15-10-2015, 08:02 AM
RE: Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution
Hug RocketSurgeon76 Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
15-10-2015, 08:59 AM
I love how people copy and paste entire arguments from another website to "answer" someone's question.

Person "Well could you explain yourself?"

Theist "ABSOLUTELY! *pastes an entire 3 page essay from a website*"

Person "No no, YOUR words and understanding please...."

Theist *Pastes 6 page essay wall of text copied and pasted from another website*

Person "ugh."

Like it's one thing to have a coherent argument and reasoning of your own understanding and quote a few things here and there using citations, but there's no "you" in pasting literally everything from elsewhere. There's no argument, no debate. If debates worked like that, people would stand up in front of audiences with 10 page reports and simply hold them up and go, "OH YEAH?" *hold up report.* and then the other guy would gasp and hold up a different report, and they would keep holding up reports as retort until one of them started bringing up youtube videos on his laptop saying, "YEAH? Well WATCH THIS!"

Unfortunately, this is basically how people debate these days.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
04-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Part of the problem is that Christians have no idea how to interpret their own book. If the Bible is true (go with me on this for a sec), you have to consider who the authors were and who they were writing this to.

Moses is said to have been the author of Genesis and he was writing this to the Israelites. Moses was not a scientist, and the Israelites had no interest in their origins. The book was not written as a science document and should have never been interpreted as such. At the time Moses was taking his people through areas known for their polytheistic beliefs. Genesis 1 simply is to explain that God (Yahweh) was at the beginning and that he is the reason for all that is around them.

Now, this explanation doesn't directly help in disproving the Bible, but if other Christians would accept that the creation account is not to be taken literally, this could possibly open others to the idea that science is not evil. If nothing else, it can get the ball rolling (exactly what happened in my case).
[+] 1 user Likes Syltraul's post
08-11-2015, 05:22 PM
(04-08-2011 09:21 AM)digitali Wrote:  Do they know that if they succeed, it doesn't prove creationism anyway?Smile

And it doesn't disprove it, either.
11-11-2015, 02:30 AM
(04-08-2011 09:21 AM)digitali Wrote:  Do they know that if they succeed, it doesn't prove creationism anyway?Smile
No, they don't. They believe a false dichotomy that there are only two possibilities: creationism or evolution. Prove evolution false and by default creationism is true.

Sapere aude
11-11-2015, 04:28 AM
(14-10-2015 01:09 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Now correct me if I am wrong but the last time I checked there were literally hundreds of different dog breeds today because of selective breeding. Why can't nature do it?

Nature does do it over millions of years.

Humans can do many things. Respect your species.

You seemed ok earlier. Please don't show yourself to be uneducated. I could not stand it.

Humans are quite extraordinary animals. If we can invent the internet and put men on the moon and objects in space, we can mix breed dogs.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-11-2015, 06:34 AM
(11-11-2015 04:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 01:09 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Now correct me if I am wrong but the last time I checked there were literally hundreds of different dog breeds today because of selective breeding. Why can't nature do it?

Nature does do it over millions of years.

You seemed ok earlier. Please don't show yourself to be uneducated. I could not stand it.

Humans are quite extraordinary animals. If we can invent the internet and put men on the moon and objects in space, we can mix breed dogs.
You failed to see the context. I was supporting evolution by stating an obvious case where animals adapt through selective breeding to better suit their environment. If people can do it with dogs, it seems logical to assume that other animals can do it in nature.
11-11-2015, 06:54 AM
(11-11-2015 06:34 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 04:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Nature does do it over millions of years.

You failed to see the context. I was supporting evolution by stating an obvious case where animals adapt through selective breeding to better suit their environment. If people can do it with dogs, it seems logical to assume that other animals can do it in nature.

Animals don't adapt through selective breeding to better suit their environment. They were selectively bred to fulfill a specific purpose.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
11-11-2015, 07:17 AM
(11-11-2015 06:54 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 06:34 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  You failed to see the context. I was supporting evolution by stating an obvious case where animals adapt through selective breeding to better suit their environment. If people can do it with dogs, it seems logical to assume that other animals can do it in nature.

Animals don't adapt through selective breeding to better suit their environment. They were selectively bred to fulfill a specific purpose.
Ok. I am not going to question you. I am by no means any authority in the fields of biology. This may be something Rocketsurgen may better explain to me.
11-11-2015, 07:38 AM
(11-11-2015 07:17 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 06:54 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Animals don't adapt through selective breeding to better suit their environment. They were selectively bred to fulfill a specific purpose.
Ok. I am not going to question you. I am by no means any authority in the fields of biology. This may be something Rocketsurgen may better explain to me.

I'm no authority on it either. Rock can definitely offer a better explanation than I can.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.