Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 02:31 PM
RE: Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution
(24-11-2015 02:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 02:28 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Keep reading Chas. You will catch up. Lol

Start thinking logically, maybe you will catch up. Drinking Beverage
Outch!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2015, 02:32 PM
(24-11-2015 02:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 02:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  According to science daily, the fossils are 2-3 million years old. The Himalayas are thought to be 55-75 million years old. Now scientists are saying the Himalayas are 450-500 million years old. How did a 3 million year old creature end up on the top of Mount Everest? 3 million and 500 million is quite a time shift don't you think?

Oh, come on. Facepalm CITATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
I am trying to get the link. It was on science daily. I am working on it...jeeze.
24-11-2015, 02:32 PM
(24-11-2015 02:31 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 02:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Start thinking logically, maybe you will catch up. Drinking Beverage
Outch!

If you don't like being stung, stop being an ass.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2015, 02:33 PM
(24-11-2015 02:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 02:31 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Outch!

If you don't like being stung, stop being an ass.
Do I have to change my picture?
24-11-2015, 02:33 PM
(24-11-2015 01:17 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I don't know if it would be the entire world. However if there was a catastrophic flood on a large enough scale would it be plausible to assume the writer believed the entire world was flooded. The fact that the bible mentions nephilim after the flood would lead someone to conclude that not everyone was killed.

The fact that the bible mentions nephilim after the flood would lead someone to conclude that the whole story is bullshit. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2015, 02:34 PM
(24-11-2015 02:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 01:17 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I don't know if it would be the entire world. However if there was a catastrophic flood on a large enough scale would it be plausible to assume the writer believed the entire world was flooded. The fact that the bible mentions nephilim after the flood would lead someone to conclude that not everyone was killed.

The fact that the bible mentions nephilim after the flood would lead someone to conclude that the whole story is bullshit. Drinking Beverage
Or the flood did not actually cover the entire earth.
24-11-2015, 02:37 PM
http://www.montana.edu/everest/resources...Summit.pdf

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-11-2015, 02:44 PM
(24-11-2015 02:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.montana.edu/everest/resources...Summit.pdf
I read it. It was a good lesson. It did confirm that Everest is believed to be around 470 million years old but it does not explain how a 3 million year old fossil was found on top of it.
24-11-2015, 02:45 PM
(24-11-2015 02:34 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 02:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  The fact that the bible mentions nephilim after the flood would lead someone to conclude that the whole story is bullshit. Drinking Beverage
Or the flood did not actually cover the entire earth.

Yes, which makes it false hyperbolic legends... it's well known there were flood tales influenced by river floods such as some Mesopotamian flood regions and as it's told in Epic of Gilgamesh. Though it doesn't make it right to say, maybe they thought that was all the world, because every detail they knew included in those eras of the rest of the known lands show it's bs. You'd have to include Egypt that they knew existed according to their own legend because it's not a story written until after they leave there, where records exist in great detail over the timeline. With no records or demonstrations of some global scale flood affecting them.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-11-2015, 02:45 PM
(24-11-2015 02:44 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 02:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.montana.edu/everest/resources...Summit.pdf
I read it. It was a good lesson. It did confirm that Everest is believed to be around 470 million years old but it does not explain how a 3 million year old fossil was found on top of it.

Eagles.

Drinking Beverage