Why is it ok to hate fat people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2012, 06:55 PM
RE: Why is it ok to hate fat people?
(26-04-2012 06:30 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Woof.

That's a perfect example of an anecdotal experience (big boob burger lady) becoming the basis for a stereotype (all fat people are gonna block my view and stink like onions). The prejudice is when you see one coming towards you and you judge them without knowing them (oh great, it's boobonion time). But you have no actual reason to believe that fat person B will be like fat person A. You are prejudging them before you know a thing about them. What if they're riotously funny? What if she turns out to be your soul mate? Granted, maybe they're an axe murderer, who knows? But that's the point. To make a determination about someone based solely on their group's stereotype is prejudicial. If you institute a ban on fat people, well then that's discrimination.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Not quite so IMO, sheer enormity can indicate some degree of disadbvantage........... Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey, Germany.

Hilarious.

First and foremost because it's the Family Guy. But the reason it's funny is because it's playing up police brutality and racial profiling.

Hey, Woof.

But you're seeing the person's enormity only. You aren't considering that their other qualities may be something to be desired.

Matt
26-04-2012, 11:59 PM
(26-04-2012 07:16 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Germany.

Hilarious.

First and foremost because it's the Family Guy. But the reason it's funny is because it's playing up police brutality and racial profiling.

Hey, Woof.

But you're seeing the person's enormity only. You aren't considering that their other qualities may be something to be desired.

Matt
An obese person walks into a bar and stumbles on me breaking my leg.
I am annoyed because of the heaviness factor; as for redeeming features of said person at least initially, I am not too interested. This does not make me anti fat, just anti injury .................
27-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Oh God, I've seen this topic, but refused to be a part of it, 'cause I know I would fuck things up in here... Still refusing to participate... Just one little pic, just one...

[Image: Man_0a52b1_339731.jpg]

There, all better now.

See ya!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-04-2012, 04:07 PM
(26-04-2012 11:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's interesting how this thread has ended up focusing more on racism than upon Fatism.
[Image: Chainsaw01.gif]
Satan69 brought the racism "angle" into this...

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
28-04-2012, 09:05 AM
(26-04-2012 06:38 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Funny or offensive?

I think through humor we can explore social concerns without putting the "heavy" onto the listener.
So it brings awareness without repulsion.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
28-04-2012, 10:55 AM
(28-04-2012 09:05 AM)Thomas Wrote:  I think through humor we can explore social concerns without putting the "heavy" onto the listener.
Hey! Are you calling me fat? Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-04-2012, 01:30 PM
(28-04-2012 10:55 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 09:05 AM)Thomas Wrote:  I think through humor we can explore social concerns without putting the "heavy" onto the listener.
Hey! Are you calling me fat? Dodgy
Only when standing next to the Statue of Liberty. Next to the moon, I find you rather emaciated.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like NoahsFarce's post
28-04-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't hate fat people I just feel sorry for them.
30-04-2012, 06:51 AM
I don't hate them, just a little bit scared after one almost suffocated me during a drunken attempt at performing cunnilingus

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post