Why is it ok to hate fat people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2012, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 07:57 PM by Logica Humano.)
RE: Why is it ok to hate fat people?
I find it difficult to hate on "fat people" because they make up the majority of the Western population. Do I think that people who are overweight because they eat too much are gluttonous, selfish, and greedy? Yes. Do I hate them? No.

(21-04-2012 07:48 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I don't think fat people are hated in Australia in general.

Obesity can be very dangerous and my beef is really with the fast food outlets and their exploitation, especially of kids, and the way they work the kid's parents.
Drooling Laughat . Sadcryface2

It is the parent's fault, and not the fast-food companies.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
21-04-2012, 08:04 PM
(21-04-2012 07:53 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I find it difficult to hate on "fat people" because they make up the majority of the Western population. Do I think that people who are overweight because they eat too much are gluttonous, selfish, and greedy? Yes. Do I hate them? No.

(21-04-2012 07:48 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I don't think fat people are hated in Australia in general.

Obesity can be very dangerous and my beef is really with the fast food outlets and their exploitation, especially of kids, and the way they work the kid's parents.
Drooling Laughat . Sadcryface2

It is the parent's fault, and not the fast-food companies.
Yep, the parents can't afford the psychological manipulators and add men that Maccas can, nor can they lobby the politicians to that degree! Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
21-04-2012, 08:41 PM
(21-04-2012 05:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dom,
I don't think I am understanding correctly.

If my friend had had a severe problem with alcohol or narcotics and an intervention was set, would that be helping and done out of concern? I tend to think so.

But, watching someone close to you eat themselves to death because of a food addiction, and trying to help is meddling?

I know my friend had emotional issues...stemming back to being adopted and things forward. I get that. And no I don't have the overeating compulsion. I can't empathize, I have never been really overweight. But I don't think I was in the wrong to worry about my friend. And when I see overweight people, especially young ones...it bothers me because I don't want them to suffer the same fate as my friend.

Are you meddling when you care deeply for someone and you want them to be healthy?

I am confused.

It's different because we understand alcoholism and drug addiction and gamblng addictions and such. There are cures.

We still don't understand the person and can't empathize properly, but we understand the science.

To this day we have not figured out what makes fat people fat. It is not a mental addiction, there are many different physical causes we have found, I even read about a virus that causes obesity. But, overall we know nothing. We understand some physical reasons, but not the majority.

When you tell a fat person that they are fat and that they will die and that they are ugly and all of that, they do try to fight it.

The result is that they always think about food. Their body gets starved on a diet, so they think about food. When the best weight is reached, they taste food again and the body wants to prepare for the next starvation and utilizes every calorie for storage instead of processing it out. The calories are not available for activity, the body stores them. The result - the fat person is now fatter than before. Failure. Death. Ugliness. Pig who can't stop eating. That's what is in that person's thoughts. So, back we go to a diet, lose all the weight. Eat normal, the body stores everything and so on and so on goes the vicious cycle.

But primarily being fat is not like addictions because you have to eat to live, it cannot be avoided alltogether like the other addictions.

It is the same as addictions in that a person who doesn't have that body type cannot empathize. We cannot understand what we don't know. We cannot empathize with what we don't know.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-04-2012, 08:45 PM
i dont hate fat people. i just dont want to have sex with them. i dont think anything about it to be honest with you. why do i care if someone eats alot. i just hate when they lie and say its genetics, and they know they pig out all the time. you dont get to be 400 pounds from genes. there might be a tiny fraction of the population with a thyroid problem but mostly they eat too much and dont exercise. fat people are like black people, they always complain and make excuses for bad behavior. they never take responsibility for anything they do.
21-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Dom,
Please understand that I never called my friend fat. I was supportive in her endeavors to get healthy, when she was doing those things. I always admired her taste in clothing and jewelry. She was funny, smart as hell, and a pleasure to be around. I didn't ride her about her eating or her weight gain. I worried internally.

I was so impressed at how nicely she did her own hair that I asked her to mine before my wedding. Her smile and laugh were wonderful to witness. My kids loved her to pieces. Maybe that's where their acceptance of overweight people comes from. Just like their acceptance of special needs people comes from growing up around her daughter.

She broke a brand new dining room chair at my house, the leg cracked on a couch of mine, she didn't fit in my car, and struggled to get up the few steps into my home. These things were never mentioned, I knew that she was embarrassed and was beating herself up. I feel certain that similar things happened in other people's homes as well as in public.

I am sorry for the loss of your friend, as I am sorry for the loss of mine.

I have great respect for you and I just want to be sure we are understanding one another.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-04-2012, 09:08 PM
(21-04-2012 08:45 PM)satan69 Wrote:  i dont hate fat people. i just dont want to have sex with them. i dont think anything about it to be honest with you. why do i care if someone eats alot. i just hate when they lie and say its genetics, and they know they pig out all the time. you dont get to be 400 pounds from genes. there might be a tiny fraction of the population with a thyroid problem but mostly they eat too much and dont exercise. fat people are like black people, they always complain and make excuses for bad behavior. they never take responsibility for anything they do.
Rubbish, many fat people have genetic propensities towards obesity, the same as sons and daughters of top sports people often become top athletes. I agree with you there are some exceptions.

As for the racist comments, I think of the words from an old Hank William's song.
A loose young girl, rubbished by the town, saves the life of a child about to be run down and loses hers.
'Who was that brave young woman' asks one of the moralists'............"be careful of stones that you throw"........
[+] 3 users Like Mr Woof's post
21-04-2012, 09:36 PM
(21-04-2012 08:45 PM)satan69 Wrote:  fat people are like black people, they always complain and make excuses for bad behavior. they never take responsibility for anything they do.

Goddam satan, more with the racism? Really?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-04-2012, 10:52 PM
sorry man. this zimmerman thing has me pissed off. i need to vent about these fakes that always scream racism, when they are the most racist of all. they assume the black kid is innocent just because he is black. dont worry, there are few black atheists to speak of, so they are not reading this.they are too busy bitching about why tonights ufc fight doesnt have all black refs.
22-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Hey, satan69.

Fuck you.
[+] 9 users Like Ghost's post
22-04-2012, 12:18 AM
WTF? Prime example. Looks like your stereo typing hating thoughts are wrong, S69. Sad not cool and should not be tolerated.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post