Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2011, 01:13 PM
RE: Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution
(15-10-2011 11:33 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Yeah I get what you mean. But you are assuming I don't beleive in a heaven. You've not been on this forum long enough to know what my beliefs are.
You are totally right I should have never assumed. Although you never know who has been lurking and for how long. So are you saying you believe in heaven or you believe in a heaven? But not in the Christian sense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2011, 12:35 AM
(15-10-2011 01:13 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  
(15-10-2011 11:33 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Yeah I get what you mean. But you are assuming I don't beleive in a heaven. You've not been on this forum long enough to know what my beliefs are.
You are totally right I should have never assumed. Although you never know who has been lurking and for how long. So are you saying you believe in heaven or you believe in a heaven? But not in the Christian sense.

Many of us believe in both and heaven and hell. We just believe they are both here and now. Up to us which one we want to realize.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
16-10-2011, 06:48 AM
(15-10-2011 01:13 PM)Jesus H Christ Wrote:  You are totally right I should have never assumed. Although you never know who has been lurking and for how long. So are you saying you believe in heaven or you believe in a heaven? But not in the Christian sense.

I don't believe in a heaven. I do accept it is possible that there is an afterlife but to me it is very unlikely. What about you? What do you believe?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
18-10-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm not hating on no Catholic as a person - but that religion is the worst. It's old, established, and insidious. Theistic evolution is a prime example of "devil's work," as far as I'm concerned - it makes "religion" seem more tolerable - yet there is nothing more intolerant than religion.

I have an understanding of YHWH that just doesn't coincide with stuff having nothing to do with YHWH - like modern evolution, like hell, like being tolerant. YHWH ain't tolerant - YHWH don't play; but the message of YHWH is one of life - this life right here - and that message is lost in turning YHWH into this "understanding trinity" that doesn't actually produce any understanding.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2011, 11:54 AM
If evolution is proven true, it discredits biblical creation. There are variations of the Sabbath, but the one I came to know (during my Roman Catholic days) was based off the 7th day of rest. Proving evolution also proves that biblical creation is false; therefore, everything that references the 7th day of rest, to include the 10 commandments, also comes into question. There's a lot more riding on biblical creation than creation itself.
14-11-2011, 12:31 PM
(14-11-2011 11:54 AM)danalog Wrote:  If evolution is proven true, it discredits biblical creation. There are variations of the Sabbath, but the one I came to know (during my Roman Catholic days) was based off the 7th day of rest. Proving evolution also proves that biblical creation is false; therefore, everything that references the 7th day of rest, to include the 10 commandments, also comes into question. There's a lot more riding on biblical creation than creation itself.

Improper thread resurrection... I'm telling! Big Grin

Nah. Bible disproves creationism. See Job 38. Wink

Creationists just another group trying to make scripture into something it isn't. "God" is not contained in word, "God" is contained in human understanding. This atheist ain't "without God," this atheist without a lot of senseless gospel - but I still get senseless once in a while. Wink

14-11-2011, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 04:40 PM by Mr Woof.)
(14-11-2011 11:54 AM)danalog Wrote:  If evolution is proven true, it discredits biblical creation. There are variations of the Sabbath, but the one I came to know (during my Roman Catholic days) was based off the 7th day of rest. Proving evolution also proves that biblical creation is false; therefore, everything that references the 7th day of rest, to include the 10 commandments, also comes into question. There's a lot more riding on biblical creation than creation itself.

The creationists have a hidden agender.

We can always say an unknown force (god) was the prime mover of evolution in some way. So what? A demiurge? Cosmic lunatic?. Panspermia depositor?

The hidden agender of the theists and other religious groups is to have us believe that this 'prime mover' is worthy of devotion and control over us. In logic this is known as a fallacy of equivocation (among other fallacies)... the utilization of one specific claim to produce a plethora of others, all totally unsubstantiated.
14-11-2011, 05:04 PM
If evolution is true, which it is, then it drastically discredits the entire story of creationism, the first story of the Bible and the only story most Christians have actually bothered reading. Creationism is the premise for the rest of the Biblical stories, and without creation, Yahweh is just a sadistic cruel bastard who enjoys watching humans suffer.

Skip to 3:02
or watch the whole thing, its quite funny.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
14-11-2011, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 06:38 PM by houseofcantor.)
(14-11-2011 04:34 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

The creationists have a hidden agender.

We can always say an unknown force (god) was the prime mover of evolution in some way. So what? A demiurge? Cosmic lunatic?. Panspermia depositor?

The hidden agender of the theists and other religious groups is to have us believe that this 'prime mover' is worthy of devotion and control over us. In logic this is known as a fallacy of equivocation (among other fallacies)... the utilization of one specific claim to produce a plethora of others, all totally unsubstantiated.
It's agenda, Woof. Wink

Not a native English speaker?

(14-11-2011 05:04 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Skip to 3:02
or watch the whole thing, its quite funny.

The whole movie's a riot. Seen it a few times. Got it on this unit, as a matter of fact. Wink

15-11-2011, 08:33 AM
I have found two basic reasons for people being anti-evolutionist:
1. Their religion says to interpret whatever holy book literally;
2. The idea of evolution is scary or repugnant to them.

Evolution tells us we are not the center of creation, there is no being watching out for us, we are animals, we are an accident, we all die and that's it. These are things that people seem to want not to be true.
They don't want to take responsibility for living their one, incredibly unlikely life to its fullest.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]