided to just screw it and had a cup of black coffe for breakfast, a big bowl of lettuce with lemon juice for lunch, and one slice of bread with ham or turkey for dinner - every day for the rest of her life. (15 years). That was the only way she could keep the weight off.

Many of those skinny, condescending people adhere to the most disciplined and strict diets and lifestyles that there are. Can some people eat like shit and be skinny? Yes. They have a high metabolism but they aren't necessarily healthy.

[Image: SnZEL-772902.jpg]

(24-04-2012 11:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 11:16 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Bigotry is hating or being intolerant of someone for no other reason other than a specific trait.

Asians seem to be perceived as smarter and better educated than other groups, that seems to be positive.

Please Noah...no disrespect, just answering a question.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
24-04-2012, 11:32 AM
(24-04-2012 11:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ]Asians seem to be perceived as smarter and better educated than other groups, that seems to be positive.

Great minds. Thumbsup

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post