Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution
(17-01-2016 09:35 AM)julep Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 08:04 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  As promised, I have created an "underailable thread " on the Christian forum. That way everyone can easily meet the 100 post and 5 like requirement needed to participate in the apologetics thread. Here is the link.

http://www.christianforums.com/index.php...s/7923391/
The Underailable Thread!

It seems crazy to me how much you have to define yourself to post on that site--maybe so that people can decide not to consider what you have to say on the merits. Marital status, political affiliation, religious affiliation. They do seem to love their little boxes!

Reminds me of this joke:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

The tree of delusion is nourished by the vague promises and skewed perception of prayer. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
25-01-2016, 06:42 AM
RE: Why is it that creationist are trying to disprove evolution
(25-01-2016 06:35 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 09:35 AM)julep Wrote:  It seems crazy to me how much you have to define yourself to post on that site--maybe so that people can decide not to consider what you have to say on the merits. Marital status, political affiliation, religious affiliation. They do seem to love their little boxes!

Reminds me of this joke:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.
It's funny because sadly it rings with truth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply