Why is it ok to hate fat people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2012, 07:55 AM
RE: Why is it ok to hate fat people?
Hey, Germany.

I know a thousand people too. But they're called racists, not funny.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2012, 08:01 AM
(26-04-2012 07:55 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Germany.

I know a thousand people too. But they're called racists, not funny.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

That's what I meant. Smile

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Frankiej : (to some random black guy) Hey there nigger. What's goin on ya Alabama porch monkey!

Random Black Guy : um, dude...not cool

F : oh it's ok, I'm just joking. Where's your sense of humor boy?

RBG : I don't find it funny when you call me those things, even if you are joking.

F: I don't care. I think it's funny, and I can say it because free speech says so.

And you think this is ok?? And do you really think that either any topic is ok to joke about or none are?
I have heard some dumb shit before, but that one is right up there with, "the bible is true because the bible says so." Do you think the, "I don't care what anyone thinks as long as I know that I'm joking" attitude will get you anywhere?

When you make someone feel like shit, it DOES matter.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-04-2012, 08:22 AM
(26-04-2012 08:12 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Frankiej : (to some random black guy) Hey there nigger. What's goin on ya Alabama porch monkey!

Random Black Guy : um, dude...not cool

F : oh it's ok, I'm just joking. Where's your sense of humor boy?

RBG : I don't find it funny when you call me those things, even if you are joking.

F: I don't care. I think it's funny, and I can say it because free speech says so.

And you think this is ok?? And do you really think that either any topic is ok to joke about or none are?
I have heard some dumb shit before, but that one is right up there with, "the bible is true because the bible says so." Do you think the, "I don't care what anyone thinks as long as I know that I'm joking" attitude will get you anywhere?

When you make someone feel like shit, it DOES matter.
That's a pretty extreme case. Most people don't lack that kind of sense. A more reasonable scenario would be calling a fat guy name Mike, Big Mike. Mike might not care much for being called 'big' all the time since he is sensetive about his weight. But he sucks it up because he knows that the people calling him that are his friends and don't really care about how big he is. Big Mike just sounds like a good nickname for a big guy named Mike.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Okay, I probably should have said earlier that I wouldn't say something like that straight at someone. I tend to use terms out of usual context for humour... that is the kind of thing I meant. Like saying "sup, niggas" to a group of white people... just silly shit like that. It is all about when and under what situation you say it. Apologies if I never made that clear.

I wouldn't call a fat person a fat fuck to their face, as I realise that is pretty mean. I wouldn't direct something like that at someone, I was referring to someone getting offended by something I have said in general, not at a personal attack.

Anyway, why should I care for someone else's opinion of me? When I get offended by something that is not a personal attack I don't expect anyone to care.

[Image: opforum1.png]
26-04-2012, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 08:32 AM by Stark Raving.)
Of course it's an extreme case. But when someone throws out a dichotomy like, "either I can joke about anything or nothing" it warrants an extreme example to make the point. Frankie is saying that anything is fair game. I am pointing out that his attitude towards humor is absurd. If he truly doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks, then this example is no worse than the Big Mike one to him.
(26-04-2012 08:29 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Okay, I probably should have said earlier that I wouldn't say something like that straight at someone. I tend to use terms out of usual context for humour... that is the kind of thing I meant. Like saying "sup, niggas" to a group of white people... just silly shit like that. It is all about when and under what situation you say it. Apologies if I never made that clear.

I wouldn't call a fat person a fat fuck to their face, as I realise that is pretty mean. I wouldn't direct something like that at someone, I was referring to someone getting offended by something I have said in general, not at a personal attack.

Anyway, why should I care for someone else's opinion of me? When I get offended by something that is not a personal attack I don't expect anyone to care.
Thank you for the clarity. Though I still don't agree with you, at least now I understand your perspective a little better (and don't think you're quite the asshole that I initially thought Wink)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
26-04-2012, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 08:35 AM by frankiej.)
(26-04-2012 08:30 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Of course it's an extreme case. But when someone throws out a dichotomy like, "either I can joke about anything or nothing" it warrants an extreme example to make the point. Frankie is saying that anything is fair game. I am pointing out that his attitude towards humor is absurd. If he truly doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks, then this example is no worse than the Big Mike one to him.
I do think anything is fair game, but that doesn't mean I would find something that extreme funny. Someone else might and they should realise that they can say something like that, but they then should be able to accept why they then got a punch in the face.

(26-04-2012 08:30 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 08:29 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Okay, I probably should have said earlier that I wouldn't say something like that straight at someone. I tend to use terms out of usual context for humour... that is the kind of thing I meant. Like saying "sup, niggas" to a group of white people... just silly shit like that. It is all about when and under what situation you say it. Apologies if I never made that clear.

Thank you for the clarity. Though I still don't agree with you, at least now I understand your perspective a little better (and don't think you're quite the asshole that I initially thought Wink)
Yeah, I have a rather controversial sense of humour. Similar to that of South Park really.

[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
26-04-2012, 10:26 AM
(26-04-2012 07:51 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Oh, and my neighbour IS a fat fuck. Tongue
See, that's funny.

But, what about the guy you know nothing about that you see getting on the bus walking toward your seat. ("I sure hope that fat fuck doesn't sit by me.") That seems less funny and much more hateful, even if you never say it outloud to the fat fuck.

Woof...I'm not that slender. That was for Girly and his Fundoshi Fetish. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-04-2012, 10:31 AM
(26-04-2012 10:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 07:51 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Oh, and my neighbour IS a fat fuck. Tongue
See, that's funny.

But, what about the guy you know nothing about that you see getting on the bus walking toward your seat. ("I sure hope that fat fuck doesn't sit by me.") That seems less funny and much more hateful, even if you never say it outloud to the fat fuck.
I might notice that someone is fat, but the words "fat fuck" never really comes to mind and it would be a bit evil to say it to them. I don't mind if a fat person sits next to me... I have no quarrels with the fatties of the world. Fat people need love too. Tongue

I would be annoyed if the person who sat next to me smelled bad, but there is an equal chance that the skinny person next to me stinks... I still would say anything.

26-04-2012, 10:33 AM
(26-04-2012 10:31 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 10:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  See, that's funny.

I might notice that someone is fat, but the words "fat fuck" never really comes to mind and it would be a bit evil to say it to them. I don't mind if a fat person sits next to me... I have no quarrels with the fatties of the world. Fat people need love too. Tongue

I would be annoyed if the person who sat next to me smelled bad, but there is an equal chance that the skinny person next to me stinks... I still would say anything.

I think you hit on something that we can all agree with: Odor is more offensive than fat.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post