Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 09:35 AM
RE: Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution
(16-12-2015 08:04 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  As promised, I have created an "underailable thread " on the Christian forum. That way everyone can easily meet the 100 post and 5 like requirement needed to participate in the apologetics thread. Here is the link.

http://www.christianforums.com/index.php...s/7923391/
The Underailable Thread!

It seems crazy to me how much you have to define yourself to post on that site--maybe so that people can decide not to consider what you have to say on the merits. Marital status, political affiliation, religious affiliation. They do seem to love their little boxes!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
17-01-2016, 09:40 AM
(17-01-2016 09:35 AM)julep Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 08:04 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  As promised, I have created an "underailable thread " on the Christian forum. That way everyone can easily meet the 100 post and 5 like requirement needed to participate in the apologetics thread. Here is the link.

http://www.christianforums.com/index.php...s/7923391/
The Underailable Thread!

It seems crazy to me how much you have to define yourself to post on that site--maybe so that people can decide not to consider what you have to say on the merits. Marital status, political affiliation, religious affiliation. They do seem to love their little boxes!

Little boxes made of ticky tacky.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-01-2016, 07:23 AM
(04-08-2011 09:21 AM)digitali Wrote:  Do they know that if they succeed, it doesn't prove creationism anyway?Smile

I know I am reaching to answer a question that was asked over 4 years ago, but the simple mind of many creationists, and my brother has a degree which qualifies him to teach 4 languages beyond his own English, but still has a very simple mind, works on a dichotomy. If it isn't evolution it has to be creation exactly as I personally understand creationism.
23-01-2016, 08:58 AM
(04-08-2011 09:21 AM)digitali Wrote:  Do they know that if they succeed, it doesn't prove creationism anyway?Smile

Because if we evolved, we're not special. We have no intrinsic value. We have to go out and earn our own self esteem. Religion is all about the unearned, both in matter and in spirit. It's all about unearned greatness, unearned knowledge, unearned material values (consider the Lilies of the field), Unearned love, unearned forgiveness.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
23-01-2016, 05:52 PM
(17-01-2016 06:05 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  because they think it offends their sky daddy. surely he created all life perfectly from the very start, so there would be no reason for it to adapt and change.

And yet he demands circumcision of the penis because it's not perfect as is. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2016, 08:09 AM
(23-01-2016 05:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 06:05 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  because they think it offends their sky daddy. surely he created all life perfectly from the very start, so there would be no reason for it to adapt and change.

And yet he demands circumcision of the penis because it's not perfect as is. Consider

cant you use the foreskin as currency or something? i seem to recall that being in the bible. so it does have a purpose. checkmate, sir!
24-01-2016, 08:14 AM
(24-01-2016 08:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 05:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  And yet he demands circumcision of the penis because it's not perfect as is. Consider

cant you use the foreskin as currency or something? i seem to recall that being in the bible. so it does have a purpose. checkmate, sir!

Only to pay off Yahweh or buy a kingship.

24-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Impossible to disprove evolution. it is predictable, observable and falsifiable...thus fact.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
24-01-2016, 09:45 AM
(24-01-2016 09:41 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Impossible to disprove evolution. it is predictable, observable and falsifiable...thus fact.

But since when impossibility stopped fanatcis from trying?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-01-2016, 09:47 AM
(24-01-2016 09:41 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Impossible to disprove evolution. it is predictable, observable and falsifiable...thus fact.

Hmmmm. Consider

It is falsifiable, therefor possible to disprove in principle. They just haven't done it and aren't likely to.

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post