Why is it ok to hate fat people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2012, 08:17 AM
RE: Why is it ok to hate fat people?
(22-04-2012 08:01 AM)satan69 Wrote:  you're eating too many calories. period.low fat, high fat, carbs, no carbs.... doesnt matter. the energy you use everyday isnt enough to put you in a deficit. start counting what you eat everyday and subtract 500 calories until you start losing.
That may be true. But I am doing the best I can. I would be down to eating almost nothing a day at this point. Getting older sucks!!

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2012, 08:29 AM
look at the bright side- you will be dead soon and wont have to worry about dieting again. who said death was bad.
22-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Sorry America, by here in Ireland ( and I think Great Britian as well ), Americans are always being stereotyped as being really fat.
22-04-2012, 08:34 AM
(22-04-2012 08:32 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Sorry America, by here in Ireland ( and I think Great Britian as well ), Americans are always being stereotyped as being really fat.
That's only because Americans are really fat.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-04-2012, 08:52 AM
I heard somewhere that in the year 2050, 50% of humans will be obese. Imagine walking down the street and every second person you see is well overweight :/
22-04-2012, 08:53 AM
(22-04-2012 07:55 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  At my age i have found myself gaining weight and just hate it. I do all I can to try to keep it off. I never eat any carryout. I eat only low fat foods. Whole grain and small portions. I try not to eat to many carbs. I cant remember the last time I have eat a potato. I don't eat chips (crisp for the UK people) and never anything fried. Yet I still gain weight very slowly. I feel it is a loosing battle. It just is my genetics and no matter how much I fight it I will gain weight. I am in no way obsessed but I would be 25 lbs over weight or 2 stone. How can someone look at me and just hate the sight of me. If anyone knows how I can loose my weight please tell me. I walk as much as I can. I am disabled and even walking causes great pain.
First off Satan69 is someone worth ignoring.

I'd suggest trying hormones. As you get older there is allot of muscle wasting which can reduce quality of life. Some people go through andropause which can cause issues with bone density as well. Building muscle mass can help get those cellular repair mechanisms working again.

Muscles burn energy even when you aren't using them. You'd be surprised what a difference balancing hormone levels can do. Those things can go out of whack as you get older. Most joint pain and even arthritis pain can be significantly reduced by building stronger muscles (within reason - and depends on the kind of arthritis).

Plus it would be great to be on your feet again wouldn't it?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
22-04-2012, 10:20 AM
(22-04-2012 07:55 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  At my age i have found myself gaining weight and just hate it. I do all I can to try to keep it off. I never eat any carryout. I eat only low fat foods. Whole grain and small portions. I try not to eat to many carbs. I cant remember the last time I have eat a potato. I don't eat chips (crisp for the UK people) and never anything fried. Yet I still gain weight very slowly. I feel it is a loosing battle. It just is my genetics and no matter how much I fight it I will gain weight. I am in no way obsessed but I would be 25 lbs over weight or 2 stone. How can someone look at me and just hate the sight of me. If anyone knows how I can loose my weight please tell me. I walk as much as I can. I am disabled and even walking causes great pain.

It's probably because you have extremely low metabolism. Your body just soaks up every ounce of fat you eat. Try finding ways to increase it. A quick google search will get you loads of info.
22-04-2012, 10:33 AM
(22-04-2012 07:38 AM)Raven Wrote:  My best friend in the world who is like a sister to me is obese and I don't think it's okay to make fun of or to hate fat people. She was essentially born without a functioning thyroid. She's tried every diet out there and even considered weight loss surgery but she's afraid to do it because her mother died from gastric bypass surgery after developing a postoperative infection.

On the other hand, my parents and my husband's parents who are very deeply religious have a deep seated hatred for fat people. I have to endure their criticism of the overweight women in their church every time we go over for Sunday lunch. My brother was upset two weeks ago over a woman who gained 50 pounds in her last pregnancy and is pregnant again now before losing the pregnancy weight. WHAT BUSINESS IS IT OF HIS? He and my mother view being fat as the sin of gluttony. My in-laws hate fat people so much and found it to be a personal failure on their part that my sister-in-law was overweight that they pressured her into lap-band surgery last year. She had to have the device removed when she nearly died from the band slipping and eroding her esophagus. Now she has to go back in for more surgery as her incision continues to open up and get infected. All this because of religion. It sickens me that they couldn't teach their daughter to love herself no matter what weight she was. Angry
Raven,
While my parents are not overly religious, they both are Christians as is my family. However, there are times in which I am truly ashamed of my father's behavior.
There are times he will make crude comments about another person's weight. Sometimes, I have literally had to bite my tongue to keep myself from saying "Yeah, look in the mirror dad." Both of my parents are a little over weight. A lot of it....I blame on their lack of healthy choices.
As another stated on here: Some just do not take the time out to cook healthy meals.
My parents practically live on television dinners or carry out.
Does this make them any less human? No...but it sure does get under my skin when I see some of my friends who are battling with their weight dieting, working out, and about anything that they can under the sun to get their weight under control.
It is sad too...because I can almost hear my dad making one of his derogatory remarks in the back of my head and wanting to shake my head. Where does this sort of thinking come from honestly?
With the growing trend of being stick figure thin...how is it we have many people becoming the exact opposite?

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
22-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Hey Satan try not being a dumbass for like maybe... A post or two.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like lucradis's post
22-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I've been catching heat since I was five. At school and at home (from parents who have high bloodpressure and diabetes no less). A lot of that changed when I got to highschool, but then again when you have a 350 lbs bench press the haters tend to hold they're tongue.

I don't get joked or picked on like I used to but the assumptions are still an annoyance. People think I play football (never have, never will) and being that I'm black, people think I'll beat them up just for looking at me funny. I'm not even gonna go into the BS I get from women. I think this is a good topic. I hope more people speak on it.

OPTIMUS PRIMAL, MAXIMIZE!!!!!!!![/size][/font]
[+] 1 user Likes OptimusPrimal_1914's post