Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution
As promised, I have created an "underailable thread " on the Christian forum. That way everyone can easily meet the 100 post and 5 like requirement needed to participate in the apologetics thread. Here is the link.

http://www.christianforums.com/index.php...s/7923391/
The Underailable Thread!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
24-12-2015, 11:46 AM
(14-12-2015 08:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  But I will very hesitantly say that God spoke to me in a way that I could not deny. I know you all may think it is insane which is why it took so much prodding to get it out. I know it will have absolutely no influence on anyone reading this forum but it is the truth.

You need to know that for some people, extreme anxiety may cause what is perceived as complex auditory hallucinations—such as hearing voices.

For someone with anxiety, the person isn't hallucinating voices per se. Rather, they're constantly hyper-vigilant and attentive to everything around them, but also distracted by their own anxiety to the point where they struggle to focus. This causes them to hear some types of noise while distracted, and then immediately think they've heard voices—because their brain translates the sound into a voice. The brain is unable to process the noises correctly, giving the impression that they heard a voice when they didn't.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
25-12-2015, 01:25 PM
(24-12-2015 11:46 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 08:22 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  But I will very hesitantly say that God spoke to me in a way that I could not deny. I know you all may think it is insane which is why it took so much prodding to get it out. I know it will have absolutely no influence on anyone reading this forum but it is the truth.

You need to know that for some people, extreme anxiety may cause what is perceived as complex auditory hallucinations—such as hearing voices.

For someone with anxiety, the person isn't hallucinating voices per se. Rather, they're constantly hyper-vigilant and attentive to everything around them, but also distracted by their own anxiety to the point where they struggle to focus. This causes them to hear some types of noise while distracted, and then immediately think they've heard voices—because their brain translates the sound into a voice. The brain is unable to process the noises correctly, giving the impression that they heard a voice when they didn't.
Is that related to thinking you hear a voice, and then when you really listen you realize it's the fan on the fridge?
25-12-2015, 01:30 PM
(16-12-2015 08:04 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  As promised, I have created an "underailable thread " on the Christian forum. That way everyone can easily meet the 100 post and 5 like requirement needed to participate in the apologetics thread. Here is the link.

The Underailable Thread!

Dafuq why I'd want to engage a bunch of unworthy Christians, Preacher Man?

#sigh
25-12-2015, 01:32 PM
(07-08-2011 05:36 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
Quote:When i was younger i thought everyone believed that evolution was real and was facted, i never met anyone who disagreed.

So did i. To this day i have only met one person who thought evolution was a lie.

Stop by a Seventh-Day-Adventist Church some Saturday AM and meet hudnreds in one fell swoop!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
17-01-2016, 06:05 AM
because they think it offends their sky daddy. surely he created all life perfectly from the very start, so there would be no reason for it to adapt and change.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
17-01-2016, 08:18 AM
(25-12-2015 01:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 08:04 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  As promised, I have created an "underailable thread " on the Christian forum. That way everyone can easily meet the 100 post and 5 like requirement needed to participate in the apologetics thread. Here is the link.

The Underailable Thread!

Dafuq why I'd want to engage a bunch of unworthy Christians, Preacher Man?
[Image: 628a43369f801bf0fef4ecb95768f2f0.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
17-01-2016, 08:39 AM
(17-01-2016 06:05 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  because they think it offends their sky daddy. surely he created all life perfectly from the very start, so there would be no reason for it to adapt and change.

Worse is I think offence made to them. One day you're crown of creation and next just another animal. Considering this there is nothing surprising in this that some believers deny TE.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-01-2016, 08:50 AM
(25-12-2015 01:25 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 11:46 AM)SYZ Wrote:  You need to know that for some people, extreme anxiety may cause what is perceived as complex auditory hallucinations—such as hearing voices.

Is that related to thinking you hear a voice, and then when you really listen you realize it's the fan on the fridge?
Long ago maybe 48 years ago I worked spraying paint in a closed in environment. It was oil based paint and very much a hallucinogenic. Just hearing the paint gun's pump I could carry on a conversation with it after having been working for half an hour. I did get what seemed sincere messages from the paint gum at times. Nothing that I remember now, but do recall that they seemed important at the time!
17-01-2016, 09:13 AM
(25-12-2015 01:25 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 11:46 AM)SYZ Wrote:  The brain is unable to process the noises correctly, giving the impression that they heard a voice when they didn't.

Exactly. I occasionally suffer from auditory hallucinations, particularly late at night when it's perfectly silent outside, with no ambient background noises. It tends to happen more when there's two combined but dissimilar sounds nearby, like my PC's fan and the hum of the air conditioner. I also have tinnitus, which exacerbates these hallucinations, and generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) plus its associated hyper-vigilance.

It usually sounds like a radio playing in the mid distance, complete with a DJ's voice plus periods of music. When it first started happening years ago, I actually checked outside a couple of times thinking there were people talking in my yard, or a nearby party. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.