Why is it ok to hate fat people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: Why is it ok to hate fat people?
I'm still dazzled by satan's idiocy, but I'll throw in my two cents on obesity.

1 pound of human fat = 3 500 calories. If the human body burns 3 500 calories more than it takes in, it loses a pound of fat. Vice versa.

Average intake for women = 2 000 calories per day
Average intake for men = 2 500 calories per day
Anything below 900 calories a day is considered starvation.

1 gram of fat = 9 calories
1 gram of carbs = 4 calories
1 gram of protein = 4 calories

Mono and poly unsaturated fats are better for you than saturated fats because they have higher amounts of high density lippoproteins (HDL) while saturated fats have high amounts of low density lippoproteins (LDL). LDL cholesterol is largely responsible for arterial sclerosis (plaquing), while HDL actually acts like a pipe cleaner and can help reduce existing plaque. Essential fatty acids are those fat molecules that cannot be manufactured inside the body. Essential means you MUST get the molecule from an external source. Fats are required; however, their high caloric value makes them an easy candidate for a calorie restricted diet.

Complex carbs are better for you than simple carbs. The molecule is longer and more difficult for your body to break down, meaning the energy lasts longer. It's analogous to diesel vs rocket fuel. Simple (or high glycemic) carbs also cause insulin spikes which are bad m'kay. Some diets advocate eliminating carbohydrates, but they are your body's favourite fuel source. It can use fat and protein, but prefers carbohydrates (which are stored in your body as glycol). You want to avoid catabolism, which is the canabalising of your muscle tissue for energy. Long term studies (that lasted at least a year) that compared low carb diets to diets that included carbohydrates demonstrate that while low carb diets cause rapid initial weight loss, at the end of the year, the net result is essentially identical.

Protein is good for you, but many meats can be high in saturated fats and high protein diets can lead to kidney stones which are no fun at all.

That's just some basic nutrition stuff.

What's really important is METABOLISM.

Metabolism (basically) is the rate at which your body can process calories. It has a great deal to do with genetics and body type (endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph). Overall muscle mass has a huge effect. Even at rest, muscle burns calories. There's a reason that IFBB heavyweight body builders can eat upwards of 10 000 to 15 000 calories in a day.

[Image: julz+gsp+bj+penn.JPG]

Someone like, say, George St. Pierre (left) is an example of a male who exercises at high intensity and who has a high muscle mass, but also has a high metabolism genetically. BJ Penn (right) works out just as hard as GSP, but still looks doughy. That's the kind of impact that metabolism can have on elite athletes. When you get to regular folks (those who don't exercise professionally), the impact is more dramatic.

People who are morbidly obese typically have a perfect storm of metabolic issues. Low muscle mass, slow like molasses genetic metabolism and high calorie diets. There's a reason it's odd for someone to be 500 lbs.

All of this is to say that yes, diet and exercise have a significant impact on someone's weight. But the idea that if anyone hits the gym that they'll look like GSP or Brad Pitt in Fight Club, is patently false.

Do exercise and calorie restricted diets lead to weight loss? Absolutely. Is everyone going to look like Adonis? Not a chance.

Then we hit the last hurdle; psychology. The psychology behind eating is incredibly complex. Some people are able to stick to strict diets with no problem. Other people have eating disorders (not just obese people, but people suffering from bulimia or anorexia nervosa), suffer from depression, obsessive compulsive disorder and other mental health issues. The Victrorian idea of willpower suggests that everyone can just suck it up and control themselves 100% of the time. But that's not only crap, it's an idea that's over 100 years old. Eating disorders are a disease just like alcoholism is a disease. Having very slow metabolic rates is a genetic predisposition, not a choice.

Is it reasonable to be concerned about overweight and obese people's health and encourage them to take care of themselves physically, emotionally and psychologically? Of course. Is it reasonable to expect that everyone should be skinny? Not at all. Should all overweight people be blamed, mocked and ridiculed for their physical state? No.

Discrimination is bad, m'kay. So all you bigots our there, fuck off.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Ghost's post
22-04-2012, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 02:42 PM by satan69.)
its widely understood that gsp is on ped and bj penn isnt..that is one reason they look different. every competitive ifbb bodybuilder is on steroids. PERIOD. you cant win anything w/o them. if all these metabolic issues are the reason for obesity, why were there so few really obese people in the 1960's and before.its LIFESTYLE period. there wasnt a mcdonalds on every corner. you are 100% wrong .im not saying genes dont play a part in how you look. they do.thats why some people play linebacker in the nfl and some play golf. that doesnt mean that genes are why people weigh 400 pounds. they stuff their face from depression and eat a crazy amount of food.ask most people that grew up in the 50's, and they will tell you they had very few morbidly obese people in those days. im not saying overweight people didnt exist but it was far less. the american lifestyle is the main reason we are so fucking fat. dont believe me. ask the fat asian that came to this country 5 years ago and is now 30 pounds overweight.they werent fat in china. i use to work with a guy that would get drunk every weekend and down 10 beers at a time. thats almost 2000 calories in just beer. then he bitches that girls dont date him because he is fat. his lifestyle choice is the reason he was fat and i dont feel bad for him at all.
here is your steroid artcle concerning gsp
http://chicagosmma.com/2009/08/bj-penn-t...-steroids/
22-04-2012, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 02:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-04-2012 02:06 PM)Ghost Wrote:  I'm still dazzled by satan's idiocy, but I'll throw in my two cents on obesity.

Dazzling doesn't feel quite right, nauseating and disgusting and revolting feel closer but still inadequate.

(22-04-2012 02:06 PM)Ghost Wrote:  What's really important is METABOLISM.

Metabolism (basically) is the rate at which your body can process calories. It has a great deal to do with genetics and body type (endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph). Overall muscle mass has a huge effect.

Yup, more muscle means higher metabolism. I work on building up my ass, legs, and lats to fight my diabetes 'cause they're the biggest muscles and I'll get the most return on my investment. N.E.OhioAtheist don't have that option so he's left with going for big ass arms, shoulders and traps.

(22-04-2012 02:06 PM)Ghost Wrote:  BJ Penn (right) works out just as hard as GSP, but still looks doughy.

I guess ... in a "This doughboy is 'bout to kick your ass" kinda way. Wink

(22-04-2012 02:06 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Is it reasonable to be concerned about overweight and obese people's health and encourage them to take care of themselves physically, emotionally and psychologically? Of course. Is it reasonable to expect that everyone should be skinny? Not at all. Should all overweight people be blamed, mocked and ridiculed for their physical state? No.

Discrimination is bad, m'kay. So all you bigots our there, fuck off.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

Normally I'm a big fan of the whole Peace and Love and Empathy thing, Matt, but sometimes I can't help but still feel like opening a can of whupass on somebody. Religious folk don't do it to me, but goddam racists sure the fuck do.

(22-04-2012 02:26 PM)satan69 Wrote:  ask most people that grew up in the 50's, and they will tell you they had very few morbidly obese people in those days. im not saying overweight people didnt exist but it was far less. the american lifestyle is the main reason we are so fucking fat.

Maybe it's 'cause our collective testosterone levels have been decreasing for decades for whatever reason: A Population-Level Decline in Serum Testosterone Levels in American Men. Xenoestrogens seem more likely to me than laziness.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Hey, satan.

Shut the fuck up Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
22-04-2012, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 03:11 PM by satan69.)
if you want to kick all the racists ass, then you should kick all the blacks asses for saying trayvon is innocent just because he is black. if the roles were reversed and trayvon martin shot zimmerman all the blacks would be saying self defense. blacks are the most racist pieces of shit in the US. they have one trait i despise in most people. HYPOCRISY. 3 black kids set a white kid on fire and thats not a hate crime but obama does nothing about it. blacks fail their test for fireman and then sue because there arent enough blacks. as far as as kicking my ass DO IT MOTHERFUCKER!!! i will slit you fucking throat!!! I cant stand YOU FAKE motherfuckers. for the big black motherfucker that posted on this thread. HOW did you get your job affirmative action!!!! YOU fucking loser!! GO SCREAM RACISM!! Your mouth is moving.LOL!! Put your picture on a job application and take our jobs even though you dropped out of high school. Move into a good neighborhood and then destroy it with tagging and crime. after you destroy it, you can blame whites for the conditions you caused. its always whites fault huh you worthless motherfucker!!!!!!!!!! I hope you fucking die scum! Go riot now. You didnt get your way . go complain and burn down your fucking neighborhood, MOTHERFUCKER!! you affirmitive action, cause of half the murders in this country even though you make up 6% of the population motherfucker!!. go read the Bell Curve and see the truth about your worthless racist black race. you low iq motherfuckers.too bad you cant get ahead on the content of your character but have tio use the color of your skin.LOSER!! "im black. i want reparations. give me give me" Go suck al sharptons dick you brainwashed puppet. How does it feel to be black and not be able to think for yourself. al sharpton says jump and you say how high!!
22-04-2012, 03:09 PM
(22-04-2012 06:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  They have these TV shows where they make fat people exercise until they drop the weight. What they don't say is that they have extensive medical screening and the fat people they pick have athletic builds and great endurance.

If you are referring to The Biggest Loser, they absolutely do disclose:

At the end of every telecast, the following disclaimer is shown:

"Our contestants were supervised by doctors while participating in the show, and their diet and exercise regimen was tailored to their medical status and their specific needs. Consult with your own doctor before embarking on any diet or exercise program."

Despite this claim of supervision, however, all contestants are required to sign a waiver that states: "no warranty, representation or guarantee has been made as to the qualifications or credentials of the medical professionals who examine me or perform any procedures on me in connection with my participation in the series, or their ability to diagnose medical conditions that may affect my fitness to participate in the series."

The weight-loss regimen used in the show—severe caloric restriction combined with up to six hours a day of strenuous exercise—involves risks including a weakening of the heart muscle, irregular heartbeat and dangerous reductions in potassium and electrolytes. Contestants, regardless of their weight, are required to certify that they believe they are "in excellent physical, emotional, psychological and mental health."

There are only a few every season who are athletically inclined. The majority are absolutely not.
Many are elderly. Many have orthopedic concerns.

From Weighing in on The Biggest Loser :

Going into the specifics of program design or the underlying principle for doing this or that exercise might be fine for a sports-training show, but The Biggest Loser is primetime television, says Mark Koops, co-creator and one of the executive producers of The Biggest Loser. The average viewer tunes in to be entertained and hopefully inspired to live a healthier lifestyle. From the standpoint of ratings, quick cuts of red-faced contestants doing sprinting intervals on treadmills is more compelling than long takes of the steady-state cardio that contestants do most of the time. And even with its indulgent 2-hour timeslot, The Biggest Loser can broadcast only a fraction of what goes on at “the ranch” or “on campus,” two terms that refer to the property where contestants live, eat and exercise for most of the show’s production. Background material gets shifted around and edited out. Bob Harper—one of the show’s two resident personal trainers—confirms that viewers at home don’t see the vast majority of what goes on between the trainers and contestants on the ranch.

“First, contestants have to get used to moving their bodies and getting comfortable in their own skin,” says Harper, who resides in Los Angeles. “At the beginning, contestants walk on a treadmill and walk the Presidential Mile, which is a flat surface outside. They step up on a 6-inch platform before they jump it or try higher steps. There’s definitely a progression in everything we do—but in fast-forward.” And “fast-forward” it is. These “clients” aren’t working out just three or four times a week for an hour at a time, like most folks do. Dropping pounds is a full-time job for The Biggest Loser contestants, and exercise is practically their sole responsibility on campus. As a result, says Harper, “their fitness capacity increases considerably in a short amount of time.” Given that contestants work out for 4 or 6 hours a day, it’s not surprising that they advance more quickly than the average client.

Ali Vincent—the Phoenix-based winner of The Biggest Loser season 5, who is now a spokesperson for 24 Hour Fitness— reports that she did not literally hit the ground running when she first set foot on The Biggest Loser campus. “We start out very, very slow,” she says. “I started walking on a treadmill, 1 minute on and 1 minute off, at what I thought was high intensity—and it was like 2.6 [miles per hour]. At the time, it was the fastest I’d ever walked in my life. It was hard.” Vincent says she ran at high speeds only for short bouts—such as 30 seconds or 1 minute. “And that was at the very end when I was extraordinarily healthy compared to the beginning,” she says.

Quote:For the average fattie such exercise is often fatal.

Source please. Would love to see the data.

Quote:I guess what I am getting at is that being extremely obese is as much a choice as being gay.

It was all I could do to not respond with this: So, you're saying that being gay is a choice? Big Grin
Alas, I know that's not what you meant. Still I cannot agree with your blanket statement.
It's not as simple as that.

From WebMD: Obesity Epidemic "Astronomical" :

James O. Hill, PhD, director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, claims that at the rate we're going, obesity-related diabetes alone "will break the bank of our healthcare system."

So one has to wonder how obesity got so out of control that we reached this crisis. And more importantly, how do we stop it?

So what's causing the epidemic? Not surprisingly, everyone agrees that it stems from two things: eating too much and exercising too little. The differences are in the specifics.

Although people may toss around the idea of genetics in obesity, genes can't really explain what's happening, Hill says. While a person may have a genetic predisposition toward a certain body type, the fact that each succeeding generation is heavier than the last proves that changes in our environment are playing the key role.

Hill believes the culprit may be a decrease in our physical activity, arguing that because of shifts in how we live and work, we don't get as much exercise as previous generations did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Since 1985, medications, psychological factors, lack of sleep, stress and especially
genetics have not changed proportionately to the exponential increase in belt-lines.

[Image: USObesityRatesMap1985-2010.gif]

More reading of interest:

Sugar seeks sweet revenge against competition from corn syrup

CDC: Obesity is common, serious and costly.

Increase in the amount of fast food restaurants associated with increase in obesity

(22-04-2012 07:09 AM)satan69 Wrote:  leela,you have it backwards. smokers are vile worthless trash because they blow their carcinogens in your face, and think they have a right to do it. you should tell them- i hope you get cancer and die a slow fucking death. fat people dont hurt you. they hurt themselves. if you see a fat person at mcdonalds, you have no right to tell them anything. they arent bothering you. people have a right to destroy themselves as long as they dont hurt you. its the libertarian way. you must be a obama fan. trying to run everyones life and tell them you know better. like those fat slobs dr phil and michelle obama trying to give diet advice. the nerve of that fat cunt michelle trying to tell us what we have to eat. she is a fat fucking slob, and of course being a democrat, thinks she knows whats best for us.

Obesity affects all of us, genius.

According to the American Heart Association :

The total excess cost related to the current prevalence of adolescent overweight and obesity
is estimated to be $254 billion ($208 billion in lost productivity secondary to premature morbidity
and mortality and $46 billion in direct medical costs). If current trends in the growth of obesity
continue, total healthcare costs attributable to obesity could reach $861 to $957 billion by 2030,
which would account for 16% to 18% of US health expenditures.

Also, the first lady is fat? You're a moron of the highest order.
Not only is she not fat, she's fucking gorgeous.

[Image: michelle-obama-for-more-magazine-february-2012-1.jpg]
[Image: 01v.jpg]
[Image: michelle-obama-prevention.jpg]

Also, Michelle Obama's Let's Move initiative doesn't force anyone to do anything.
She isn't telling anyone what to do. She's promoting a healthy lifestyle for kids!
READ about it, shit-for-brains: http://www.letsmove.gov/

You're already revealed your contemptibly stupid prejudices.
I would venture that your problem with the First Lady isn't her
program to combat childhood obesity... it's that she's black.

You have no credibility. You're a racist. Go fuck yourself. Thumbsup

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Quidsane's post
22-04-2012, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 03:41 PM by satan69.)
bathing suit photo of michelle that arent airbrushed

http://newsbird.wordpress.com/2010/01/01...uit-photo/

video of michelle not airbrushed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nohM3Ui4JY
22-04-2012, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 03:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-04-2012 03:02 PM)satan69 Wrote:  if you want to kick all the racists ass, then you should kick all the blacks asses for saying trayvon is innocent just because he is black. if the roles were reversed and trayvon martin shot zimmerman all the blacks would be saying self defense. blacks are the most racist pieces of shit in the US. they have one trait i despise in most people. HYPOCRISY. 3 black kids set a white kid on fire and thats not a hate crime but obama does nothing about it. blacks fail their test for fireman and then sue because there arent enough blacks. as far as as kicking my ass DO IT MOTHERFUCKER!!! i will slit you fucking throat!!! I cant stand YOU FAKE motherfuckers. for the big black motherfucker that posted on this thread. HOW did you get your job affirmative action!!!! YOU fucking loser!! GO SCREAM RACISM!! Your mouth is moving.LOL!! Put your picture on a job application and take our jobs even though you dropped out of high school. Move into a good neighborhood and then destroy it with tagging and crime. after you destroy it, you can blame whites for the conditions you caused. its always whites fault huh you worthless motherfucker!!!!!!!!!! I hope you fucking die scum! Go riot now. You didnt get your way . go complain and burn down your fucking neighborhood, MOTHERFUCKER!! you affirmitive action, cause of half the murders in this country even though you make up 6% of the population motherfucker!!. go read the Bell Curve and see the truth about your worthless racist black race. you low iq motherfuckers.too bad you cant get ahead on the content of your character but have tio use the color of your skin.LOSER!! "im black. i want reparations. give me give me" Go suck al sharptons dick you brainwashed puppet. How does it feel to be black and not be able to think for yourself. al sharpton says jump and you say how high!!

I'm gonna argue to not ban you. I'm gonna lose.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-04-2012, 03:19 PM
(22-04-2012 03:15 PM)satan69 Wrote:  photos of michelle that arent airbrushed
http://www.zimbio.com/Michelle+Obama/art...t+pictures

Ummm..that is not fat. A little heavier than some but not fat. What is your idea of fat a size 6? 8? Maybe as low as a 2 or 4?

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
[+] 1 user Likes AnotherSinner's post
22-04-2012, 03:22 PM
hey Optimus, how does it feel that everyday you wake up whites have to pander to you and patronize you because your black. How does it feel to get ahead because of that complexion for protection. How does it feel to know that black men make up 6% of the population but do half the murders and violent assualts in the US and then we have to pretend that you dont because your black. How does it feel that any place in america that has a black majority is a complete crime ridden DUMP! Go scream racism for why blacks have it so tough in detroit. maybe its bacause you havent worked for shit in 50years. maybe its because you vote for the same democratic scum mayor year in and year out.