Why is it ok to hate fat people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2012, 03:47 PM
RE: Why is it ok to hate fat people?
No one else is seeing rabid dog behavior out of the racist, hate-filled ass with the appropriate name?

Atheists, as a group and singly, put up with a lot of prejudice and we don't like it...why allow the same shit spewing crap to be directed at any other group?

I don't understand. But, thanks for the answers.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
22-04-2012, 03:49 PM
(22-04-2012 03:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  No one else is seeing rabid dog behavior out of the racist, hate-filled ass with the appropriate name?

Atheists, as a group and singly, put up with a lot of prejudice and we don't like it...why allow the same shit spewing crap to be directed at any other group?

I don't understand. But, thanks for the answers.
I am in agreement with you there. Could basically telling someone that they are going to die soon be about the equivalent of telling them to kill themselves? Seen some of that garbage flying around. That in itself is appaulling.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
[+] 1 user Likes AnotherSinner's post
22-04-2012, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 03:57 PM by satan69.)
he threatened to kick my ass. are you going to pass that on hypocrite........ that guy said he was sick and gaining weight. i just said when he dies of his natural causes or whatever illness he has, that he wont have to diet anymore. that goes for us all. one of the benefits to death is no more worrying about calories. why should he care when he dies anyway. there is no afterlife, so it doesnt matter. if he dies young or old, get over your infatuation with death.
22-04-2012, 03:58 PM
(22-04-2012 03:19 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 03:15 PM)satan69 Wrote:  photos of michelle that arent airbrushed
http://www.zimbio.com/Michelle+Obama/art...t+pictures

Ummm..that is not fat. A little heavier than some but not fat. What is your idea of fat a size 6? 8? Maybe as low as a 2 or 4?
I don't know WTF he is talking about, id tap that.
[+] 3 users Like Antirepublican's post
22-04-2012, 03:59 PM
A ban is a bit like death in a way... that's why we're reluctant. It's a heavy responsibility for the mods to decide to silence someone. No one's denying that S69 has crossed the line. But if we ban him... we kinda lose too. We're saying in a way "you're too disgusting to hang out with us"... free speech... racism... if he hadn't actually made a threat - and not just a "I'll kick your ass, fool" threat - which is generally understood to be rhetorical - but a more violent "I'll slit your throat" threat... I would still argue not to ban, even though I utterly despise what he's got to say.

Also it was my original understanding that the threat had to be tangible to be ban worthy - i.e. the mods would have to feel that it wasn't just a heat of the moment rant but an actual threat with intent, but I see that the rules make no mention of this, so I guess threat is a threat Undecided
22-04-2012, 04:04 PM
I ban for threats of violence.

Goodbye Satan you douchebag.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like lucradis's post
22-04-2012, 04:12 PM
(22-04-2012 04:04 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I ban for threats of violence.

Goodbye Satan you douchebag.
All Hail Lucradis! All Hail Lucradis! All Hail Lucradis!

Praise be Lucradis!

Under Repair.
[+] 2 users Like itsacow's post
22-04-2012, 04:27 PM
(22-04-2012 04:04 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Goodbye Satan you douchebag.

This one feels like euthanasia to me. A mercy killing where the vet just shows up and gives the poor dog a shot to put it out of its misery. It was beyond saving. I wouldn't expect any long term psychological community scarring from this one. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-04-2012, 04:28 PM
I'd guess that fat people are discriminated against for the same reason that theists discriminate against gay people... a lot of non-fat people see it as a choice. I'm sure it is to some extent, because fat people tend to eat more than others do, and eating less is a choice. But genetics plays a role, too, so it's not entirely fair to call it a choice.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 04:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-04-2012 03:58 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 03:19 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Ummm..that is not fat. A little heavier than some but not fat. What is your idea of fat a size 6? 8? Maybe as low as a 2 or 4?
I don't know WTF he is talking about, id tap that.

Yeah, she gives me a woodie too. ... I mean if I wasn't married and she wasn't the First Lady and all. ... nah, I still wouldn't have the stones to talk to her. Blush

(22-04-2012 04:28 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I'd guess that fat people are discriminated against for the same reason that theists discriminate against gay people... a lot of non-fat people see it as a choice. I'm sure it is to some extent, because fat people tend to eat more than others do, and eating less is a choice. But genetics plays a role, too, so it's not entirely fair to call it a choice.

It's a self-reinforcing biochemical cascade, like anorexia or extreme exercise or adrenalin junkies. Obesity is just a harder loop to break than others 'cause the cells craving nutrients don't see nothing wrong in it. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.